The Student Room Group

Is Boris the worst person to become PM?

Is Boris Johnson becoming PM really the worst thing ever? People are going on as if it's the end of the world. Can he do much worse than May? He might put on an act but he's not stupid and nor is May so why else choose him. The government is already a mess and I belive he can't do much worse.

Scroll to see replies

I mean, I guess it could be worse. Inexplicably Donald Trump could become the PM.

Boris isn't far off though, he's just far too calculating to be as overtly damaging as Trump...which is potentially worse in the long run.
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Is Boris Johnson becoming PM really the worst thing ever? People are going on as if it's the end of the world. Can he do much worse than May? He might put on an act but he's not stupid and nor is May so why else choose him. The government is already a mess and I belive he can't do much worse.

I don't think so. He has not been in the job for that long. Some people are just used to making everything look like the end of the world. Let us see his first year in office before jumping to conclusions.
Trump won the vote there for he had the supporters not all of trumps ideas are bad. Trump hasnt made America great no but he has made changes. I wouldn't compare him and boris
Original post by artful_lounger
I mean, I guess it could be worse. Inexplicably Donald Trump could become the PM.

Boris isn't far off though, he's just far too calculating to be as overtly damaging as Trump...which is potentially worse in the long run.

Everyone thinks he's an idiot, he's not or else he would not be in parliament.
Original post by Wired_1800
I don't think so. He has not been in the job for that long. Some people are just used to making everything look like the end of the world. Let us see his first year in office before jumping to conclusions.
He's an energetic person with lots of quirky ideas and he has pulled together a good team.

I don't see him as any less capable than T. May if I am honest. We don't know how he will do, so it's impossible to compare him to Gladstone or Asquith or Brown.
Trump won the vote there for he had the supporters not all of trumps ideas are bad. Trump hasnt made America great no but he has made changes. I wouldn't compare him and boris

Trump literally lost the popular vote by 5 million votes, he was only elected due to the existence of the archaic electoral college.

I don't think creating concentration camps are "changes" worth mentioning in any positive light.

Other than their stupid hair, no they aren't that similar since Boris Johnson is far too much of a schemer compared to Trump, who is just an imbecile for the most part. Boris however will go on in an interview about model buses to appear like a buffoon while ensuring the google search results for "boris bus" don't come up with the flagrant lies he emblazoned on his Brexit bus, and is hellbent on creating a Britain which caters only to white upper middle class public schoolboy types like him, and is smart enough to know how to play along the working class voters using nationalism and xenophobia.
The man doesn't give a crap what happens to the UK, only about his career. He'll say what he wants to get what he wants and damn the consequences as shown by his habitual lying.
Reply 7
He's not great at all, but certainly not the worst ever.

It is interesting how some people talk about how incredibly intelligent Mr Johnson is, but then go on to blast his seemingly lack of attention to detail.

Also, Trump is the West’s bogeyman, so anyone who is not liked is pushed to his corner.
Original post by Notoriety
He's an energetic person with lots of quirky ideas and he has pulled together a good team.

I don't see him as any less capable than T. May if I am honest. We don't know how he will do, so it's impossible to compare him to Gladstone or Asquith or Brown.

Original post by 123543
He's not great at all, but certainly not the worst ever.

This is what I'm getting at he cannot do a worse job. Maybe he does care about his career mostly but he has started to make some changes and I believe he could possibly make a difference no matter how small
Original post by Guru Jason
The man doesn't give a crap what happens to the UK, only about his career. He'll say what he wants to get what he wants and damn the consequences as shown by his habitual lying.

You write as if other politicians are saints and don't lie or aren’t self-serving. Theresa May told so many lies that people could not trust what she said anymore.

Yes Mr. Johnson lies, but we should at least give him some time to play his cards. Jumping around wont help his cause. Our division is what the EU has used to treat us like morons.
He's not even been PM for a week I guess we'll have to wait and see if he makes positive changes.
Trump literally lost the popular vote by 5 million votes, he was only elected due to the existence of the archaic electoral college.

I don't think creating concentration camps are "changes" worth mentioning in any positive light.

Other than their stupid hair, no they aren't that similar since Boris Johnson is far too much of a schemer compared to Trump, who is just an imbecile for the most part. Boris however will go on in an interview about model buses to appear like a buffoon while ensuring the google search results for "boris bus" don't come up with the flagrant lies he emblazoned on his Brexit bus, and is hellbent on creating a Britain which caters only to white upper middle class public schoolboy types like him, and is smart enough to know how to play along the working class voters using nationalism and xenophobia.
I think he will deliver brexit no matter what, love him or hate him. He rather reminds me of Churchill, good in times of need. After he sorts out brexit he’ll probably see that as his mission finished.
Boris is a competent leader; he is a genuine patriot for whom the Great British Public have respect. he is committed to carrying out the wishes of the GBP as expressed in the Referendum, namely to yeet the economy off a cliff.
There could have been worse, but Boris makes for an excellent scapegoat.
Reply 15

Lefties are rubbish at dealing with reality and for that reason they spend their time in a parallel universe instead. What a load of crap, everything they say has to be a distortion of the real world from the very first sentence to the last.
You write as if other politicians are saints and don't lie or aren’t self-serving. Theresa May told so many lies that people could not trust what she said anymore.

Yes Mr. Johnson lies, but we should at least give him some time to play his cards. Jumping around wont help his cause. Our division is what the EU has used to treat us like morons.

Dispite my strong dislike of May (being a Labour supporter) I'd like to think what she was doing was her ideas of what was best in a bad situation. Boris does not give that impression. To me, he is nothing but self serving.
Original post by Guru Jason
Dispite my strong dislike of May (being a Labour supporter) I'd like to think what she was doing was her ideas of what was best in a bad situation. Boris does not give that impression. To me, he is nothing but self serving.

That is the perception that has been shown to you by the media. I bet you don't know Mr Johnson on a personal basis to arrive at a reasonable conclusion.

Mrs May lied that she did her best, but it was not true. She could have done better and should not have made the decisions that she made. She made several compromises that weakened our negotiating position. Even the EU recently claimed that they knew Mrs May was weak. How can you take off No Deal during important negotiations?

Some business leaders have said that it was nonsensical to remove the option of walking away.

As for Mr Johnson, let us see how things pan out. He has barely been in the job for a week and people are losing their minds. I think his strategy, for now, makes sense. He has surrounded himself with people who got us in the mess in the first place. So let’s see how they intend to get us out. We had 3 years of Remainers trying to handle Brexit and failed.
(edited 4 years ago)
That is the perception that has been shown to you by the media. I bet you don't know Mr Johnson on a personal basis to arrive at a reasonable conclusion.

Mrs May lied that she did her best, but it was not true. She could have done better and should not have made the decisions that she made. She made several compromises that weakened our negotiating position. Even the EU recently claimed that they knew Mrs May was weak. How can you take off No Deal during important negotiations?

Some business leaders have said that it was nonsensical to remove the option of walking away.

As for Mr Johnson, let us see how things pan out. He has barely been in the job for a week and people are losing their minds. I think his strategy, for now, makes sense. He has surrounded himself with people who got us in the mess in the first place. So let’s see how they intend to get us out. We had 3 years of Remainers trying to handle Brexit and failed.

Boris got caught out with the £350 million to th NHS a week and tried to weasel out of it so hard. He promised his rich friends tax cuts to buy voted and tried to avoid debated during the election process for as long as possible.

When Gorden Brown became PM after Tony, he went on a massive rant about how we should hold an election as he wasn't elected by the people yet isn't doing the same thing now showing he is nothing but slimey and hypocritical. As far as Tories go, there are far better candidates.
Reply 19
Stop running with the trends fam. I’m Muslim and he’s only been in for like a week and has already put in more police officers in London to handle crime issues. So far he’s off to a good start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending