The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
I’d like to think that one day she’ll understand that the liberal values that allow her to freely practice her religion...

What, the values that make the Police, BBC and Labour politicians to take notice of her in this way? That really is liberal as ****.
Reply 2
Behaving like this is not acceptable in Islam, put aside the sheer immaturity of her comments.

(edited 4 years ago)
I think a lot of Muslims disagree with her actions, but the title is a tad bit unnecessary, don't you think?
nasty fascist woman. shame on her.
Disgusting behaviour.
Reply 6
Truth is If they’re not saying out loud, they more than likely are thinking it
There’s nothing wrong with being prudish. The woman in the video is a bigot. Not a prude.
Reply 8
Original post by 3121
Truth is If they’re not saying out loud, they more than likely are thinking it

If everyone in society voiced their thoughts, it would break down. What you say and how you behave is what matters in this context.
Not that I agree with what she did; but plenty of non Muslims are equally as capable of being bigoted and homophobic, if recent events and this forum itself are anything to go by
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Waltham Forest Pride: Police probe 'homophobic abuse' video https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49147605

Video in link.

I’d like to think that one day she’ll understand that the liberal values that allow her to freely practice her religion are the very same that allow people to celebrate pride without being harassed.

But I’m not holding my breath.
what fully happened? ive seen the video but has anywhere released a full accurate story of what happened?
Agreed. However, the indoctrinated opinion that their religion is right makes it more likely for them to hold seventh century views. Nothing feeds hatred quite like indoctrinated religion :frown:

The Adam and Eve claim is proven wrong. Did Eve wear a niqab?
Original post by Tawheed
Behaving like this is not acceptable in Islam, put aside the sheer immaturity of her comments.

"Worst of all beasts"?
How embarrassing
Original post by SlightlySummer
I think a lot of Muslims disagree with her actions, but the title is a tad bit unnecessary, don't you think?

Judging by the illegality of homosexuality in almost the entire Islamic worldly, I'd say a lot of them do agree with her actually.
She was wearing a good disguise. Maybe she thought it through.
There are Christians on here that support the death penalty for gay people, Leviathan comes to mind.

Not to mention all the homophobic attacks that have been going in where religion isn’t a factor. I’m not saying Islam isn’t homophobic, just that homophobia isn’t limited to Muslims
Original post by RogerOxon
Agreed. However, the indoctrinated opinion that their religion is right makes it more likely for them to hold seventh century views. Nothing feeds hatred quite like indoctrinated religion :frown:

The Adam and Eve claim is proven wrong. Did Eve wear a niqab?
Really? You think most Muslims agree with her hating publicly on someone being homosexual? I don't think so :u:

It's not 'illegal' to be homosexual, as long as one doesn't act on it. You don't choose your sexual orientation, so why would it be 'illegal'
Original post by James2312
Judging by the illegality of homosexuality in almost the entire Islamic worldly, I'd say a lot of them do agree with her actually.
Again, I agree. However, IMO, a higher percentage of Muslims hold that view than Christians. Christianity is a more laid-back religion, although I still despise many of its teachings.
Christianity only seems more laid back because people don’t follow the Bible anymore. Male homosexual acts are condemned to death in the Old Testament and the New Testament speaks unfavourably of both male and female homosexual acts.
Original post by RogerOxon
Again, I agree. However, IMO, a higher percentage of Muslims hold that view than Christians. Christianity is a more laid-back religion, although I still despise many of its teachings.

Latest

Trending

Trending