The Student Room Group

if I go to a car showroom and ask to test drive a lambo can they refuse?

Or even a ferrari, I am wondering if they can say no? I obviously won't be buying it I just want to have a spin in one. I'll probs lead them on then once I've driven all the cars, I'll tell them "I'll think about it"
I hope they would refuse. For the sake of road safety. I would hope that they would want to know if you have driven a performance car before.

Sorry to read that you feel inadequate about your body that you want to pollute the planet in such a vehicle.
Nope, no, definitely not.
Reply 3
This is a completely new idea and nobody will have ever tried this before!!!!1

Obviously yes, of course they'll refuse.
Reply 4
Original post by barnetlad
I hope they would refuse. For the sake of road safety. I would hope that they would want to know if you have driven a performance car before.

Sorry to read that you feel inadequate about your body that you want to pollute the planet in such a vehicle.

LOL you are hilarious, I have a driving license not like I've not driven a car before. You don't need a special license to drive a ferrari.. **** the planet, you are just mad because you're a cyclest.
Yes they would.
Normally they'd tell you to sit alongside a professional drivers/a member of their team instead.
Nice try though :tongue:
Reply 6
Why though? So you're saying they don't let people test drive it and only sit as a passenger?
Original post by J0n3zviper
Why though? So you're saying they don't let people test drive it and only sit as a passenger?

Why - because it's a very expensive car you and need to have some sort of expertise in driving it.

Some don't even let you sit as passenger.

If they did allow you to it would be under very strict circumstances and they'd have to have some sort of indication that you're actually serious in buying it and not just wasting their time or getting a free lambo day experience.

Otherwise anyone can ask for a ride and claim they want to buy it but actually don't - it's not worth it for them.

It's different for celebrities or millionaires though of course. :tongue:

:smile:
Reply 8
Or even a ferrari, I am wondering if they can say no? I obviously won't be buying it I just want to have a spin in one. I'll probs lead them on then once I've driven all the cars, I'll tell them "I'll think about it"

Yes, and they will refuse you.

No Lambo or Ferrari dealership will let you test drive without proof of funds or a deposit.

Stop with the ridiculous threads.
Reply 9
Well the plan was to walk in like I was rich, probs get some of my mates to stage something like running up and asking for my autograph
Well the plan was to walk in like I was rich, probs get some of my mates to stage something like running up and asking for my autograph

Are you actually 12?
I bet you any money it would work though and I'd get to drive any car I want. Probs give me a car for free as long as I promised to tweet about them.
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski
Are you actually 12?

Just another TSR troll
I bet you any money it would work though and I'd get to drive any car I want. Probs give me a car for free as long as I promised to tweet about them.

Okay David Beckham :colonhash:

And what are you going to do when they kick your annoying a** out of the store or even better ask to see your Twitter account (which has all of 10 followers ) ?

Spoiler

LOL you are hilarious, I have a driving license not like I've not driven a car before. You don't need a special license to drive a ferrari.. **** the planet, you are just mad because you're a cyclest.

licence*
You have to prove you have the funds to purchase the car before you can test drive it. I know from experience my dad owns a Maserati.

Instead of asking us here on this forum, go ahead and try it and then please report back here how you got on.
No, you can't, you need proof of funds, or ability to finance. You also can't test drive an 812 or a GTC4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending