The Student Room Group

Hazard perception theory mock test confusion

I took a mock hazard perception theory test on the DVLA website, and I got 5 out of 15 correct, but I am confused because when I went through the revision part afterwards I should have gotten 15/15 because I saw them all and clicked earlier than the computer did...

One thing though, I saw more hazards than the computer said I should have done so I may have over clicked possibly...

Is it me being overly-cautious about hazards or is it the computer?

Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I would recommend the 'click pause click' tactic. Click when you see something that you think could become a hazard, pause (for about a second) and click again if it's become a hazard since your first click. This method worked for me so I hope it works for you... and I didn't get picked up for patterns on my test either.
Original post by AquaGuy
I took a mock hazard perception theory test on the DVLA website, and I got 5 out of 15 correct, but I am confused because when I went through the revision part afterwards I should have gotten 15/15 because I saw them all and clicked earlier than the computer did...

One thing though, I saw more hazards than the computer said I should have done so I may have over clicked possibly...

Is it me being overly-cautious about hazards or is it the computer?

Thanks.

you didnt see more than the computer did. There is only one per clip other than one which has two.
If you're "seeing" more hazards than the program then you're essentially clicking for no reason which is why your score is so low as you're not actually clicking for a hazard. I had trouble with this at first, I used to either click too much for a hazard that I spotted too early or for something that I thought was a hazard but in reality wasn't. Remember there is only one hazard per clip for 13 of them and two in the other one, and they tend to make it something really obvious.
Reply 4
I keep going over the same clips, which probably isn’t the best because I know all the hazards now but even with that I still keep getting bare minimum, if that.
I’ve booked my theory test for very soon and I CNN’s get 50/50 on the multiple choice on the mock tests, that’s easy, but I’m stressing about the hazard perception...how am I finding it so difficult?
Original post by AquaGuy
I keep going over the same clips, which probably isn’t the best because I know all the hazards now but even with that I still keep getting bare minimum, if that.
I’ve booked my theory test for very soon and I CNN’s get 50/50 on the multiple choice on the mock tests, that’s easy, but I’m stressing about the hazard perception...how am I finding it so difficult?

Just keep practicing and you’ll be fine.

The hazard perception in the actual test is sooooo much easier than the one on the app. The hazards are blatant and the car drives so slow so it makes the hazards super obvious. I was struggling with the hazard perception before but managed to get 60/75 on the actual test.
Original post by AquaGuy

You're probably clicking too late then if you're scoring low. When I was teaching my sister, I found some free tests online that actually showed the points you would get for clicking at different times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending