The Student Room Group

Confused about my career

So I'm going into Year 12 this sept and I'm doing IB. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I am an all grade 8/9 (A*) student which is why I'm struggling to see where my strengths are. I was keen on medicine but I've realised I do not want to spend that long learning, so I thought finance management/ business management/ administration etc... my maths is good but I don't really enjoy it, so I'm unwillingly taking HL maths but to do something like business or finance the top unis want economics and business with maths but I'm not doing any because I didn't do them in GCSEs which was an option at my school so I regret not doing them at gcse. I'll be too behind i I take them now at HL. Can I pursue finance/BM with just HL maths say i I want to get into LSE/oxbridge/Imperial ?? Please help x Any other uni courses that are 3-5 years that I can do with HL maths, HL eng lit, HL geog SL spanish, SL bio SL chem??
Original post by hehe_x
So I'm going into Year 12 this sept and I'm doing IB. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I am an all grade 8/9 (A*) student which is why I'm struggling to see where my strengths are. I was keen on medicine but I've realised I do not want to spend that long learning, so I thought finance management/ business management/ administration etc... my maths is good but I don't really enjoy it, so I'm unwillingly taking HL maths but to do something like business or finance the top unis want economics and business with maths but I'm not doing any because I didn't do them in GCSEs which was an option at my school so I regret not doing them at gcse. I'll be too behind i I take them now at HL. Can I pursue finance/BM with just HL maths say i I want to get into LSE/oxbridge/Imperial ?? Please help x Any other uni courses that are 3-5 years that I can do with HL maths, HL eng lit, HL geog SL spanish, SL bio SL chem??

You can go for Psychology....
If you have interest..
I don't see where the problem lies. You should be fine?
Reply 3
Do I not need economics/business IB as well as HL maths? I don't know whether they'll accept just HL maths
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I don't see where the problem lies. You should be fine?
Original post by hehe_x
Do I not need economics/business IB as well as HL maths? I don't know whether they'll accept just HL maths

they should accept it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending