The Student Room Group

twins die after 'dad forgot them' in hot car.

Sky News: 11-month-old twins die after 'dad forgot them' in hot car.
https://news.sky.com/story/11-month-old-twins-die-after-being-left-in-car-as-dad-forgot-them-11771440

How do you forget your own baby?😕

Scroll to see replies

People forget stuff all the time, not sure what will happen legally in this case. (Ok, the guy is going away for a long time)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by random_matt
People forget stuff all the time, not sure what will happen legally in this case.

but it's a baby, wouldn't you take more care handling a baby than say, your phone?

the father was arrested for manslaughter and negligence.
Stuff???:s-smilie:
Original post by random_matt
People forget stuff all the time, not sure what will happen legally in this case. (Ok, the guy is going away for a long time)
I was very worried that something like this was going to happen. My son is dog sitting for the next fortnight, and I told him not to leave the dog in the car. I was paranoid about this happening when my kids were young and so would take them out of the car, even if it meant a bit of inconvenience for me.
Original post by Leviathan1611
Sky News: 11-month-old twins die after 'dad forgot them' in hot car.
https://news.sky.com/story/11-month-old-twins-die-after-being-left-in-car-as-dad-forgot-them-11771440

How do you forget your own baby?😕
Original post by Oxford Mum
Stuff???:s-smilie:

am I correct to assume you're a parent?

have you ever forgotten your baby in the car?
That's ****ed up
Wow, no paternal instinct whatsoever.

RIP the twins :frown:
Original post by xxlaila03xx
That's ****ed up

if I ever have kids, I'll make sure to write a note on my window reminding me to check if my kids are in the car. don't think I could ever forgive myself if my own child died like that.
Why would you bring your kids to work in the first place though?
if I ever have kids, I'll make sure to write a note on my window reminding me to check if my kids are in the car. don't think I could ever forgive myself if my own child died like that.
You had one about rape of a child by a step-father with the mother's knowledge.

Now one about forgetful parents leaving twins to die in a car.

You are oddly obsessed with sharing depressing stories.
oh just in any situation, not just going to work (don't think I'd be working anyway if I have kids)

I think what happened was that the father was supposed to take the twins to daycare or something and then go to work, but since it wasn't his usual routine, he forgot the kids were in the car with him and went straight to work. that's just my theory though.
How could you forget them?
Original post by Notoriety

I didn't share the story of a child being raped by their step-father. I don't even like having to read or hear about stories of kids getting molested.

I shared this one since I thought it would be a beneficial discussion. such as, is it the parents fault, what can people do to prevent it. things like that.
Nothing in this story makes much sense otherwise; where was the mother? Why wasn't she asking about them? I don't really understand how you could get out the car and not be reminded you have two small children in the back?

This is just too weird; I think it was homicide deliberate
oh just in any situation, not just going to work (don't think I'd be working anyway if I have kids)

I think what happened was that the father was supposed to take the twins to daycare or something and then go to work, but since it wasn't his usual routine, he forgot the kids were in the car with him and went straight to work. that's just my theory though.
Original post by xxlaila03xx
How could you forget them?

I don't know. I'm not a parent myself so I don't understand how you could forget your child.but I don't want to risk it
I didn't share the story of a child being raped by their step-father. I don't even like having to read or hear about stories of kids getting molested.

I shared this one since I thought it would be a beneficial discussion. such as, is it the parents fault, what can people do to prevent it. things like that.

Oh, thought it was. The toy boy one?

I just don't get the point of sharing depressing stuff like this; net negative in my eyes.
the father has two older kids, maybe mother was busy with them.

or the mother was ill and therefore bedridden.
Original post by Notoriety

It's not "obsession". It's that the world itself is a depressing place, mate.
How awful, the poor babies.

Parent's leaving their baby behind or forgetting about their small child, it happens more often than people like to discuss.
Particularly when the supervising parent is sleep deprived, under a lot of pressure or older.
My mother told me she did this sort of thing at least four times when I was a baby and I remember my father leaving me behind twice as an under 5.
My first boyfriend got locked in a funeral home overnight was he was 6, he was absolutely terrified and still won't go anywhere near a funeral or undertakers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending