The Student Room Group

POLICE APPEAL: Man randomly attacked by gang in London

City of London Police released the footage which captures the 29-year-old victim walking back from his friend's wedding along the historic bridge from the south side before being approached by the throng of men walking from the opposite direction. As the group pass by, one of them punched the man in the back of the head. As he falls to the ground, the 'cowardly' group swarm on him, landing several hard kicks to his head. Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the attack, on May 31 at around 10pm, to contact them. The men were Asian, aged in their mid/late teens to early 20s and spoke with local east London accents. They were wearing hoodies, jackets and tracksuit bottoms and two were also riding on TfL hired bikes. Pc Oliver Gent from the City of London police said: "A group of young men carried out a vicious, cowardly and unprovoked attack on a lone male minding his own business. "The victim suffered several blows to the head and body and was lucky to walk away with only cuts and bruises. "It is paramount that we catch those responsible as the group's next victim might end up with very serious injuries.

Scroll to see replies

London is such a toilet. i have no intention of going back there again.

smh
Original post by Swinestein
Thats why Whites left London and why segregation and borders are a positive thing to protect communities

Haven’t you forgotten whites are still in London? You are aware this type of incident happens all over the country even in the north.
Get them all out
Original post by Swinestein
Thats why Whites left London and why segregation and borders are a positive thing to protect communities

Lol I actually see more white people in London than any other race. I being one of them.
Reply 5
Original post by Professional G
Haven’t you forgotten whites are still in London? You are aware this type of incident happens all over the country even in the north.

Goes way back... blind eyes turned since the '70's and before. Only CCTV and social media bring it to public attention now.
This was targeted imo, or at least provoked. The victim was returning from a wedding so his approximate location was probably known to his attackers. Doesn't change the fact that those gang of boys lack an ounce of manliness and are the scum of society.

Being Asian and having lived in East London all my life, trust me when I say this area has become a complete **** hole. Unless you are somewhat physically intimidating or have street cred, you're an easy target. Everyone's miserable and it's rare to see any white British people around who are not chavs. They've all been chased off by the few baboons among us ethnic minorities. Ofc there are gems like in all places, but it's simply a bad idea to start a family here.
Reply 7
Original post by EmperorNino
This was targeted imo, or at least provoked. The victim was returning from a wedding so his approximate location was probably known to his attackers. Doesn't change the fact that those gang of boys lack an ounce of manliness and are the scum of society.

Being Asian and having lived in East London all my life, trust me when I say this area has become a complete **** hole. Unless you are somewhat physically intimidating or have street cred, you're an easy target. Everyone's miserable and it's rare to see any white British people around who are not chavs. They've all been chased off by the few baboons among us ethnic minorities. Ofc there are gems like in all places, but it's simply a bad idea to start a family here.

So sad to see the state of London. It's finished.
Reply 9
Original post by Palmyra

There is simply no way i'll ever send my kids to school there. No way. University? I'll pay the extra to get them close to central , near campus, away from the war zones.
Original post by Tawheed

Seen it all mate, almost nothing surprises me anymore. East London is rife with jealousy, grudges and 'bad boys' from council families trying to be the next Al Capone. This area is finished.
Original post by Tawheed
There is simply no way i'll ever send my kids to school there. No way. University? I'll pay the extra to get them close to central , near campus, away from the war zones.

Just the other day we saw Ozil and Kolasinac have to fight off armed moped robber thugs.

Scary times for London and for England. Have to think that we might have crossed the point of no return with London.
Reply 12
Seen it all mate, almost nothing surprises me anymore. East London is rife with jealousy, grudges and 'bad boys' from council families trying to be the next Al Capone. This area is finished.

Is it true that these gangs bully and beat guys at school, and standing up to a bully can mean you get severely maimed, your house windows broken, your family terrorised etc?

I hear stories of how they attack couples, and force the guy to fight and be brutally beaten, or go having seen his wife or girlfriend humiliated.
Reply 13
Original post by Palmyra
Just the other day we saw Ozil and Kolasinac have to fight off armed moped robber thugs.

Scary times for London and for England. Have to think that we might have crossed the point of no return with London.

I saw that, Kolasinac could have been killed charging them. Moped thieves are getting very common here, and if you have your phone out, it's one quick drive, swoop or punch to the back of the head, and they are off. If you manage to stop them, i hear they are armed and you might lose your life.

I know of a couple who moved in to South London with some family. They were warned not to walk a certain road near the estate, because gangs have been known to stop the couple, humiliate the woman and force the guy to fight and be beaten to a pulp, or leave having his woman humiliated. Can't confirm , but these are things you just hear and are widespread.

Yeah I am pretty desensitised to it all now. Especialy since I live in a notorious part of South London and you see this stuff happening often.
One shotgun shot and I’m pretty sure they’d all run away like the cowardly scum they are
Original post by Tawheed
Reply 16
Original post by Tawheed

where's the racism?

it looks like the main people involved were black

and how did "batty bwoy rasta" go from sporting a knife to being on the floor with a woman ontop of him and another dude kicking his head like a rugby penalty?

camera man missed a key chunk there
Reply 17
Original post by ANM775
where's the racism?

it looks like the main people involved were black

and how did "batty bwoy rasta" go from sporting a knife to being on the floor with a woman ontop of him and another dude kicking his head like a rugby penalty?

camera man missed a key chunk there

Original post by Tawheed
Is it true that these gangs bully and beat guys at school, and standing up to a bully can mean you get severely maimed, your house windows broken, your family terrorised etc?

I hear stories of how they attack couples, and force the guy to fight and be brutally beaten, or go having seen his wife or girlfriend humiliated.

Yes, this partially happened to me in secondary school. Trouble was even brought to my door. I didn't get jumped (thankfully) but I very easily could have. I've seen far worse, and those things you mentioned certainly do happen.

As for your second point, I haven't seen this in person. However, if you're in a gang-infested area walking around with a pretty gf, I would certainly expect rude comments and even physical confrontation from the crazier ones. Like I said, jealousy is rife here and you'll certainly be in the spotlight if you were passing through with a nice car, pretty gf or a shiny watch.
Original post by Palmyra

London is far from finished.
There are always a few very bad apples in every group and community; London and elsewhere in Britain.

There is a nationwide law enforcement problem with how the criminal justice system deals with antisocial behaviour, hooliganism, habitual criminals and the most horrifying of offenders.
The criminal justice system & sentencing policies need to be re-calibrated to ensure the effective punishment of dangerous offenders, a clear commitment to making public safety a priority and adequately supporting the victims of crime/bereaved relatives of deceased victims.

I'm a lifelong Londoner, over the last six years I have rented all over London.
I live alone, usually start work before 4am and often come home after 11pm.
I have only experienced one significant issue with safety and mass antisocial behaviour.
When I was living in Shadwell for six months as an undergrad, criminality was literally on my doorstep.
High on illegal narcotics and confusing my letterbox with a public toilet- the police right behind him.

Latest