The Student Room Group

Why do people hate me wearing a Fedora?

Hi TSR Members,

I honestly do not get what people's problems are with me wearing a Fedora.

I live in a small village. When I walk outside with my Fedora on people give me funny looks and stare at me. On holiday to America, everyone was complimenting it but when I got back to the UK everything changed.

I love my Fedora. It makes me happy. But I do not get what people's issues are with me wearing it. It is a trendy and stylish hat.

So what is it will all the Fedora hate? Do you guys wear one or know someone to wears one?

I am looking for people opinions who are similar to my age. My family support me wearing it but what do you guys think?
I guess it’s not what people are used to see others wearing normally . Obviously whatever everyone else has to say shouldn’t matter whatsoever cos everyone’s gonna judge regardless. Personally, I wouldn’t wear one because I’m not used to it and it’s quite a quirky thing.
Original post by avacados1
I guess it’s not what people are used to see others wearing normally . Obviously whatever everyone else has to say shouldn’t matter whatsoever cos everyone’s gonna judge regardless. Personally, I wouldn’t wear one because I’m not used to it and it’s quite a quirky thing.

That's true. I may aswell just go out and wear it. I personally love them and I am quite a quirky person.
Original post by harrisong12
My family support me wearing it but what do you guys think?

We don't really care. If you like it, wear it.
Original post by black tea
We don't really care. If you like it, wear it.

Thanks black tea, just needed a bit of reassurance. Thanks for the feedback.
Because of the stereotype of fedora-wearing men that emerged over the internet a while ago
Reply 6
Original post by harrisong12
Hi TSR Members,

I honestly do not get what people's problems are with me wearing a Fedora.

I live in a small village. When I walk outside with my Fedora on people give me funny looks and stare at me. On holiday to America, everyone was complimenting it but when I got back to the UK everything changed.

I love my Fedora. It makes me happy. But I do not get what people's issues are with me wearing it. It is a trendy and stylish hat.

So what is it will all the Fedora hate? Do you guys wear one or know someone to wears one?

I am looking for people opinions who are similar to my age. My family support me wearing it but what do you guys think?

It stands out.

Personally I would continue to wear it. The majority of UK men have the imaginative style of a blind mole, wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans (often visibly cheap).

To be honest the only real opinion that matters is yours and to a lesser degree the opposite sex. Back in 2009 I was but a teen and went through a phase of wearing shirts with skinny ties (it was a thing among indie Americans and I’d seen Jenson Button wearing it and thought it was hot). My friends would take the mick a bit because it looked too formal and a few random guys would give odd looks or mumble.. however random women would complement and I would get numbers ect..

Moral of the story, Mussolini was right. It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand as a sheep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending