The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths Teachers

Is there anyone on here with access to Edexcel Online? It would be greatly appreciated :smile:

@Rabbibil V2
(edited 4 years ago)
Screenshot 2019-07-31 22.39.03.png
Hello, I am also studying the GCSE Edexcel Mathematics and I would like to see the 2019 papers but I understand that it's Teachers only. The disadvantage of seeing the 2019 papers is that I might pass a Mock Exam but then I might fail the Real Exam so i'd just wait to next year to see it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kyle McNeil
Screenshot 2019-07-31 22.39.03.png
Hello, I am also studying the GCSE Edexcel Mathematics and I really want to see the 2019 papers. I seem to have access to the 2018 papers so I think I will have access to the 2019 papers in the future. Maybe after GCSE Results Day 2019!

You want this to cheat in your mocks. I have taken this exam as my actual GCSE by putting in real work and I want to check some questions to see where I would get marks.
Original post by jduxie4414
You want this to cheat in your mocks. I have taken this exam as my actual GCSE by putting in real work and I want to check some questions to see where I would get marks.

(Edited)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
This isn't really cheating, it is revising and even teachers said at my school to use past papers to help you revise.

Edexcel have loads of past papers to help you revise, the whole point of the newest ones being locked is so that schools have a copy that students can’t access to... guess what... stop cheating. By all means use past papers, but from your other forums you’re in ywar 9 and really have no need to use the 2019 papers yet, let alone revise.
Reply 5
This isn't really cheating, it is revising and even teachers said at my school to use past papers to help you revise.

It is cheating as you and I both know that they are likely to use these papers in your mocks
Reply 6

And also, for edexcel, they release access to locked papers 9 months after the series, so the 2019 papers will be available for you to revise in about January... hope this helps! :smile:

I just need the mark scheme to help me stop worrying before results about a couple method marks.
Reply 7

As someone who just sat their GCSEs, people who used the 2018 papers to revise for the November 2018 mocks did well in the mocks, and then found the actual GCSEs really difficult, as they had a false sense of security.
By all means, use any past papers you can find online, but don’t try and find this year’s. It will only make your GCSEs harder.
Reply 8
Original post by alice03x
As someone who just sat their GCSEs, people who used the 2018 papers to revise for the November 2018 mocks did well in the mocks, and then found the actual GCSEs really difficult, as they had a false sense of security.
By all means, use any past papers you can find online, but don’t try and find this year’s. It will only make your GCSEs harder.

Exactly! I sat the paper this year and just want to see where I will get some method marks as I’m really stressing as I’m borderline on a grade. How did you find it? x
Reply 9
Original post by jduxie4414
Exactly! I sat the paper this year and just want to see where I will get some method marks as I’m really stressing as I’m borderline on a grade. How did you find it? x

Honestly I found it really hard! Especially Paper 3 - I didn’t even finish it all :s-smilie: I’m hoping the grade boundaries will be the same as last year/lower 😂
Original post by alice03x
Honestly I found it really hard! Especially Paper 3 - I didn’t even finish it all :s-smilie: I’m hoping the grade boundaries will be the same as last year/lower 😂

Pm me!
I did these papers for my actual GCSES this year and I am going to tell you now that edexcel only release the most recent papers that have been sat the following year at around April (This does not include AQA or OCR which release their most recent papers on the 1st of May each year). Eduqas on the other hand releases their most recent papers in March with their examiner reports being released on results day each year. If you are looking for Edexcel math papers for this year then just go to youtube
Original post by CurryCurry2468
I did these papers for my actual GCSES this year and I am going to tell you now that edexcel only release the most recent papers that have been sat the following year at around April (This does not include AQA or OCR which release their most recent papers on the 1st of May each year). Eduqas on the other hand releases their most recent papers in March with their examiner reports being released on results day each year. If you are looking for Edexcel math papers for this year then just go to youtube

I’ve got the mark scheme... Edexcel have them online but locked to teachers only from just after the exam and then they unlock them to students in April.

Quick Reply

Latest