The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
Lol, what is this thread. Just posting random street fights?

Was thinking the same, the OP keeps on posting videos of street fights which are not linked to the one in the original post.

But back to the post, I swear London is becoming....and I really can't believe I am saying this but it's really becoming a shithole, I live in East London and I swear every single ****ing day someone gets stabbed nearby, and the place is invested with gangs and drugs, when caught these ******s only get 3 months in prison or something, it's a disgrace. I just have to count my lucky stars I have not been caught up in any of this violence
Reply 41
Original post by londonmyst
I live alone, usually start work before 4am and often come home after 11pm.

what work starts before 4am??

Original post by Loosie goosie
I've lost count of the amount of times I've been stopped by the police in London. I think it might be 24.

Yet if you saw me you wouldn't even believe me if I told you that I have ever been stopped and searched before.

Just last week I got stopped by an officer for "looking the other way". Which baffled me. Is that even a stoppable offence?

are you black?
This kind of stuff legit makes me sad :frown:
Original post by ANM775

are you black?

Surprisingly no I am not. I am mixed race. Half white and half Arab.
Original post by ANM775

Collecting dogs from their homes or from pet transport companies.
Usually aggressive or cranky spoilt canines who require very early morning and late evening walks- to avoid the opportunity for them to encounter children and smaller animals.
Reply 45
Collecting dogs from their homes or from pet transport companies.
Usually aggressive or cranky spoilt canines who require very early morning and late evening walks- to avoid the opportunity for them to encounter children and smaller animals.

I would have thought that waking the damn things up at 4am and forcing them outside for a walk is contributing to their crackyness

I don't really see the logic in it

odd owners.......
Original post by ANM775
I would have thought that waking the damn things up at 4am and forcing them outside for a walk is contributing to their crackyness

I don't really see the logic in it

odd owners.......

Often the dogs sleep during the daytime, have a long history of aggressive behaviour or are descended from banned breeds.
They are calmer at night and have less opportunity to encounter situations that trigger their prey drive or make them feel under threat.

Half the owners are more eccentric than their dogs.
One is under the impression that his dog is a psychic, another pays for a yoga instructor to come give her overweight labrador lessons, a few dye their "fur babies" bright purple/pink/blue.
I've just met my first micro piglet this afternoon, the same owner also keeps a pomerian in a giant handbag.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 47
Often the dogs sleep during the daytime, have a long history of aggressive behaviour or are descended from banned breeds.
They are calmer at night and have less opportunity to encounter situations that trigger their prey drive or make them feel under threat.

One is under the impression that his dog is a psychic, another pays for a yoga instructor to come give her overweight labrador lessons, a few dye their "fur babies" bright purple/pink/blue.
I've just met my first micro piglet this afternoon, the same owner also keeps a pomerian in a giant handbag.

the job seems too dangerous imo

what is the pay like?
Original post by ANM775
the job seems too dangerous imo

what is the pay like?

The most dangerous animals are the wolf-dogs and I do my utmost to avoid them.
I've only been bitten at work once- by a food aggressive Labrador with teeth so large they prevented her from fully closing her mouth.
Pay is good, free meals are offered and the hours work well around my studies & two other jobs.
Reply 50
I've only been bitten at work once- by a food aggressive Labrador with teeth so large they prevented her from fully closing her mouth.

sounds like something you'd see in a Jurassic Park movie

Seriously, you need to QUIT :P

I'm not even joking :colonhash:
Original post by ANM775
sounds like something you'd see in a Jurassic Park movie

Seriously, you need to QUIT :P

I'm not even joking :colonhash:

I love being around dogs.
Getting paid to feed, exercise and play with them is mostly great fun.
I'm more annoyed about the meerkat who bit my nose- in a 'no pets allowed' apartment complex. :mad::mad::mad:
Where's Harry Brown when you need him?
poor pomerian is job in New York.

Original post by looloo2134
poor pomerian is job in New York.

No, I work in England.
Pomerian "little girl" has a better handbag collection than I do. :biggrin:
There are elements who still rule by street violence. Was 'orrid in Glasgow in the 70's and 80's but they seem to have stemmed it now. Maybe the London police should enquire how they achieved it.

Latest

Trending

Trending