The Student Room Group

Nightmare GCSE exams that you just can't stand. 😡

Hello,
I'm interested in knowing which exams everybody hates and which exams they feel OK with. Therefore, could you please name your3 best exams/the ones you are confident with and your 3 worst exams that you cannot bare. If you have already done your GCSEs, could you do the same but add on a GCSE exam that surprised you (e.g: you thought it would be easy and it was difficult or vice versa). 😄

In addition, any funny or scary stories about exams or exam halls (falling off chairs etc) are more than welcome here!

Thank you and I'll start. 🤔
P.s: If you take/took more than one language GCSE than the exam counts for all languages (i.e: speaking classes for both French and Spanish unless you want to put it as otherwise). 🙃
3 best exams:
French/Spanish writing
Biology Paper 1
English Literature Paper 1

3 worst exams:
English Language Paper 1 (creative writing is not very nice to me). 🤤
French/Spanish speaking (I get incredibly nervous and the General Conversation is horrible).
Physics Paper 1 (I hate physics but this is by far the worst. 😭)
AQA Biology Paper 2. Screw you. I might not be able to do Biology at A-Level because you messed me up bro.
Oh sorry, I got so mad at Bio I didn’t read the OP 😂

My best 3:
AQA English Literature Paper 1
AQA Physics Paper 1
Edexcel History Paper 2

My worst 3:
Edexcel Maths Paper 1
AQA Biology Paper 2
AQA Chemistry Paper 1
Original post by RazzzBerries
AQA Biology Paper 2. Screw you. I might not be able to do Biology at A-Level because you messed me up bro.

Awww Razzz! You shouldn't say that, I'm sure the other paper will get you out of the situation. And you probably did better than you thought... 😄 Hugs. :hugs:

My best 3:
AQA Physics Paper 1
Edexcel History Paper 2

My worst 3:
Edexcel Maths Paper 1
AQA Biology Paper 2
AQA Chemistry Paper 1

I'm glad we both agree on Lit paper 1. 😀
Original post by Roses & Dreams
Awww Razzz! You shouldn't say that, I'm sure the other paper will get you out of the situation. And you probably did better than you thought... 😄 Hugs. :hugs:

Nahhh because Mr AXOLOTL made a surprise appearance and now I’m terrified.

But thanks 😂❤️
I'm glad we both agree on Lit paper 1. 😀

What a blessing of a paper. Hope GBs aren’t too high.
Nahhh because Mr AXOLOTL made a surprise appearance and now I’m terrified.

But thanks 😂❤️

Heard about that. Not fair tbh, but you couldn't have known what was on the paper and trust me, you worked hard Razzz and your grades will show.

What a blessing of a paper. Hope GBs aren’t too high.

I agree, even though I'm a year 9. What novels did you study? I do An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Romeo and Juliet. 😀
Heard about that. Not fair tbh, but you couldn't have known what was on the paper and trust me, you worked hard Razzz and your grades will show.

I agree, even though I'm a year 9. What novels did you study? I do An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Romeo and Juliet. 😀

Awww thanks, so will you!!

😂😂
I do An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Macbeth
I did the Sheila question for AIC, did you? :gah:
I was going offfff. It was so fun 🤣
Reply 9
Notes: All exams were WJEC, Only Chemistry Unit 2 went awful, struggled a little to find the next 2.

Best 3:
- Business Unit 1
- English Language Unit 2
- Maths Unit 1

Worst 3:
- Chemistry Unit 2 (Double Science Unit 5)
- Physics Unit 2 (Double Science Unit 6)
- Additional Maths

Surprised:
- Better than expected: Welsh Unit 3, thought I would die sitting that one but it actually went great.
- Worse than expected: Chemistry Unit 2, legit everything I knew about Chemistry wasn't there, instead a nice chunk of the paper was dedicated to Bucky Balls, yes... BUCKY BALLS.

My best 3:
AQA Physics Paper 1
Edexcel History Paper 2

My worst 3:
Edexcel Maths Paper 1
AQA Biology Paper 2
AQA Chemistry Paper 1

Same for worst 3 cane out crying chem
I did it too but peole said it was limited
Best 3:
-AQA English Lit Paper 2
-Edexcel Biology Paper 1
-AQA French Writing

Worst 3:
-AQA Psychology Paper 1
-Edexcel Maths Paper 3
-OCR Computer Science Paper 1

One that surprised me was definitely Edexcel History Paper 2. The Elizabethan section was... interesting, to say the least!

A story about the exams:
All I can say is... if you haven’t done any of your exams yet (and if you’re doing triple science😂) then prepare for the combined students to make the most noise possible when leaving the exam hall😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Awww thanks, so will you!!

😂😂
I do An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Macbeth
I did the Sheila question for AIC, did you? :gah:
I was going offfff. It was so fun 🤣

I'm in year 9 lol so no I didn't, but out of interest what was the question? 🤔

Original post by The Mogg
Notes: All exams were WJEC, Only Chemistry Unit 2 went awful, struggled a little to find the next 2.

Best 3:
- Business Unit 1
- English Language Unit 2
- Maths Unit 1

Worst 3:
- Chemistry Unit 2 (Double Science Unit 5)
- Physics Unit 2 (Double Science Unit 6)
- Additional Maths

Surprised:
- Better than expected: Welsh Unit 3, thought I would die sitting that one but it actually went great.
- Worse than expected: Chemistry Unit 2, legit everything I knew about Chemistry wasn't there, instead a nice chunk of the paper was dedicated to Bucky Balls, yes... BUCKY BALLS.

What's a bucky ball? 😂

Original post by alice03x
Best 3:
-AQA English Lit Paper 2
-Edexcel Biology Paper 1
-AQA French Writing

Worst 3:
-AQA Psychology Paper 1
-Edexcel Maths Paper 3
-OCR Computer Science Paper 1

One that surprised me was definitely Edexcel History Paper 2. The Elizabethan section was... interesting, to say the least!

A story about the exams:
All I can say is... if you haven’t done any of your exams yet (and if you’re doing triple science😂) then prepare for the combined students to make the most noise possible when leaving the exam hall😂

We pretty much have the same best papers other than Literature Paper 2 (I prefer paper 1, idek why lol.) 😎

Oh goodness, I do triple as well. And my school isn't the best, so people like making noise lmao. I'm done for. 😅
Good luck! You get used to it after a while 😂
how can you all remember😂😂 I’ve buried them so far back that I’m struggling to decide they were all sorta terrible
Original post by alice03x
Good luck! You get used to it after a while 😂

Thank you lol. I was sat in front of a guy who evidently had a bad cold for my English mock. Let's just say I am now prepared for anything. 😲
Thank you lol. I was sat in front of a guy who evidently had a bad cold for my English mock. Let's just say I am now prepared for anything. 😲

The worst!! Good luck aha!
3 Worst Exams
English Language paper 2
Religious studies islam section
Chemistry Paper 2

3 Best Exams
Maths Paper 1
Physics Paper 1
Chemistry Paper 1

Quick Reply

Latest