The Student Room Group

Is Boris the worst person to become PM?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guru Jason
Boris got caught out with the £350 million to th NHS a week and tried to weasel out of it so hard. He promised his rich friends tax cuts to buy voted and tried to avoid debated during the election process for as long as possible.

When Gorden Brown became PM after Tony, he went on a massive rant about how we should hold an election as he wasn't elected by the people yet isn't doing the same thing now showing he is nothing but slimey and hypocritical. As far as Tories go, there are far better candidates.

The £350 million for the NHS, I think, has now been clarified. I heard it was about £200 million instead.

I dont think he promised his rich friends tax cuts for votes. You are smearing him now. As a Tory, he supports tax cuts, but you are calling into question the moral character of the Prime Minister and accusing him of selling himself to the rich and powerful.

To your second point, I think Mr Johnson will call an election. I think he should wait for the right time to call one where he has a decent chance to win. Calling before 31 Oct risks him losing votes to Nigel Farage. My view is that he should take the UK out of the EU by 31 October then call an election for November or early December.
*shrug* He's a bad example of a pretty awful shower. Wake me if people start shooting or burning stuff.
Original post by Wired_1800
The £350 million for the NHS, I think, has now been clarified. I heard it was about £200 million instead.

I dont think he promised his rich friends tax cuts for votes. You are smearing him now. As a Tory, he supports tax cuts, but you are calling into question the moral character of the Prime Minister and accusing him of selling himself to the rich and powerful.

To your second point, I think Mr Johnson will call an election. I think he should wait for the right time to call one where he has a decent chance to win. Calling before 31 Oct risks him losing votes to Nigel Farage. My view is that he should take the UK out of the EU by 31 October then call an election for November or early December.

350 mill or 200 mill, either way it's a ridiculous lie. I'm not smearing him. It is my belief that he only said tax cuts for the rich to buy votes so yes I'm accusing him of selling out as I said I do believe him self serving.

Everything you just said about the election confirms everything I believe about him in my eyes. If he had any integrity and consistency he would call an election just has he asked for before when Gordon became PM.
350 mill or 200 mill, either way it's a ridiculous lie. I'm not smearing him. It is my belief that he only said tax cuts for the rich to buy votes so yes I'm accusing him of selling out as I said I do believe him self serving.

Everything you just said about the election confirms everything I believe about him in my eyes. If he had any integrity and consistency he would call an election just has he asked for before when Gordon became PM.

He will call an election at the right time. There is no need to call an election now and add to the uncertainty. To me, it is more reckless to do that than call an election in November, when we have left the EU.
He will call an election at the right time. There is no need to call an election now and add to the uncertainty. To me, it is more reckless to do that than call an election in November, when we have left the EU.

"It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.”

"They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up?" Boris own words.

Time to see who the fraud really is.
(edited 4 years ago)
"It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.”

"They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up?" Boris own words.

Time to see who the fraud really is.

Be patient. There will be an election.
Be patient. There will be an election.

Ey, when his term limit is up as opposed to when he morally should. He can do that but i will continue to thing he is a hypocrite for it.
No. Luckily Chris Grayling was busy.
Ey, when his term limit is up as opposed to when he morally should. He can do that but i will continue to thing he is a hypocrite for it.

I have no issue with your comments about Mr Johnson. He is a politician. They are all hypocrites. Even Labour politicians would have done the same, if they found themselves in Government.
he's not the complete worst, considering people like jacob rees-mogg and ann widdecombe exist, but he's still pretty awful.
Reply 30
As bad Prime Ministers go I don't think Boris is in the same league as Tony Blair and Theresa May. He has not done anything wrong yet as PM. If he gets us out of the EU with a good deal or no deal then his popularity will only rise.
I look forward to Boris and Nicola Sturgeons meeting
I fear the world has gone mad.

Sinn Fein is complaining about a lack of diplomatic niceties

Corbyn is complaining about Boris' lack of a Brexit plan.

Boris is complaing about Gove predicting a no deal Brexit

If Jo Swinson says it is all the fault of the Jews and Arlene Foster asks the Pope to mediate, I think my day will be complete.
Original post by artful_lounger
I mean, I guess it could be worse. Inexplicably Donald Trump could become the PM.

Boris isn't far off though, he's just far too calculating to be as overtly damaging as Trump...which is potentially worse in the long run.

Trump is rude, arrogant, immature and an overly unprofessional president. However I don't see how he is damaging the US, except for the political division.
Original post by nulli tertius

And yet we still haven't heard what Corbyn would do lol.
Original post by Alexty28
And yet we still haven't heard what Corbyn would do lol.

That is my point

And do you address a letter bomb to "Mr" or "Esq"

And of course it was stupid, stupid, stupid of Gove to suggest we might leave the EU without a deal.
I fear the world has gone mad.

Sinn Fein is complaining about a lack of diplomatic niceties

Boris is complaing about Gove predicting a no deal Brexit

If Jo Swinson says it is all the fault of the Jews and Arlene Foster asks the Pope to mediate, I think my day will be complete.

Is Jo Swinson an anti-semite?
Is Jo Swinson an anti-semite?

No more than Arlene Foster is an admirer of the Pope.
Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher...
No more than Arlene Foster is an admirer of the Pope.

Madam Foster does not like the Pope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending