The Student Room Group

Detective Constable, DAY 2 Assessment. How can I prepare? What to expect?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I live in Bromley as well. You will spend only three days at Hendon and then will be coming to Marlowe House in Sidcup. You won't get the free travel until you get your warrant card which will be after you pass the OST exam. So, you need to spend your own money until then, I am afraid. Additionally, you don't get free travel on Southeastern or Thameslink just so you know.
Original post by karolinaz96
I believe is colindale and traveling from Bromley. Allocated to Central South
Reply 61
Do you know if all TDC are being trained at Sidcup, or is it split by bcu/home location?
Reply 62
It depends on the BCU. I thought carolinaz96 said South, but I now realised it's Central South. It is still likely to be Sidcup. BCUs in the north will go to Hendon.
Original post by Eposdog
Do you know if all TDC are being trained at Sidcup, or is it split by bcu/home location?
Thank you for your reply! Im guessing you are either through or already working as a DC so congratulations! Hows the exams?
Original post by Lylee
It depends on the BCU. I thought carolinaz96 said South, but I now realised it's Central South. It is still likely to be Sidcup. BCUs in the north will go to Hendon.
Hey Karolina I had my day 3 but how long did it take for you to receive the results? As the lady said a week maybe two. She said it would be much quicker than the day one results.
Hi, I will soon go for my DAY 2, Detective Constable Assessment. I know i have to undertake a
- Written in-tray exercise
-a stakeholder briefing and a Competency interview.
How can i prepare? Can anyone guide me, give me some advice and motivation? I am really nervous.
Original post by Miriambel
Hey Karolina I had my day 3 but how long did it take for you to receive the results? As the lady said a week maybe two. She said it would be much quicker than the day one results.

Hi! I got my result the next day so cant really say but i know they have lots on their hands now so thats why theres a delay !
Oh wow that’s so quick the next day?? And I had mine today so it could possibly be as quick as tomorrow?! Oh man that would be great if and hopefully it’s a good result
Hi! I got my result the next day so cant really say but i know they have lots on their hands now so thats why theres a delay !
Mine took about two weeks to come through. So anything from one day to two weeks is possible.

[QUOTEa]Oh wow that’s so quick the next day?? And I had mine today so it could possibly be as quick as tomorrow?! Oh man that would be great if and hopefully it’s a good result
(edited 4 years ago)
Damn the lady at the assessment said 1 week or maybe by 2 and the met phone centre said 3-4 I’m like lol wtf?
Original post by cyclomania
Mine took about two weeks to come through. So anything from one day to two weeks is possible.

[QUOTEa]Oh wow that’s so quick the next day?? And I had mine today so it could possibly be as quick as tomorrow?! Oh man that would be great if and hopefully it’s a good result

If there is one thing where recruitment is consistent is that the info you'll get will be very inconsistent. It's always worth calling after a week and then two weeks to check for the results. Sometimes they take some time to send the emails out but have the results already.
Damn the lady at the assessment said 1 week or maybe by 2 and the met phone centre said 3-4 I’m like lol wtf?
I know I’ve notice this as well there was a lot of inconsistency with regards to the day three but I didn’t know they could have the results and not say anything
If there is one thing where recruitment is consistent is that the info you'll get will be very inconsistent. It's always worth calling after a week and then two weeks to check for the results. Sometimes they take some time to send the emails out but have the results already.
Yeah i think it depends.. but tbh dont get your hopes up for a quick reply because a lot of people have been complaining about the Met taking too long. Give it a week and keep calling :smile:

So I got my results for day 3 guys and it’s all been successful but they don’t know when they will offer me a start date because it’s been so full, karolina how far was it from the email to an actual start date
Congrats on passing!

That's the problem we're all having. I've been told for month there aren't spaces and they won't progress my application. Then I got a start date offered last week for November. Generally, the only chance to get a start date this year is if your vetting has been sent which annoyingly can take months. I know of people who passed day 3 in May/June and their vetting still hasn't been sent.

Best thing you can do is calling them regularly to make sure your vetting gets sent off. And I would recommend to keep calling even if they say vetting has been sent - I was told three times and in fact it hadn't been sent.

I hope you will get a space this year or next year but apparently it's not confirmed yet whether they will have spaces next year. I keep my fingers crossed for you!
Original post by Maryambel
So I got my results for day 3 guys and it’s all been successful but they don’t know when they will offer me a start date because it’s been so full, karolina how far was it from the email to an actual start date
Thank you so much they got back to me quite quickly but have said there are about a dozen of candidates left like me that have passed day 3 but no vetting being sent off yet because they’re full and congratsssss ok you too! When did you start the process and how long before your day 3 results did you receive a start date??
Congrats on passing!

That's the problem we're all having. I've been told for month there aren't spaces and they won't progress my application. Then I got a start date offered last week for November. Generally, the only chance to get a start date this year is if your vetting has been sent which annoyingly can take months. I know of people who passed day 3 in May/June and their vetting still hasn't been sent.

Best thing you can do is calling them regularly to make sure your vetting gets sent off. And I would recommend to keep calling even if they say vetting has been sent - I was told three times and in fact it hadn't been sent.

I hope you will get a space this year or next year but apparently it's not confirmed yet whether they will have spaces next year. I keep my fingers crossed for you!
I applied in late December. Day 1 in March, day 2 in May and day 3 in very early June. Got my day 3 results after about two weeks in mid June. Then it took another month for vetting to be sent off. Just under a week after they sent the vetting I was offered a start date for late November. So all in all, if all goes well with the vetting and I can start, the whole process took 11 months.
Thank you so much they got back to me quite quickly but have said there are about a dozen of candidates left like me that have passed day 3 but no vetting being sent off yet because they’re full and congratsssss ok you too! When did you start the process and how long before your day 3 results did you receive a start date??
A LOOONG time, i dont think they start vetting until u actually pass day 3. So it took about 2 months for me. Its the most annoying process because you feel like you’re through, donr e and dusted but it still takes a long time..
Reply 77
I applied November, Day 1 in January, Day 2 in April, Day 3 in May. And I have not been offered a date and dont really know how they are being allocated.

Not sure what they mean by there are 12 in the same position as you, I would imagine there are a lot of people who dont have dates yet. But we've been told for a long time there are no spaces left and now candidates have been given dates for November.

Its variable as to when vetting is supposed to be sent off, it changes. Mine should have gone off after day 2.
I think technically it's supposed to go after day 2 and I was told it had but it took another two months for it to actually being sent.

There is a lot of randomness involved and I also think there are more like several dozens of people waiting for places with more to come as assessments are still underway.

All you can do is keep calling them and hope for the best. I still hope that you guys get a space too!
Original post by Eposdog
I applied November, Day 1 in January, Day 2 in April, Day 3 in May. And I have not been offered a date and dont really know how they are being allocated.

Not sure what they mean by there are 12 in the same position as you, I would imagine there are a lot of people who dont have dates yet. But we've been told for a long time there are no spaces left and now candidates have been given dates for November.

Its variable as to when vetting is supposed to be sent off, it changes. Mine should have gone off after day 2.
Reply 79
Where did you find the online tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending