The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering 2020

Thought I would create a thread so that everyone thinking about picking chemical engineering can have a chat :biggrin:

What is everybody's predicted grades and where do you plan on going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I want to go either Heriot watt, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Strathclyde and will be predicted AAB :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I've added this to the list :yay: :woo:
Anybody applying for chemical engineering this year. I can’t find a thread on this so why not make one🙂
Original post by avacados1234
Anybody applying for chemical engineering this year. I can’t find a thread on this so why not make one🙂

Hi, I've merged this thread with the existing one.
Original post by Smack
Hi, I've merged this thread with the existing one.

Thanks 😁
Predicted grades will probably be A*A*Aa
Applying for Cambridge and Imperial this year and then Cambridge, Imperial, Bath and 2 more that I haven’t thought of , post a levels. That’s obviously if I get rejected by both this year which is probz gonna happen 🙃
Reply 7
Haven't got predicted grades yet cause they are based on my AS levels but am hoping for 2A*'s 2A's. Hoping to apply for ; Cambridge (Magdalene), imperial, UCL and sheffield
Original post by Abi-S01
Haven't got predicted grades yet cause they are based on my AS levels but am hoping for 2A*'s 2A's. Hoping to apply for ; Cambridge (Magdalene), imperial, UCL and sheffield

I’m applying for Magdalene as well 😁
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by avacados1
I’m applying for Magdalene as well 😁

You going for engineering route or NAT sci?
I'm applying via NAT sci
Original post by Abi-S01
You going for engineering route or NAT sci?
I'm applying via NAT sci

Natsci as well
Do u do maths, fm, physics and chem
Close 😂😂
Maths, chem, bio and physics (alevel)
But I'm also doing AS level further maths next year
Original post by Abi-S01
Close 😂😂
Maths, chem, bio and physics (alevel)
But I'm also doing AS level further maths next year

Oh that’s quite a wide range of subjects. I just started as further maths in May
Oh that’s quite a wide range of subjects. I just started as further maths in May

Thanks but it's too much work😭😭😭
I would've taken FM for A2 but I didn't really know what I wanted to do at the start of year 12 so I tried to pick subjects which kept my options open. Hopefully it doesn't put me at too much of a disadvantage. Btw why Magdalene?
Original post by Abi-S01
Thanks but it's too much work😭😭😭
I would've taken FM for A2 but I didn't really know what I wanted to do at the start of year 12 so I tried to pick subjects which kept my options open. Hopefully it doesn't put me at too much of a disadvantage. Btw why Magdalene?

I regret not taking the full further maths a level every day of my life tbh. I kinda had no means to eliminate any so I took off few for high rent, few for private to public school ratio, loads more for being too big, then I looked at this website for statistics and just went right I’ll just go for Magdalene. I donno whether I’m gonna change it for an open application because I need to talk to someone at college about that but if i don’t it will be Magdalene.
Why did u choose Magdalene ?
Why did u choose Magdalene ?

I was considering doing an open application, but some colleges required A2 FM and STEP, so if I get put into those ones I'll be rejected. In the end I looked at which ones gave the most offers the last couple of years and out of those I just chose magdalene cause of sport😅😂😂
In terms of public/private school, I've read that they have a slight bias towards private school students. I go to a grammar school but it's also a state school so I've got no clue how they'll judge me. What's your school like ?
Original post by Abi-S01
I was considering doing an open application, but some colleges required A2 FM and STEP, so if I get put into those ones I'll be rejected. In the end I looked at which ones gave the most offers the last couple of years and out of those I just chose magdalene cause of sport😅😂😂
In terms of public/private school, I've read that they have a slight bias towards private school students. I go to a grammar school but it's also a state school so I've got no clue how they'll judge me. What's your school like ?

Tbf the private: state didn’t really bother me that much , it’s just I had to eliminate them somehow. I go to a state college, but it’s got a solid rep of sending students to Oxford and Cambridge. Well if open offers might require A2 fm, then I won’t be doing that and defo not step. I’ve been reading around quite a bit but I haven’t heard of step or a2 fm that strictly, do u know where u read that?
Tbf the private: state didn’t really bother me that much , it’s just I had to eliminate them somehow. I go to a state college, but it’s got a solid rep of sending students to Oxford and Cambridge. Well if open offers might require A2 fm, then I won’t be doing that and defo not step. I’ve been reading around quite a bit but I haven’t heard of step or a2 fm that strictly, do u know where u read that?

I'm pretty sure that in the college requirements trinity said it required STEP. The individual college requirements should be online.

Quick Reply

Latest