The Student Room Group

Cabinet reshuffle live!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SarcAndSpark
Apart from anything else, there's two people in the new cabinet who've been forced to resign due to major **** ups. I'm no fan of labour, but I'd say that statement is pushing it.

This is a No-Deal cabinet, and no deal will absolutely **** up the country.

At least this cabinet is one which supports Brexit and doesn't want to just keep on extending it and straining the people's belief in democracy.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
IN
Robert Jenrick (Housing Secretary, Newark)

That's a big promotion!
Never actually heard quite a few of these names before.
UNMOVED
Amber Rudd (Work and Pensions Secretary, Hastings and Rye)

Original post by Satyr
At least this cabinet is one which supports Brexit and doesn't want to just keep on extending it and straining the people's belief in democracy.

Well, let's see what they actually manage to achieve.

Given that the majority of parliament (our elective representatives, after all) don't seem to support them, it'll be interesting to see what they can get done.

Do you really think crashing out on 31st October is in the country's best interests?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
That's a big promotion!

I know nothing about him tbqh...
I know nothing about him tbqh...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jenrick

His political CV is slim to say the least! Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury is his current job.
IN
Robert Buckland (Justice Secretary, Swindon South)

IN
Alok Sharma (International Development Secretary, Reading West)

IN
Grant Shapps (Transport Secretary, Welwyn Hatfield)

UNMOVED
Alun Cairns (Wales Secretary, Vale of Glamorgan)

MOVED
Julian Smith (Northern Ireland Secretary from Chief Whip, Skipton and Ripon)

IN
Alister Jack (Scotland Secretary, Dumfries and Galloway)

IN
Grant Shapps (Transport Secretary, Welwyn Hatfield)

Was he the one with some controversy about his business dealings under a pseudonym?

He's also a cousin of a member of The Clash!

Well as MP for Welwyn Garden City, at least his constituents will have told him how bad Great Northern's trains are!
(edited 4 years ago)
UNMOVED
Larry (Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office)

fofofo.jpg
Fair play if I wanted to create a cabinet in order to create as much rage as possible in guardian readers I wouldn’t have done much better that this.

If I was a Tory this would be a great cabinet. If anything will stop the Brexit party this’ll do it but we’ll have to wait for October.

Surely this will lead to a general election? V interesting times we live in
UNMOVED
Natalie Evans (Leader of the Lords)

UNMOVED
Geoffrey Cox (Attorney General, Torridge and West Devon)

Original post by barnetlad
So now Chris Grayling has gone, who is in the running to be the second worst government minister of all time?

A much contested position. I think Grayling has nailed the worst title for some time to come.
Original post by Alt Tankie
Fair play if I wanted to create a cabinet in order to create as much rage as possible in guardian readers I wouldn’t have done much better that this.

If I was a Tory this would be a great cabinet. If anything will stop the Brexit party this’ll do it but we’ll have to wait for October.

Surely this will lead to a general election? V interesting times we live in

It doesn't matter how Brextremist the cabinet is. They will come up against the immovable facts on the ground, which is either that we have to stay at minimum in the customs union, or else collapse a substantial portion of the economy for some time to come. If they're going to do the latter, presumably they would at least prefer to have Farage to blame it on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending