The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Hello,
I'm hoping to get into Warwick University through clearing/adjustment on results day in a few weeks time. Is anyone else planning to do this, or have any advice for what to do on the day/in preparation. Thank you, will be very appreciated.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Warwick have a lot of information on their website here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/

and a list of courses available here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/courses-2019/

Going through clearing to try and get a place at one specific university is risky. Do you already have a firm/insurance choice?

I'd suggest phoning as early as you can- popular courses may fill up quickly. Also, keep the whole day free, as admissions tutors may need to phone you back.

I'd also suggest you're specific about the course you're interested in- unis will be wary if you seem unsure, they don't want you to drop out in September when you realise the course is not for you.

Make sure you know your UCAS application/PS really well, as you are likely to be asked about this.

Make notes of all the people you speak to and at what times- especially if/when you get an offer.

And above all, have a plan B ready in case things don't work out!
Reply 3
Hello, thankyou for the advice is really helpful. I do have a form and insurance, but I don't want to go there, I always wanted Warwick but my predicted grades were too low and I wouldn't have received a place. I have looked at other unis but ultimately if I don't get in via clearing, I will take a year out and reapply next year.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Warwick have a lot of information on their website here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/

and a list of courses available here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/courses-2019/

Going through clearing to try and get a place at one specific university is risky. Do you already have a firm/insurance choice?

I'd suggest phoning as early as you can- popular courses may fill up quickly. Also, keep the whole day free, as admissions tutors may need to phone you back.

I'd also suggest you're specific about the course you're interested in- unis will be wary if you seem unsure, they don't want you to drop out in September when you realise the course is not for you.

Make sure you know your UCAS application/PS really well, as you are likely to be asked about this.

Make notes of all the people you speak to and at what times- especially if/when you get an offer.

And above all, have a plan B ready in case things don't work out!
Original post by Abs1100
Hello, thankyou for the advice is really helpful. I do have a form and insurance, but I don't want to go there, I always wanted Warwick but my predicted grades were too low and I wouldn't have received a place. I have looked at other unis but ultimately if I don't get in via clearing, I will take a year out and reapply next year.

That's fair enough if that is a realistic option for you.

Have you also thought about what you will do if you don't achieve grades that would get you in next year?

Pinning all your hopes on one university is quite dangerous, and it may be a good idea to at least have a look and see what else is available in clearing.
Original post by Abs1100

Wouldn't adjustment be the route for you?
Reply 6
Yeah either really, it all depends whether they have space on the course that I want.
Original post by ageshallnot
Wouldn't adjustment be the route for you?
Reply 7
I'm not sure to be honest, if I haven't got the grades I'll be disappointed and may just go into work.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
That's fair enough if that is a realistic option for you.

Have you also thought about what you will do if you don't achieve grades that would get you in next year?

Pinning all your hopes on one university is quite dangerous, and it may be a good idea to at least have a look and see what else is available in clearing.
Reply 8
Thankyou.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is a thread to discuss University of Warwick for Clearing 2019.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Get more information about Clearing on TSR and ask for advice here >>

And here >>

Good luck with everything! :woo:
Reply 9
Hi, I applied to warwick for maths and physics and straight maths, but I ended up firming durham, with maths+physics as my insurance. I'm starting to think that I want to do straight maths at warwick, so I was wondering if there are normally places available for maths in clearing?
Original post by Mabey
Hi, I applied to warwick for maths and physics and straight maths, but I ended up firming durham, with maths+physics as my insurance. I'm starting to think that I want to do straight maths at warwick, so I was wondering if there are normally places available for maths in clearing?

I don't think it has ever been in clearing.
Hi does anyone recall if accounting and finance (Warwick) was available in clearing? thank you!
Original post by aflpfjsk
Hi does anyone recall if accounting and finance (Warwick) was available in clearing? thank you!

Hello @aflpfjsk :smile:

I hope you are well, unfortunately, none of our courses at Warwick Business School are available through clearing.

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

Francesca
Hi, does anyone recall if accounting and finance was available in clearing last year? Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending