The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

She should hide her face in shame.
Original post by Wired_1800
The attacks on this thread is based on Islamophobia rather than supporting the LGBT people.

Legitimate criticism, not "attacks". She was the one being aggressive.

Islam's stance on homosexuality is illogical. That is legitimate criticism, so you can't brush it off as "Islamaphobia".
Original post by RogerOxon
Legitimate criticism, not "attacks". She was the one being aggressive.

Islam's stance on homosexuality is illogical. That is legitimate criticism, so you can't brush it off as "Islamaphobia".

But it is not only Islam. Judaism and Christianity are against homosexuality. People just see Islam and pounce because of their own prejudices.

I have never said that Islam was spotless nor do I think the woman was right. My point is that some people here are not attacking the woman because they support LGBT rights. Some are doing it because of their hatred for Islam.
Original post by James2312
Islamophobia would seem to be a perfectly good phobia to have if you are homosexual tbh.Based on their track record.

But people, on here, attacking Islam are not homosexuals. Some of them may even not like Homosexuality.
But people, on here, attacking Islam are not homosexuals. Some of them may even not like Homosexuality.

What's wrong with attacking Islam? Plenty to dislike about Islam.Its views on homosexuality,women,Jews and child mutilation for starters.
But it is not only Islam. Judaism and Christianity are against homosexuality.

I criticise that aspect of all of them. However, how many non-Islamic countries have the death penalty for it?

People just see Islam and pounce because of their own prejudices.

You don't need prejudice when Islam's vile views are in the Quran.

My point is that some people here are not attacking the woman because they support LGBT rights.

How do you know?

Some are doing it because of their hatred for Islam.

I hate Islam, for logical reasons - some of what it claims and states. Please explain what is wrong with that.
I criticise that aspect of all of them. However, how many non-Islamic countries have the death penalty for it?

You don't need prejudice when Islam's vile views are in the Quran.

How do you know?

I hate Islam, for logical reasons - some of what it claims and states. Please explain what is wrong with that.

It is fair for you to criticise all religions. I like and welcome people like you because you have consistent criticisms of religion.

Vile views are present in many other religions.

Fair, I don't know. I don't have evidence.

You hate all religions which is fair
What's wrong with attacking Islam? Plenty to dislike about Islam.Its views on homosexuality,women,Jews and child mutilation for starters.

Many other religions have similar views about other religions.

Hitler, who killed 6 million Jews, was not Muslim. Even the Far right in the US hate homosexuals, Jews and Muslims.
Reply 88
its a backwards religion, acts like these are inevitable
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Waltham Forest Pride: Police probe 'homophobic abuse' video https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49147605

Video in link.

I’d like to think that one day she’ll understand that the liberal values that allow her to freely practice her religion are the very same that allow people to celebrate pride without being harassed.

But I’m not holding my breath.
Original post by Tawheed
Behaving like this is not acceptable in Islam, put aside the sheer immaturity of her comments.

Muslims say that a lot, and then it turns out that such behaviour is encouraged - if not mandated - in the Qur'an.
black niqab uno
Original post by Alexty28
Stop using the f word because its becoming completely meaningless.

controlling people's speech is the hallmark of fascism :h:
Try flipping it around."Its not illegal for men to be straight, so long as they don't have sex with a woman or display any romantic affection whatsoever".See why that's wrong? If a man is not free to express his love for a woman then is there any point in having those feelings?

In practical terms it means absolutely nothing.Its just a subtle way for people to be homophobic.Saying your feelings aren't illegal but you must never ever express them is implicitly homophobic.

Absolutely this! I’m sick and tired of always seeing Muslims use this as an excuse as if it somehow makes them less homophobic or that it’s some kind of viable, legitimate solution for homosexuals.
There are atheists who are homophobic it just religious people.
Original post by looloo2134

Exactly ZERO people are homophobic because of Atheism. Many religious people are homophobic because of their religion.
Exactly ZERO people are homophobic because of Atheism. Many religious people are homophobic because of their religion.

What? How can you make such generalisations?
What? How can you make such generalisations?

Because I can think, and know the definition of Atheism ..
And from the left? Not a word of critique about her behaviour or a whole lot of nonsense about her own victimhood. When will the left accept that you can have multiculturalism or liberalism, but not both.
Because I can think, and know the definition of Atheism ..

How does the definition of atheism affect whether one is homophobic?
Atheists can be homophobic too; I've had the misfortune of encountering homophobic atheists
Original post by looloo2134

Latest

Trending

Trending