The Student Room Group

Iranian Women Face 10 Years Imprisonment for Sharing Videos of Hijab Removal

This is several steps in the wrong direction, people being punished for not wearing something that disturbs there freedom, and of course, the sexism of this matter will just fly over many heads like a seagull that just stole someone's ice cream cone.

I just feel pity for Iran, they still haven't reached the age of reason, the aching claw of 7th century Arabia is still clinging onto their minds like non-life threatening yet extremely bothersome benign tumour.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/29/iranian-women-face-10-years-sharing-videos-hijab-removal/
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TheNamesBond.
This is several steps in the wrong direction, people being punished for not wearing something that disturbs there freedom.

I just feel pity for Iran, they still haven't reached the age of reason.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/29/iranian-women-face-10-years-sharing-videos-hijab-removal/

:eek::frown:
I just feel pity for Iran, they still haven't reached the age of reason, the aching claw of 7th century Arabia is still clinging onto their minds like non-life threatening yet extremely bothersome benign tumour.

They reached it in the 70s or so.

interesting
This is a sign of when you let extremists take power, instead of going forward, you go backwards.
Reply 5
This is several steps in the wrong direction, people being punished for not wearing something that disturbs there freedom, and of course, the sexism of this matter will just fly over many heads like a seagull that just stole someone's ice cream cone.

I'm curious what the rest of this story is as people regularly remove their hijab in Iran and only get a scolding for it usually.

You do know, compared to Britain, Irans cultural identity is vast right? I mean their civilisation goes back millenia. Nevermind only someone truly ignorant of Iranian history would try and make the case that Islam is the sum of Iran. Utterly ridiculous comment.

Reply 6
Having finished reading the article the title is more than a bit misleading...
Reply 7

because this one is getting a political movement that's why government takes it so hard it's not just about the hijab thing I'm not supporting anything I've just said what I know about this whole thing
It’s almost like the problem isn’t Islam/the hijab/concept of the hijab, but governments’ ability to control it.
Original post by Napp
I'm curious what the rest of this story is as people regularly remove their hijab in Iran and only get a scolding for it usually.
You do know, compared to Britain, Irans cultural identity is vast right? I mean their civilisation goes back millenia. Nevermind only someone truly ignorant of Iranian history would try and make the case that Islam is the sum of Iran. Utterly ridiculous comment.

I fail to see your point.

The government clearly said their piece in that article, you could face punishment for sharing videos of hijab removal and for removing your hijab.

So clearly Iran isn't as joyful as you put it out to be.

In other words, what you said in that post there seems to not even make a point, it just says things that aren't relevant like the fact that women regularly take off their hijab.

So what, the government has just said you could face criminal charges for such an abhorrent action, nevermind the people of Iran regularly take off their hijab.

What does Irans cultural identity have to do with anything? You're missing the point, the point isn't how diverse Iran is or how Islamic the country is, it's the fact that the government has said you could face charges for taking off a scarf, that's the point of this post.

I think I've said that quite a few times now, let's see if it has entered your cranium.

I wonder if you ever actually fully understand a post about this sort of thing, or do you just get so personally attacked by it that you end up in some malfunction of sorts.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Napp
Having finished reading the article the title is more than a bit misleading...

Really, well, I must be reading the wrong article!

"As Masih Alinejad has a contract with the Americans, all those women who send the video footages of removing their hijab to her will be sentenced between one to 10 years of jail according to the article 508 of the Islamic Criminal Justice Act,” the head of Tehran’s Court of Revolution cleric Mousa Ghazanfarabadi told Fars news.

Wait, am I taking it out of context?
Reply 11
I fail to see your point.

Of course you do :rolleyes:

The government clearly said their piece in that article, you could face punishment for sharing videos of hijab removal and for removing your hijab.
Err read it slightly more closely..

So clearly Iran isn't as joyful as you put it out to be.

What are you babbling about?

In other words, what you said in that post there seems to not even make a point, it just says things that aren't relevant like the fact that women regularly take off their hijab.

Err no that is quite relevant to your rather amusing 'point' :lol:

So what, the government has just said you could face criminal charges for such an abhorrent action, nevermind the people of Iran regularly take off their hijab.

do i really need to point out how that is wrong?

What does Irans cultural identity have to do with anything? You're missing the point, the point isn't how diverse Iran is or how Islamic the country is, it's the fact that the government has said you could face charges for taking off a scarf, that's the point of this post.

Took your time in actually stating the point. Aside from the fact that this dubious article was actually about an effective foreigner and how the government actually was more concerned about her being a foreign agent (really did you even bother to read the article you posted?) and as i said the government obviously doesnt care that much about people taking off their headscarves or they would be jailing women left and right for it - which they arent.

I think I've said that quite a few times now, let's see if it has entered your cranium.

Pray tell if you can actually point to where the cranium is on the body :lol:

I wonder if you ever actually fully understand a post about this sort of thing, or do you just get so personally attacked by it that you end up in some malfunction of sorts.

Bless you :lol: , the fact you've already demonstrated you dont know a single thing about Iran is one thing but do you really need to hammer that point home by your only "point" being a personal attack? Even someone like you should know that petulant ad hominems not only lose you the debate but show you up for knowing nothing on which you attempt to profess your 'knowledge'.
Reply 12
Really, well, I must be reading the wrong article!

"As Masih Alinejad has a contract with the Americans, all those women who send the video footages of removing their hijab to her will be sentenced between one to 10 years of jail according to the article 508 of the Islamic Criminal Justice Act,” the head of Tehran’s Court of Revolution cleric Mousa Ghazanfarabadi told Fars news.

Wait, am I taking it out of context?

by highlighting the wrong bit kiddo.
Iran and North Korea are two countries where the government is shameful to the whole world and have a large amount of human rights abuses. These governments have no sense of respect or humanity and should be abolished. Utter disgrace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending