The Student Room Group
University of London
London

University of London International Programmes - Official Q&A

Hello,

This is the University of London International Programmes official thread to ask any questions you may have about studying by distance and online learning with us.

We are here to help, so if you are thinking of studying with us or if you are a current student, feel free to ask your question and we will get back to you. :smile:

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sophie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,
I would like to study Economics and Finance (BSc), but I want to make sure with fees.
I mean you wrote that: "As a guide, the total amount you can expect to pay to the University for the whole programme of study is approximately £5,240 for the BSc degree through the Standard Route
(...)"
Is it really the total amount for the whole programme of study or the total amount per year of study?
Thank you,
Marta
(edited 6 years ago)
University of London
London
Hi Marta

The total amount of £5,240 is a guide to the whole amount of the degree programme on the Standard Entry route, but this is providing you finish within the minimum time frame (three years) and without having re-sit any examinations.

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Emma
I want to study Philosophy, possibly with computing or English as a minor. Would i be able to commence this september? I've successfully applied to student finance already so getting a part-time loan should be swift (i hope) i also noticed they have fee grants of up to £1,321 :O i thought there aren't grants anymore but they still give them for part-time study?...

My worry is my A level grades are too low, these are from several years ago and i only got CDDEcc, however i've completed one year of a biomedical science BSc with honors course (so a CertHE) if that helps.

Looking forward to your response, thank you.
Reply 4
I want to apply for BSc International Development distance learning degree. My IGCSE grades are 4A*s and 3As and my AS Level grades are 2Bs and 1C.
Will i be offered a place?
What percentage of students get a 2:1 Or 1st?
University of London International Programmes If one were to enroll privately for an undergraduate degree from UoL International Programme and wish to go for post graduation after completing it will I be able to procure letter of recommendation from the University of London?
Hi there.
I'm currently studying at the UoL IP (Law llb) and am considering either postgraduate study elsewhere or enrolling onto a BPTC course afterwards. I'm about to go into my final year and was wondering what I would do for letters of academic reference (which are required for the BPTC/masters courses). Are there any opportunities to be put into contact with an academic tutor of sorts, or mentor even, who would later be able to provide an accurate and tailored reference for future study? If it helps, I currently live in London.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 8
Original post by llbstulondon
Hi there.
I'm currently studying at the UoL IP (Law llb) and am considering either postgraduate study elsewhere or enrolling onto a BPTC course afterwards. I'm about to go into my final year and was wondering what I would do for letters of academic reference (which are required for the BPTC/masters courses). Are there any opportunities to be put into contact with an academic tutor of sorts, or mentor even, who would later be able to provide an accurate and tailored reference for future study? If it helps, I currently live in London.
Thanks in advance!

I am curious about this too. If we need recommendation letters, are we able to request from online tutors? (Unfortunately, I don't live in the UK). Thanks!
Reply 9
Hi, I would be interested to see pass rates for the individual courses - do you have any statistics? Additionally, in another thread, someone claimed exams are now held twice a year, is this correct? Many thanks.
Reply 10
Could you please advise on your fees refund?

I requested a refund almost 2 months ago now, which was immediately approved and a couple of modules taken off my student profile.
However, I have obtained no financial refund in my account. Every time I contact the university is either 1) no response 2) excuse 3) some timescale that does not get met.

So at the moment, I am receiving no academic provision for the £1.4k I paid towards these two modules. The university just seems very reluctant to release the funds via this bizarre delay tactic... The Consumer Act covers the refund, so my request is reasonable and within the bounds of the law.
Hi! I have applied to BSc Economics and Politics, and am curious about the exam dates. My understanding from your website is that even though the standard exam period is May, some modules have examination dates available throughout the year? Could you specify as to what modules that would apply to. TIA
Original post by stephhong
Hi! I have applied to BSc Economics and Politics, and am curious about the exam dates. My understanding from your website is that even though the standard exam period is May, some modules have examination dates available throughout the year? Could you specify as to what modules that would apply to. TIA

For BSc in EMFSS, all exams are in May. Some Masters may have exams in August or November
Does anyone have experience with the Data Science MSc?
I think Data Science is still new. I'm being bombarded with ads from many universities about it
Reply 15
I recently got a conditioner offer to study MSc Finance and Financial Law (Major: Law) Long-distance learning starting in October. I predicted to finish in 3-5 years.

Just here to see if anyone is doing the same course and how are you feeling?
@Lwib Hi, I am considering applying to UoL for BSc Computing but I'm still not sure since I prefer in person classes.

Btw after you got an offer did the uni ask you to pay a deposit or you can pay it later in September/October?
Reply 17
Hey, I agree with you I prefer in-person learning too, but I work full time that is why I have opted for long-distance.

They haven't asked me to pay a deposit, all they asked was proof of my results which I sent to them, I think payment will be in October when I start my course. But I will keep you updated if they ask for a deposit.
Original post by heidiheather
@Lwib Hi, I am considering applying to UoL for BSc Computing but I'm still not sure since I prefer in person classes.

Btw after you got an offer did the uni ask you to pay a deposit or you can pay it later in September/October?
Reply 18
hi

Will MSc certificate & transcript be identical to distance learning / on campus ???
Reply 19
Hi Sophie,I received an email regarding the emfss exam 2020 that says the assessment will be available for 24 hours to download and submit. So, once we open/download the document we have the time allocated for it i.e 3/4 hours or we can complete the task during those 24 hours? I work and would like to organise myself. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending