The Student Room Group

Study medicine Georigia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunny155
Okay. PLease do let me know when u get a reply. Thanks

Hi! So this is the reply I got from gmc:

"We cannot confirm acceptability until an application has been submitted to us."
Hi im also looking to apply hopefully for the 4 year MD course
Original post by SAH2019
Hi I am thinking of studying medicine in Georgia New Vision uni also for the 4 year medicine programme. Just wanted to ask are u going through study medicine Europe ?

Hi im also looking to apply at new vision university, im from london
I think it will be accepted because the graduate entry is only available to graduates of a related science degree. This means that some of the required hours has been covered in your first degree and you must have spend a total of 7 years of study (3+4) which is more than the required 5 years. More to this, if the 4 years MD degrees in poland are accepted, why would that in Georgia not accepted?
Original post by Enphilus
Hi! So this is the reply I got from gmc:

"We cannot confirm acceptability until an application has been submitted to us."

Report1 minute ago

I think it will be accepted because the graduate entry is only available to graduates of a related science degree. This means that some of the required hours has been covered in your first degree and you must have spend a total of 7 years of study (3+4) which is more than the required 5 years. More to this, if the 4 years MD degrees in poland are accepted, why would that in Georgia not accepted?
Original post by Quinny2000
Report1 minute ago

Awesome!! Your brain is amazing!!
I had interviews for poznan 2 days ago however they offered my the 6 year program
So i am looking to apply for Georgia’s 4 year
Original post by Ace1237861997
I had interviews for poznan 2 days ago however they offered my the 6 year program
So i am looking to apply for Georgia’s 4 year

Their admission process is straight forward. I didn't do any interviews. I ony had to send them an email
Have you got a place in georgia? Did you go through SME

Yeah I did, starting in November.

Yes, I have. I resume September
Original post by Karidja04
Yeah I have, for the November intake. I start on te 4th.
Gotta search for apartments and all.

Hi! Were you given a document that contains the minister's decree or something?
Has anyone gotten the Minister's decree to study medicine in Georgia?
Original post by Chandani1004
Anyone planning to go to Georgia to study medicine? Im planning New Vision Uni

Same New Vision too! Did you get the email about results day?
Original post by FaraazKhurshid
Same New Vision too! Did you get the email about results day?

Are they suppose to send results? I've been accepted, though
Reply 55
Original post by Sunny155
Okay thanks, but thats not the only criteria for their acceptance, right? This is what it says on the website,
"To be acceptable to us, your primary medical qualification must have been awarded after a programme of study that was made up of at least 5,500 hours and lasted at least five years." So how would you satisfy the criteria for 5 years?

Hi, would you be very kind and send the link for this quote. It’s rather worrying. I am in the same position as the rest of your folks, thinking of starting this year at NVU.
Don't think there's anything to worry about
Reply 57
Their admission process is straight forward. I didn't do any interviews. I ony had to send them an email

Did you apply directly or via an agency? If agency, how much they charged you?
Original post by Fuatto
Did you apply directly or via an agency? If agency, how much they charged you?

I applied directly. Got the offer in 2 days or so
Reply 59
I applied directly. Got the offer in 2 days or so

How? Are you a British citizen? I was told that British students should apply through SME, not sure if its true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending