The Student Room Group

children's YouTube channel accused of racism "

CHILDREN'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL ACCUSED OF RACISM AFTER CARTOON TURNS BLACK WHEN SHE 'LOSES HER BEAUTY'
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/youtube-channel-my-pingu-tv-racism-dina-and-the-prince-story-a9018021.html

that is psychologically damaging to black kids. I can just imagine my 6 year old self watching that and feeling like some ugly curse afterwards.

or am I overreacting?

Scroll to see replies

wow
Reply 2
You’re not overreacting, that’s horrible
Pathetic.
hahaa yeah I saw this
It's absolutely disgusting
Original post by Megxn0
You’re not overreacting, that’s horrible

I'm not one to get offended at racist stuff like jokes and things like that usually. but this one didn't sit well with me.
Original post by xxlaila03xx
hahaa yeah I saw this
It's absolutely disgusting

glad I never saw anything like this as a child 👍
it's like the ad with the black guy in the washing machine :s-smilie:
ngl though
YouTube for kids is a strange place, not surprised **** like that happened in it
It really does damage them, we are very lucky we didn't see any of this nonsense, we really are
Original post by Leviathan1611
glad I never saw anything like this as a child 👍
Original post by eutrophication1
it's like the ad with the black guy in the washing machine :s-smilie:

oh yeah I remember hearing about that. but I think this one actually offends me because it's directed at children whereas the adverts are directed at adults.
oh yeah I remember hearing about that. but I think this one actually offends me because it's directed at children whereas the adverts are directed at adults.

it really is disgusting
at least it's not on tv and the youtube channel can be reported. people that make these cartoons know full well the meaning behind stuff smh
Original post by xxlaila03xx
ngl though
YouTube for kids is a strange place, not surprised **** like that happened in it
It really does damage them, we are very lucky we didn't see any of this nonsense, we really are

never been on YouTube for kids, seemed creepy anyway

when I have kids, they'll read books
Reply 12
CHILDREN'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL ACCUSED OF RACISM AFTER CARTOON TURNS BLACK WHEN SHE 'LOSES HER BEAUTY'
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/youtube-channel-my-pingu-tv-racism-dina-and-the-prince-story-a9018021.html

that is psychologically damaging to black kids. I can just imagine my 6 year old self watching that and feeling like some ugly curse afterwards.

or am I overreacting?

I clicked on that link fully expecting it to be something that had been blown out of proportion..... but actually that's really bad and highly irresponsible. Not sure what the creators where thinking with that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Oh dear
I expected to come here thinking this would be something ridiculous but it’s actually really bad, I can imagine it being pretty damaging to young black girls
That's awful
Original post by Underscore__
I expected to come here thinking this would be something ridiculous but it’s actually really bad, I can imagine it being pretty damaging to young black girls

same here, I thought they were just exaggerating.
I think that people are over reacting to it to be honest. It is just a cartoon and the majority of kids stuff now a days is quite poor quality. It highlights certain issues over body confidence which happens to everyone and people are too focused on one aspect which they get fake offended for a number of reasons in this instance
Original post by scorpion95
I think that people are over reacting to it to be honest. It is just a cartoon and the majority of kids stuff now a days is quite poor quality. It highlights certain issues over body confidence which happens to everyone and people are too focused on one aspect which they get fake offended for a number of reasons in this instance

thanks for your post🙂

would you think the same way if the races were reversed?
(edited 4 years ago)
did they not think about how this would be viewed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending