The Student Room Group

University Clearing Vacancy lists 2019

Every year some universities publish their vacancies online before the official listings come from UCAS. While UCAS now leave vacancies available throughout July and August it's still handy to have all the links in one place.

A couple of years ago I pulled together the links to them all in this thread, in this thread, in this thread and in this thread.)

Note: No listings - sometimes this is because the listings aren't available but often this is because the clearing listings look identical to their full course list. This could be true (every single course is in clearing) but it's best to double check directly and on UCAS.

DO NOT CALL ABOUT CLEARING VACANCIES UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY HOLDING YOUR RESULTS
Scottish listings:
Aberdeen
Dundee: Scottish & EU students | Rest of UK| International students
Edinburgh Napier: Scottish & EU students | rest of UK students | International students
Glasgow: Scottish students | EU students | rest of UK students | International students
Glasgow Caledonian
Queen Margaret, Edinburgh
Robert Gordon
Stirling
Strathclyde

--------------------------------------------------------------
Rest of UK listings

Anglia Ruskin
Arts Uni Bournemouth
Bangor
Bath
Bath Spa
Bedfordshire
Birmingham
Birmingham City
University College Birmingham
Bolton
Bournemouth
Bradford College
Bradford
Brighton
Bristol
Brunel
Buckingham
Bucks new
Canterbury Christ Church
Cardiff
Cardiff Met
UCLan
Chester
Coventry
UCA
Cumbria
De Montfort
Edge Hill
Exeter
Falmouth
Goldsmiths, London
Gloucestershire
Hertfordshire
Huddersfield
Kent
Kingston
KCL
Leeds
Leeds Arts
Leeds Beckett
Leeds Trinity
Lincoln
Liverpool
Liverpool John Moores
London Met
Manchester
MMU
Marjon
Newcastle
Newman
Nottingham Trent
Oxford Brookes
Plymouth
Plymouth College of Art
Portsmouth
Queen's Belfast
Queen Mary
Ravensbourne
Royal Holloway
St Mary's Twickenham
Salford
Sheffield
Sheffield Hallam
University Centre Shrewsbury
Solent
Southampton
South Bank
South Wales
Staffordshire
Sussex
Swansea
Teesside
Trinity Saint David
Warwick
West London
Westminster
Wolverhampton
Worcester
York

-----------------------------------------
Universities not in Clearing

Cambridge No adjustment or clearing spaces - they're running a special adjustment scheme for rejected applicants meeting certain criteria - you will have been contacted if eligible.
LSE (from 2017 awaiting update for 2018)
Imperial No clearing or adjustment
Oxford Also not in adjustment
UCL No statement yet - occasionally limited adjustment places.
St Andrews
--------------------------------------------------------
Universities to treat with caution in Clearing
Durham: they messed clearing applicants around holding on to applicants for weeks before rejecting many of them (after all other clearing places were gone). Unless they can give you SOLID reassurance that they will accept you through clearing I would recommend avoiding them completely. They've also gone from saying "No Vacancies" to "Limited Early Clearing Vacancies" over the last month so it doesn't seem like they're well organised this year!
Private universities/private colleges: these universities may well make you ineligible for student loans or may charge fees in excess of the amount of loan you can get to cover tuition fees. If they offer the course you want in the environment you want the go for it - but be sure to check the small print on their fees and funding before you commit to a place.

With any university it's important to ask for and take note of names and job titles of anyone you speak to and ask them to confirm anything promised in writing.
--------------------------------------------------------
quick guide to Clearing

Spoiler

If you spot any lists of courses in Clearing then please link them below and I'll add them to the list.

Likewise if you come across a website of a university stating explicitly that they will not have vacancies in clearing/adjustment then link that too.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Legendary post
Yell if you spot any listings (I'm going hardline this year - enquiry forms don't count I want a list of courses!). Obviously vacancies will also be on UCAS but often university pages will specify the clearing entry requirements where they're lower than normal.
Royal Holloway missing?
Original post by ThatJosh
Royal Holloway missing?

Can you link me to their Clearing course listing on their website?
Bumping

Has anyone spotted any new course listings on university websites?
Hey @PQ,

Don't forget about us! You can find our list of courses in Clearing here, along with loads more info about guaranteed accommodation for Clearing applicants and cash bursary for all UK students.

Thanks,

Millie
Clearing Team
Original post by Plymouth College Of Art
Hey @PQ,

Don't forget about us! You can find our list of courses in Clearing here, along with loads more info about guaranteed accommodation for Clearing applicants and cash bursary for all UK students.

Thanks,

Millie
Clearing Team

Added
:party:
@PQ

I've found this for Harper Adams, but not sure actual courses are listed? https://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/apply/clearing/applying.cfm :holmes:

Interesting - changing their tune after a couple of weeks doesn't bode well. As there's no listing of courses (other than UCAS) then I'm not adding their link but I'll take them out of the "not in Clearing" list.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
@PQ

I've found this for Harper Adams, but not sure actual courses are listed? https://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/apply/clearing/applying.cfm :holmes:

:s-smilie: It's a bit vague.
My suspicion would be that Clearing applications would be welcomed at Harper Adams for all and every undergrad course. The page you linked to doesn't suggest otherwise. There is a search box on this page - www.harper-adams.ac.uk/courses/ - which allows potential applicants to check that the course is still open for 2019 applicants.

It does say that they would prefer applicants to meet their standard admissions grades, but also "we are willing to consider applicants who are a 'near-miss', particularly if they have relevant work experience or other attributes."
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
@PQ

@PQ
(edited 4 years ago)
What about kings college London?
Original post by Annonymous0932
What about kings college London?

Can you find a clearing list on their website?
Original post by PQ
Can you find a clearing list on their website?

Ive found this but it’s clearing and adjustment https://www.kcl.ac.uk/clearing/available-courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending