The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by EmperorNino
Yes, this partially happened to me in secondary school. Trouble was even brought to my door. I didn't get jumped (thankfully) but I very easily could have. I've seen far worse, and those things you mentioned certainly do happen.

As for your second point, I haven't seen this in person. However, if you're in a gang-infested area walking around with a pretty gf, I would certainly expect rude comments and even physical confrontation from the crazier ones. Like I said, jealousy is rife here and you'll certainly be in the spotlight if you were passing through with a nice car, pretty gf or a shiny watch.

Wasn't in London for secondary school, but stood up to a bully in a hood school (white-hood and i was a non-white), and he attacked me and i knew i could get the upper hand, but i held back because i knew if i had won, he would have had his gangs descending on me and my family, and i'm not sure what the police could have done. I was actually beaten by dozens, who took my things, threw them everywhere, but nothing more came of it and they stopped. Even at the tender age of eleven, i knew how vicious these people can be. You probably escaped potentially serious injury or broken limbs.

Jealousy definitely appears to be rife, and these people literally do not care about the law. It's a jungle, and these gang members will do anything.
Original post by Tawheed

Why does that video describe two black women attacking a black man as "racist"?
It's not cowardly to run from a shotgun.
Original post by Tawheed
Wasn't in London for secondary school, but stood up to a bully in a hood school (white-hood and i was a non-white), and he attacked me and i knew i could get the upper hand, but i held back because i knew if i had won, he would have had his gangs descending on me and my family, and i'm not sure what the police could have done. I was actually beaten by dozens, who took my things, threw them everywhere, but nothing more came of it and they stopped. Even at the tender age of eleven, i knew how vicious these people can be. You probably escaped potentially serious injury or broken limbs.

Jealousy definitely appears to be rife, and these people literally do not care about the law. It's a jungle, and these gang members will do anything.

Very sorry you had to go through that. Bullies have no honour code whatsoever. Sounds like you made a wise choice. Remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and I hope you're in a better place buddy.
That’s correct, but it is cowardly to attack random people in huge gangs and trash their cars
Original post by AngeryPenguin
It's not cowardly to run from a shotgun.
Reply 25
Original post by Palmyra
Why does that video describe two black women attacking a black man as "racist"?

Unsure as to why, i'm also wondering the same
Reply 26
Reply 27
Original post by Tawheed

That was hardly a street fight!

Unpopular opinion: child benefit must be removed from the budget. If you can’t afford kids, don’t bloody have them. Exceptions for rape or if you subsequently fall into poverty.
Lol, what is this thread. Just posting random street fights?
Aha london is overrated and poor. I'm not in a gang or anything but I guarantee if I walk 10 miles on my own i will either be harassed, stopped by the police or assaulted or mugged
Are you black?
Original post by TheYearNiner
Aha london is overrated and poor. I'm not in a gang or anything but I guarantee if I walk 10 miles on my own i will either be harassed, stopped by the police or assaulted or mugged
Yes
Original post by Obolinda
Are you black?
Ah, then your ridiculous statement sounds slightly more believable
Yes
:u:
Original post by Obolinda
Ah, then your ridiculous statement sounds slightly more believable

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been stopped by the police in London. I think it might be 24.

Yet if you saw me you wouldn't even believe me if I told you that I have ever been stopped and searched before.

Just last week I got stopped by an officer for "looking the other way". Which baffled me. Is that even a stoppable offence?
(edited 4 years ago)
Crazy bro :eek: you should move out
Original post by Loosie goosie
I've lost count of the amount of times I've been stopped by the police in London. I think it might be 24.

Yet if you saw you me you wouldn't even believe me if I told you that I have ever been stopped and searched before.

Just last week I got stopped by an officer for "looking the other way". Which baffled me. Is that even a stoppable offence?
Crazy bro :eek: you should move out

I know right. Fortunately I have no criminal record. My mum even had to call the station once to complain that her son is not a threat to society.

I don't even dress or look like no hooligan. But it happens more times than I can remember.

Even boys who I have spoken to in notorious gangs raise their eyebrows in shock when I tell them I've been stopped more times than them and they look like your typical street thug. I do it to raise my street cred sometimes.

I love London though. I don't think I could live anywhere else.
Hope all goes well for you mate
Original post by Loosie goosie
I know right. Fortunately I have no criminal record. My mum even had to call the station once to complain that her son is not a threat to society.

I don't even dress or look like no hooligan. But it happens more times than I can remember.

Even boys who I have spoken to in notorious gangs raise their eyebrows in shock when I tell them I've been stopped more times than them and they look like your typical street thug. I do it to raise my street cred sometimes.

I love London though. I don't think I could live anywhere else.
Hope all goes well for you mate

Thank you very much. That's very kind of you to say.

Latest

Trending

Trending