The Student Room Group

japanese universities

i am looking at studying in japan for uni but the one i am looking at right now cost over £80000 and was wondering how you would go about funding it or if there were any other universities i should look at
Reply 1
How about Chinese university?
Chinese university cost much cheaper than Japanese.
By the way, are you boy or girl? (seems Japanese don't respect females as much as Chinese)
Female but most on there inequality is for Japanese women instead of people from abroad. I also really do have my heart set on japan as my place of study but good suggestion I know there are other options as generally you can find courses for 3000 a year
Original post by rjckk
How about Chinese university?
Chinese university cost much cheaper than Japanese.
By the way, are you boy or girl? (seems Japanese don't respect females as much as Chinese)
Original post by crimsonrose3205
i am looking at studying in japan for uni but the one i am looking at right now cost over £80000 and was wondering how you would go about funding it or if there were any other universities i should look at

I would imagine that the best way to afford studying there is to apply for Japanese universities' international scholarships, if they offer any.
i have seen a few things like that but i don't think i am smart enough to get one
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I would imagine that the best way to afford studying there is to apply for Japanese universities' international scholarships, if they offer any.
i have seen a few things like that but i don't think i am smart enough to get one

If you don't meet the requirements for scholarships, then your only other option is to work and save up, although it may take you years to do so. You could consider UK universities that offer a year abroad in Japan or similar.
thats a good idea i might have to that but i kinda have my heart set on japan
If you don't meet the requirements for scholarships, then your only other option is to work and save up, although it may take you years to do so. You could consider UK universities that offer a year abroad in Japan or similar.
thats a good idea i might have to that but i kinda have my heart set on japan

I think you need to be realistic about where you want to study; you've already said that you probably won't be awarded any scholarships and can't afford to self-fund, so that's that really. The best you can do at the moment is look at courses that offer study abroad opportunities (SOAS for example). If you do well in your undergrad, you could always look into doing a master's degree in Japan.
(edited 4 years ago)
I think you need to be realistic about where you want to study; you've always said that you probably won't be awarded any scholarships and can't afford to self-fund, so that's that really. The best you can do at the moment is look at courses that offer study abroad opportunities (SOAS for example). If you do well in your undergrad, you could always look into doing a master's degree in Japan.

This is good advice.

The most notable scholarships for Japan are JASSO, MEXT and Daiwa.

I believe MEXT would cover an entire degree but you usually have to apply a year in advance. It's a very long process (as with any Japanese bureaucratic procedure).

I might recommend that you study in the UK (assuming you're from the UK) and then try to go to Japan for a year abroad. You could also always study in Japan for postgraduate studies.
i do understand that but my heart is set on japan i might just try and find a cheaper university as i heard you can go for £3000 a year if you have any idea of other uni i would be more than grateful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending