The Student Room Group

GCSE 2019 Exams

How did you find these?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyle McNeil
(FOR PEOPLE WHO TOOK GCSEs THIS YEAR)

Hello, I would like to ask you if you can remember any of the Exam questions in the AQA English Language/Literature, Edexcel Maths or OCR Gateway Combined Science papers as I really want to see the Exam papers online.

Trying to cheat in your mocks?
what texts do you study for Lit? I did macbeth, Jekyll& Hyde, an inspector and power and conflict poems
Original post by piinkmatter
what texts do you study for Lit? I did macbeth, Jekyll& Hyde, an inspector and power and conflict poems

Hello, I've just finished Year 9 and going into Year 10 so I am going to start studying it in September. I know that I am going to study A Christmas Carol, Macbeth and more I don't know yet.
Hello, I've just finished Year 9 and going into Year 10 so I am going to start studying it in September. I know that I am going to study A Christmas Carol, Macbeth and more I don't know yet.

Why do you want access to the 2019 exams if you haven’t started the course? If you want to see what papers look like, scroll down to papers that aren’t locked so that you have some fair mocks while still know what it looks like if you really care that much.
Original post by jduxie4414
Why do you want access to the 2019 exams if you haven’t started the course? If you want to see what papers look like, scroll down to papers that aren’t locked so that you have some fair mocks while still know what it looks like if you really care that much.

The teachers at my school said to use past papers and they even said that I need to try and pass it.
The teachers at my school said to use past papers and they even said that I need to try and pass it.

You do realise there are more than 1 sets of past papers? As I have said very clearly in the other forum you are using to get the answers, they are locked so that schools have at least 1 set of papers available for mocks that students can't use. So try using older papers, like 2018 which are readily available :smile:
sorry, don't think anyone's going to say. you can't cheat and anyway you haven't really started the course fully so there is no purpose for you to know the exam questions. you can access 2018 papers and other papers on the AQA website though.
Sorry :frown:
Trust me you’d rather fail in a mock and know where you went wrong than knwo the answers before the mock and fail the real thing
i don't get why people are holding the questions hostage lmao yeah they've barely started the course but it's not that deep sorry for everyone being so stingy. The macbeth question this year was how is macbeth presented as violent in the extract & the play as a whole. The extract was the act 1 scene 2 hope that helps
the literature question for romeo and juliet was "how does shakespeare present the love between lady capulet and macbeth in the masquerade scene" ur welcome.
the papers are coming out to public in like a year yknow lol
There are loads of past papers online - if you’re going into year 10 then I’m assuming that you’re not taking your English GCSEs until year 11? If so, the 2018 papers are available online, and the 2019 ones should be available May 2020. Plus, there’s the 2017 papers and other specimens on the exam board specific websites.
i don't get why people are holding the questions hostage lmao yeah they've barely started the course but it's not that deep sorry for everyone being so stingy.

but why would you just let them get good grades without even trying like the rest?
Original post by mez_merising
but why would you just let them get good grades without even trying like the rest?

Im not being funny but how does that affect you? Knowing the question doesn't mean you'll ace the exam and i only gave one question out of the other 5 questions you need to answer in the lit paper. Why be hostile over something that won't harm you at all? If they want to get a feel of what the questions can be like and all that seeing as this is the new spec there shouldn't be an issue
Im not being funny but how does that affect you? Knowing the question doesn't mean you'll ace the exam and i only gave one question out of the other 5 questions you need to answer in the lit paper. Why be hostile over something that won't harm you at all? If they want to get a feel of what the questions can be like and all that seeing as this is the new spec there shouldn't be an issue

doesn't affect me, just don't like seeing people cheat. and you make a good point, its true it doesn't mean you'll ace the exam but you should be prepared to answer anything in the real exam so at the end of the day its doing them a favour really. and i wasn't being hostile? plus like others have said, there are many spec papers and past papers available, as well as free online resources like on youtube so there are plenty of things they can use to get a feel of the new spec without accessing locked papers.
was that for edexcel
i don't get why people are holding the questions hostage lmao yeah they've barely started the course but it's not that deep sorry for everyone being so stingy. The macbeth question this year was how is macbeth presented as violent in the extract & the play as a whole. The extract was the act 1 scene 2 hope that helps

is that for edexcel
Original post by poopnude
is that for edexcel

AQA

Quick Reply

Latest