Tori20023
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi
How many people believe in animal right or animal welfare?
I believe in animal welfare but i want to know why people believe in what they believe
Astrophile2017
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I believe animals should be treated well based on my life experience. I worked at an animal sanctuary (horse, donkey, cow, pig, sheep, goat, cats), and believe you me, animals feel pain and have emotions. I am not a vegan. I still eat meat, and i love me some pork. But there is no need to mistreat animals in order to have those things.

I am waiting for lab grown meat to be accessible and viable
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I take an abolitionist stance towards animal exploitation
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
I take an abolitionist stance towards animal exploitation
what's that?
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
what's that?
Abolitionism or abolitionist veganism is the animal rights-based opposition to all animal use by humans. Abolitionism maintains that all sentient beings, humans or nonhumans, share a basic right: the right not to be treated as the property of others. Abolitionist vegans emphasise that animal products require treating animals as property or resources and that animal products are not necessary for human health in modern societies. Abolitionists believe that everyone who can live vegan is therefore morally obligated to be vegan.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Abolitionism or abolitionist veganism is the animal rights-based opposition to all animal use by humans. Abolitionism maintains that all sentient beings, humans or nonhumans, share a basic right: the right not to be treated as the property of others. Abolitionist vegans emphasise that animal products require treating animals as property or resources and that animal products are not necessary for human health in modern societies. Abolitionists believe that everyone who can live vegan is therefore morally obligated to be vegan.
ah okay. thanks 👍
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't think animals have rights.

if you own it, you can treat it almost however you like because it's your property. so if you want to kill your cats and feed it to your dog, go ahead. or if you want to do circus acts on your bear for entertainment, go ahead.

if you kill someone elses animal, you should give them yours

if your animal killed their animal, you should sell your animal and split the money between yourselves.

if your animal kills a person, you should kill the animal.

reason: Bible
For the vast majority of human history it was legal for people to own other people. If legal ownership justifies what you suggest above, and overrules any rights an entity has, then your argument becomes abhorrent.
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

if you own it, you can treat it almost however you like because it's your property. so if you want to kill your cats and feed it to your dog, go ahead. or if you want to do circus acts on your bear for entertainment, go ahead.

if your animal killed their animal, you should sell your animal and split the money between yourselves.

, that's f*ucked up
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes I believe in animal rights and welfare. The question should be why don't you believe in animal rights and welfare.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
For the vast majority of human history it was legal for people to own other people. If legal ownership justifies what you suggest above, and overrules any rights an entity has, then your argument becomes abhorrent.
true, except they're humans, and have a lot more worth than an animal, so I don't think you could treat any human however you like just because they're your property.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
Yes I believe in animal rights and welfare. The question should be why don't you believe in animal rights and welfare.
why should that be the question?🙂
Tori20023
Rep:
?
(Original post by Astrophile2017)
I believe animals should be treated well based on my life experience. I worked at an animal sanctuary (horse, donkey, cow, pig, sheep, goat, cats), and believe you me, animals feel pain and have emotions. I am not a vegan. I still eat meat, and i love me some pork. But there is no need to mistreat animals in order to have those things.

I am waiting for lab grown meat to be accessible and viable
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
Of course people should believe in that and of course i do. However i was wondering whether people believe in animal rights or animal welfare as they arent the same thing.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tori20023)
Of course people should believe in that and of course i do. However i was wondering whether people believe in animal rights or animal welfare as they arent the same thing.
what, to you, is the difference?
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
what's the difference?
Tori20023
Rep:
?

Thats messed up. No offence but how is it ok to kill an animal for no reason. Its like saying parents can kill their child because ut belongs to them and no one should do anything about it!
username4355882
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hear! (save the last line since I am not informed enough to have an opinion about that)

PRSOM
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by batter mix)
Hear! (save the last line since I am not informed enough to have an opinion about that)

PRSOM
that's cool
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thats messed up. No offence but how is it ok to kill an animal for no reason. Its like saying parents can kill their child because ut belongs to them and no one should do anything about it!
I've been told. none taken. like I said, because it's your property, same way you could break your phone for no reason. I see someone pointed out a flaw in my argument though when it comes to slavery and ownership of people, I however don't think that's the same since humans are a lot more important than an animal are are not something to be mistreated like some were in 19th century America.

I don't think that's the same because children are humans and animals are not. I don't think children are a parents property.
username4355882
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
that's cool
No, you're cool for not bashing me for it :cry2:
:cube:
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by batter mix)
No, you're cool for not bashing me for it :cry2:
:cube:
ah, no worries. I wouldn't! :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (46)
27.06%
No (124)
72.94%

Watched Threads