The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Are Royal Holloway lenient with grades?

I have to get AAB for psych but I’m worried that I won’t achieve these grades and won’t get in :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have to get AAB for psych but I’m worried that I won’t achieve these grades and won’t get in :/

Hi there,

We don't have set guidelines on missed results, but our Admissions team will reconsider your application if you don't meet the conditions of your offer. Depending on how many places are still available and how close to meeting the conditions of the offer you are, your academic results may still be accepted, but please note we can't make any guarantees at this time.

Hope this helps,

Philippa :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for your reply :smile:
I was wondering if it’s true that royal Holloway emails applicants with conditional offers before UCAS updates on results day, (eg before 8.)
I was also wondering what would be the best course of action if I didn’t get in. Would calling the uni and asking them to reconsider be of any help, especially if it’s your firm choice?
I was wondering if it’s true that royal Holloway emails applicants with conditional offers before UCAS updates on results day, (eg before 8.)
I was also wondering what would be the best course of action if I didn’t get in. Would calling the uni and asking them to reconsider be of any help, especially if it’s your firm choice?

I will let @Royal Holloway, University of London answer the question about whether they email applicants before 8am but in answer to your second question, there is no point phoning unis that have rejected you and asking them to reconsider. Do you have an Insurance choice at all?
Reply 4
I suppose so :/ I just thought it would be worth explaining why I want to go so much but I can see your point. I’m doing a very specific course (Psychology, Clinical Psychology and mental health,) so maybe I could ask if there are any vaccines available on a similar course? My insurance has the same conditions as royal Holloway
I suppose so :/ I just thought it would be worth explaining why I want to go so much but I can see your point. I’m doing a very specific course (Psychology, Clinical Psychology and mental health,) so maybe I could ask if there are any vaccines available on a similar course? My insurance has the same conditions as royal Holloway

I understand but what happens is the unis get your results the weekend before the A level results are published and they will have already decided who they will take or not take before you even see your results. If Royal Holloway decide they are not able to take you (and they still might, even if you have slipped a grade or two) then it will be up to your Insurance whether they are able to offer you a place instead (and they might be more flexible than Royal Holloway so it's still possible they would accept you even if RH don't).

I know it's an anxious time but everything may turn out ok so try not to worry too much. There will be lots of unis in Clearing this year even if the worst comes to the worst, but hopefully it won't come to that

Hi there,

In answer to the first question our emails to applicants are sent after UCAS updates at 8am, so you may receive an email from us any time after that.

Hope this helps :smile:

Philippa

I would rate your chances 80:20 in your favour if you can get BBB or better. If you are getting CCD, then panic!
Reply 8
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a freshers ball, and if so when?
Reply 9
Original post by StarLinyx
I would rate your chances 80:20 in your favour if you can get BBB or better. If you are getting CCD, then panic!

Thank you! :smile:
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a freshers ball, and if so when?

Hi there,

There is a freshers ball! It is usually hosted at the end of freshers week after lots of other day and evening events. It's a really lovely way to celebrate your first week of university with your new friends!
Though the date has yet to be confirmed this year, it will be announced through our Students Union website.

Hope this helps,

Philippa :smile:

Hi, I obviously cannot say for certain your grades will be enough and of course you don’t know what they are yet so don’t spend your summer worrying to much what will be will be :smile: . However, like you Royal Holloway asked for AAB for my course and I spent my entire summer worrying as I knew I just hadn’t got these grades. However, results day came and before I even got to my sixth form to pick up my results I received a text message and email that morning from them saying I was in! When I did get to my school and open my results I actually got ACD!! Big grade drop! You have to remember whilst grades are important, they are not everything. Personal statements, EPQ, tutor statements etc are all taken into account. I hope this makes you feel better, enjoy your summer and I hope you do get in! xx
Hi, I obviously cannot say for certain your grades will be enough and of course you don’t know what they are yet so don’t spend your summer worrying to much what will be will be :smile: . However, like you Royal Holloway asked for AAB for my course and I spent my entire summer worrying as I knew I just hadn’t got these grades. However, results day came and before I even got to my sixth form to pick up my results I received a text message and email that morning from them saying I was in! When I did get to my school and open my results I actually got ACD!! Big grade drop! You have to remember whilst grades are important, they are not everything. Personal statements, EPQ, tutor statements etc are all taken into account. I hope this makes you feel better, enjoy your summer and I hope you do get in! xx

Thank you so much!! To be honest I feel like I got similar grades. Did you get a text/ email before track updated or after? X
Thank you so much!! To be honest I feel like I got similar grades. Did you get a text/ email before track updated or after? X

It was before, I was actually in the car on the way to get my results when the text came through and I know it was the same for some of my friends who also applied to RHUL. :smile:
It was before, I was actually in the car on the way to get my results when the text came through and I know it was the same for some of my friends who also applied to RHUL. :smile:

Ah great! So I should hear before 8am?

Can’t say for definite I just know it was for me, but I’m doing maths not Psych so not sure if they’re handled at different times. Hope you do get it it’s a lovely union:smile:

How did you get on? My daughters looking to do Psychology next year at RH, hope you got the grades you wanted!
Original post by phoebebuffay77
How did you get on? My daughters looking to do Psychology next year at RH, hope you got the grades you wanted!

Hi,
I got in! I missed by a grade but I’m still really happy with the grades I achieved :smile: if you have any questions about the application process etc, feel free to ask!
Hi,
I got in! I missed by a grade but I’m still really happy with the grades I achieved :smile: if you have any questions about the application process etc, feel free to ask!

Aw congrats!! That great news, what A levels did you do? My daughter is doing Psycology, English Lit and Fine Art and until recently was doing an EPQ but has decided not to continue with it (no support at school at all unusually and caused a LOT of stress!!)
Original post by phoebebuffay77
Aw congrats!! That great news, what A levels did you do? My daughter is doing Psycology, English Lit and Fine Art and until recently was doing an EPQ but has decided not to continue with it (no support at school at all unusually and caused a LOT of stress!!)

Aw bless her- I have heard from a lot of people that EPQ’s are really tough! I did psychology, sociology and English literature :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending