The Student Room Group

gcse music

does anyone know how to revise the set works? our teacher left us for four months during the time of our first set of year 10 mocks, so we didn't have a music exam, and so none of us know how to revise (because none of us needed to revise in year 7,8 and 9). we haven't done an essay question yet and we've only had one end of unit test at the beginning of the year on music for a while... oh also we don't know what the exam questions are going to be like. hooray. anyways, any help is good help at this point
Which spec?
Board? If you're OCR, I can help.
Reply 3
Original post by bluemuffin
Which spec?

edexcel
Ok so I did edexcel too basically I just listened to the set works loads while looking at my annotated anthology (book with the scores) as well as making mind maps and doing revision questions on the set works. I would go on the edexcel website and look at the past papers and see how the questions are worded so you know what to expect in the exam, maybe do a couple. In terms of the 12 marker, don’t worry I’m sure you’ll eventually learn how to do those in class, I’m pretty sure before my exam I’d only done maybe one or two of those essays so I didn’t know what to expect but I did fine in the end lol. At this point it’s more important to know all the content and to really consolidate all your knowledge than learn how to write and structure an essay. Good luck !
Reply 5
Original post by bluemuffin
Ok so I did edexcel too basically I just listened to the set works loads while looking at my annotated anthology (book with the scores) as well as making mind maps and doing revision questions on the set works. I would go on the edexcel website and look at the past papers and see how the questions are worded so you know what to expect in the exam, maybe do a couple. In terms of the 12 marker, don’t worry I’m sure you’ll eventually learn how to do those in class, I’m pretty sure before my exam I’d only done maybe one or two of those essays so I didn’t know what to expect but I did fine in the end lol. At this point it’s more important to know all the content and to really consolidate all your knowledge than learn how to write and structure an essay. Good luck !

okay thanks a lot! i've been getting so worried ahaha so thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by RazzzBerries

what are the topics for the 2021 OCR papers? I'm going into year 10 and I feel blank about it!
Reply 7
Original post by RazzzBerries

HI! I do OCR, i'm in year 10. I need the topics to revise during lockdown

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending