The Student Room Group

error in online visa application

hello
i applied already my tier 4 visa to study in the uk and while filling my online visa application i made two minor errors in my travel history and the level of qualification when i attended my appointment i asked them if i can change it thy said they dont take the printed visa form they et it online so i dont know what to do now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sallyxla
hello
i applied already my tier 4 visa to study in the uk and while filling my online visa application i made two minor errors in my travel history and the level of qualification when i attended my appointment i asked them if i can change it thy said they dont take the printed visa form they et it online so i dont know what to do now

You have paid the money and already had the intyerview?

You can contact them, but you may need to cancel your application, get a refund and resubmit a fresh one.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Reply 2
i already submitted my visa application the 24/7 in visa center and i emailed the uni and they said they contacted the home office to let them know about the minor errors i made so they make a note while assessing my application, i dont know if its enough even though the mistakes i made are just the level of qualification i put rqf4/scqf7 instead of rqf 7 while i provided them with cas letter and its written in the cass and the travel history about the time i spent in the uk i provided them with my old passport number
Reply 3
Original post by sallyxla
i already submitted my visa application the 24/7 in visa center and i emailed the uni and they said they contacted the home office to let them know about the minor errors i made so they make a note while assessing my application, i dont know if its enough even though the mistakes i made are just the level of qualification i put rqf4/scqf7 instead of rqf 7 while i provided them with cas letter and its written in the cass and the travel history about the time i spent in the uk i provided them with my old passport number

I actually made a minor mistake myself in the travel history, in which for the question regarding travelling to other countries for the past 10 years I answered No when I should have answered Yes. I have already emailed my university and my appointment is this coming Thursday (8th of August).

Apparently from what I've read in countless forums, I'm supposed to upload the printed+corrected application form and a cover letter onto the VFS page. But I'm still waiting for my uni's advice on this. Hopefully everything will be alright, tho. Good luck on your visa and do let us know on the result :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sunduvan
I actually made a minor mistake myself in the travel history, in which for the question regarding travelling to other countries for the past 10 years I answered No when I should have answered Yes. I have already emailed my university and my appointment is this coming Thursday (8th of August).

Apparently from what I've read in countless forums, I'm supposed to upload the printed+corrected application form and a cover letter onto the VFS page. But I'm still waiting for my uni's advice on this. Hopefully everything will be alright, tho. Good luck on your visa and do let us know on the result :smile:

i dunno where are u from but basically i tried to correct my visa application the same way but they told me u cant do it , as it shows up to the caseworker online they only scan the first paper ,my uni suggested to write a covering letter stating the mistakes you made and rectify them if u didn’t attend your appointment still
Reply 5
I’m applying from Malaysia. Where did you apply from?
Reply 6
from morocco
Reply 7
Which uni are you going to?
Reply 8
uclan what about u ?
I also made a mistake in my online application form in the Medical Treatment section. My medical treatment was free under the NHS but I mistakenly ticked yes. I already submitted it so there's no way I can amend the mistake and now am so worried my application might be rejected on the basis of that. Did you guys get your visas at the end then?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
yes i did
Hi

I'm in a similar situation. I mentioned 'No' to the question where they ask if you traveled to any country outside of EEA within last 10 years. Kindly share how you guys tackled your applications. It'd be a great help!

Thanks
Original post by owais1232
Hi

I'm in a similar situation. I mentioned 'No' to the question where they ask if you traveled to any country outside of EEA within last 10 years. Kindly share how you guys tackled your applications. It'd be a great help!

Thanks

Hello there, I also made two mistakes in my application. It is about my family in the UK and the question about my maintenance funds...
I just paid for my IHS fees, but not yet submitted my application.
Could I know do you manage to get your visa or you started a new application whilst waiting for the refunds?
Hi
Pleas contact the visa department of your university. They were really helpful to me.
Original post by Ethylethanoate
Hello there, I also made two mistakes in my application. It is about my family in the UK and the question about my maintenance funds...
I just paid for my IHS fees, but not yet submitted my application.
Could I know do you manage to get your visa or you started a new application whilst waiting for the refunds?

I continued with the same application. My university's visa tean (Uni of Strathclyde) contacted the UKVI on my behalf. UKVI suggested them to contact again with clarification once my biometrics were done. And yes I got the visa yesterday. Don't cancel this application, please contact your uni!

Hope it helps and try not to worry.
Contact a UK Lawyer see what they can do for you ?
Well, thank you so much for the reply :smile:
I contacted my Uni, they stated my mistakes are quite fundamental, it was risky to correct it in person, so they suggested me to submit a fresh application. That's what I did.
UKVI also mentioned that my paid IHS fees would be "automatically orphaned refunded" to me within six weeks.
I would say if you're in the position of repaying the fees, it is safer to do so. However, if your mistakes are small, it's okay to write a cover letter explaining the mistakes. Upload it along with your supporting documents.
Hope this is useful. ^^
Original post by Ethylethanoate
Well, thank you so much for the reply :smile:
I contacted my Uni, they stated my mistakes are quite fundamental, it was risky to correct it in person, so they suggested me to submit a fresh application. That's what I did.
UKVI also mentioned that my paid IHS fees would be "automatically orphaned refunded" to me within six weeks.
I would say if you're in the position of repaying the fees, it is safer to do so. However, if your mistakes are small, it's okay to write a cover letter explaining the mistakes. Upload it along with your supporting documents.
Hope this is useful. ^^

Amazing! Glad to know it's all sorted out. I missed to mention the trip to a country outside of EEA. And yeah that's what I did, submitted a cover letter explaining my issue.

Afraid it's a bit late for that since I got the visa 😁
Best of luck 👍
Hi there, I made a mistake in my tier 4 application form which is about an question! The question about a university fees. have you or your parents or legal guardian have paid any of you tuition fees?”. For this I answered NO but I paid more than half of my course fees. And also it is clearly mentioned on my CAS letter. Please suggest me what to do next!Thanks
Please email your university. They have a dedicated visa guidance department.
And in the meantime try not to worry : )

Quick Reply