The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Renting in Birmingham

Hi there, I am going to sutdy in Birmingham for six months as an Erasmus student, starting in September. I am having really serious difficulties in finding landlords who provide contracts shorter than ten months, can anyone help me?
It's quite urgent.
Thank you a lot,
Elisa
Reply 1
This is very surprising as there are 3 unis there and lots of private accommodation for students meaning that its not so easy for landlords to find people.. Areas like selly oak are full of student accommodation. I think the best idea is to rent with other students in a shared accommodation for six months or put an advert on the spareroom website if you are not actually in birmingham or rent airbnb for a week and come to birmingham to find somewhere
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Hi there! Thank you a lot for your answer. Yes, I was surprised (and disappointed) as you are, but I found out that a lot of agencies, and even the landlondrs on the studentpad rent for a minimum of 10 months.
Therefore, I started looking on Sparerooms, but is not one the sites considered as "secure" by the University of Birmingham. Do you, or anyone else, know it? Is it reliable?
Original post by hi2u_uk
This is very surprising as there are 3 unis there and lots of private accommodation for students meaning that its not so easy for landlords to find people.. Areas like selly oak are full of student accommodation. I think the best idea is to rent with other students in a shared accommodation for six months or put an advert on the spareroom website if you are not actually in birmingham or rent airbnb for a week and come to birmingham to find somewhere
I don't think there are any 10 month contracts, because the landlords know that everyone else is only offering 12 month contracts even though there's 3 months where no students (or very few) are in Birmingham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending