The Student Room Group

Gonna be in year 11 soon aghhhh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrawTheLine
Don't burn out. You should be having more relaxation time in the holidays than revision.

okay thankyouu :smile:. I'm just super stressed
Original post by Obolinda
lol, i'm just worried about workload.

innihh
You :congrats: will :congrats: be :congrats: fine
@Obolinda @yoursunshinexx it’s not that deep, honestly. As long as you keep on top of class work and you understand what you need to know before the end of each lesson, the workload will not seem so daunting. It will take a little extra time and energy but it will all be worth it in the end, I promise you. :heart:
Original post by RazzzBerries
@Obolinda @yoursunshinexx it’s not that deep, honestly. As long as you keep on top of class work and you understand what you need to know before the end of each lesson, the workload will not seem so daunting. It will take a little extra time and energy but it will all be worth it in the end, I promise you. :heart:

lol, thanks. am just lazy cos I don't feel good.
lol, thanks. am just lazy cos I don't feel good.

Mood 😂
You’re clever though so you’ve got this. Some of us *cough me cough* were lazy AND had no brains. That wasn’t a good mix lmao
Mood 😂
You’re clever though so you’ve got this. Some of us *cough me cough* were lazy AND had no brains. That wasn’t a good mix lmao

Thanks.
No, don't say that. it ain't true.
Original post by husfngyaug
are mocks important and is doing the real gcses a stressfull time?

At the end of the day mocks don't count for anything tangible so don't matter, but doing some work for them is good for getting you into decent study habits for the actual thing.

Whether doing the actual GCSEs is stressful depends on what you're like, really. I personally was super chill about the whole affair but I know I was a minority.
lol, i'm just worried about workload.

At GCSE level you don't need to go that hard, I got a solid set of Bs n As on 95% night before revision. Obviously don't do what I did because my bad habits ruined me once I got to A level, but the point is you don't need to burn yourself out too bad to get a solid set.

Original post by husfngyaug
oh great that you are bored so am i
are A levels are big step up from gcses?

GCSEs are something you should put effort into but can get away without doing a lot.
A levels NEED work ethic and will annihilate you if you don't have it.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
At GCSE level you don't need to go that hard, I got a solid set of Bs n As on 95% night before revision. Obviously don't do what I did because my bad habits ruined me once I got to A level, but the point is you don't need to burn yourself out too bad to get a solid set.

thanks

thankyouu :smile:
I’m going into year 11 too! I really want to revise and do well but I am so unmotivated and get bored way too easily
Has anyone done any revision so far (for the summer)?
Reply 32
Original post by medicalsupernova
Has anyone done any revision so far (for the summer)?

I haven't done any revision but I have made revision resources for one chapter of biology and chemistry so far
Reply 33
I'm going into year 11 too, my mock grades were ok but I feel like I'm still behind target for a lot of things

maths - 7. TG - 9
English Lit - 8. TG - 8
English lang - 7. TG - 8
biology - 6. TG - 8
chemistry- 8. TG - 8
physics - 6. TG - 8
french - 7. TG - 9
history - 8. TG - 9
psychology - 7. TG - 9
sociology - 6. TG - 8
re - 5 TG - 7

I really want to do well in the next mocks so that I can go to a good sixth form and get better chances than at my current school,
(edited 4 years ago)
my mock scores:
maths: 9
english lit: 8
english lang: 6
biology: 9
chemistry: 9
physics: 9
geography: 9
german: 8
french: 8
RS: 9
just got my pride and prejudice book a few hours ago and my lordd the book is so fat! :frown:
Original post by pelumixo
I haven't done any revision but I have made revision resources for one chapter of biology and chemistry so far

I have this bigg list I need to complete over the summer ffs
Reply 37
ahhhh I feel so stressed bc there's sm I need to catch up on
Me too. Worried about gcses in general, but especially english and french.
French is gonna be tough as we've only covered 1 of the 3 themes by the end of year 10 - we should be much further ahead. Doesn't help that I'm terrible at it lmao.

With English I did well in my mocks (well I got a 7 and a 8 which I was very happy with considering english is a subject I'm not very good at) but I feel like I will be expected to get similar / higher grades in year 11, however I would have done much worse if one of the teachers hadn't told their class what the picture was for Q5, and what character / poem was going to come up. (Also double english lessons... yeah no thanks - I barely make it through 1)

Also worried about applying to sixth form. Not really sure where I want to - I kind of want to go to the one at my school just because it's the only one that is close enough to walk to - all of the others I would have to get a bus to. The trouble is the one at my school isn't the best (it's not absolutely terrible or anything but I wouldn't call it great, and looking online seems to have the worst results out of the 3 I am considering) and all of my friends are planning on going to a different one. The one they want to go to seems good, but tbh it would just be awkward to get to for me.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bill Nye
Me too. Worried about gcses in general, but especially english and french.
French is gonna be tough as we've only covered 1 of the 3 themes by the end of year 10 - we should be much further ahead. Doesn't help that I'm terrible at it lmao.

With English I did well in my mocks (well I got a 7 and a 8 which I was very happy with considering english is a subject I'm not very good at) but I feel like I will be expected to get similar / higher grades in year 11, however I would have done much worse if one of the teachers hadn't told their class what the picture was for Q5, and what character / poem was going to come up. (Also double english... yeah no thanks)

Also worried about applying to sixth form. Not really sure where I want to - I kind of want to go to the one at my school just because it's the only one that is close enough to walk to - all of the others I would have to get a bus to. The trouble is the one at my school isn't the best (it's not absolutely terrible or anything but I wouldn't call it great) and all of my friends are planning on going to a different one. The one they want to go to seems good, but tbh it would just be awkward to get to for me.

ooooommmmmmmmmmmggggggggg sister i hear u and feel your pain :angry:
i high-key relate to A LOT of that stuff
my french teacher has said that we've "caught up" but really, we haven't
and bc english is a "skills-based subject" (quoting all of my past english teachers), they say that if you don't practise it all day 24/7 that u aren't gonna be good
but we finna get that from every teacher YKWIS?
and we ain't gonna let that get us down :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending