The Student Room Group

My (very boring) GCSE GYG -- Year 11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RyanC_
Yeah that is definitely a big positive, Business/Enterprise was one of the lessons I preferred (especially the financial aspects 😂) and yeah I know some basic terminology and I still have my revision book to refer to if I wanted to.

Yh! Kl
Original post by RyanC_
We never had an option to do it as a GCSE but I did do it as a BTEC which ended this year. However, it's really confusing to explain because the exam thingy we were doing changed to "Promotion and Finance for Enterprise" in Year 10 so we basically had 1 year to do 2 years worth of work.. and because of this we don't get any certificates or even find out our final grades for our coursework until results day in 2020.. at least I don't think so.. We did do an exam which for some reason we got the final grade for and it went really well :biggrin: so that's good. Basically, that long explanation was to tell you that I now like Business/Finance which is why I'm choosing A Levels in those areas.. I hope it isn't too hard since I will have missed a year doing it (in Y11) and it was only a BTEC.. Oh well 😂

Yay :smile: .. just realised I'm actually blind and that you said you would like a tag earlier 😂. Thank you :biggrin:

Alll of these videos are so weird but also interesting 😂I have watched a few for geography before but not really french. Merci beaucoup! 😂

Thank you :biggrin: you both can too :yeah:

De rien. 😄
We get worse as well... lol. 🤔
Reply 22
Original post by Roses &amp
De rien. 😄
We get worse as well... lol. 🤔

😱😂😂
Reply 23
2F3D7A12-FF81-4827-8D6B-9FFF8B6E45D2.jpg.jpeg

BTW I just wanted to ask, is this how flash cards are meant to be made ... I’ve never really properly made any helpful ones and this was just my guess.. the first two show the front and the last 2 are the back. They could be more creative but I’m not so this can do 😂
Original post by RyanC_
2F3D7A12-FF81-4827-8D6B-9FFF8B6E45D2.jpg.jpeg

BTW I just wanted to ask, is this how flash cards are meant to be made ... I’ve never really properly made any helpful ones and this was just my guess.. the first two show the front and the last 2 are the back. They could be more creative but I’m not so this can do 😂

They look better than mine so keep up with it. And your handwriting is so neat, I'm jealous.

My Spanish ones are horrendous. I was rushing them 2 days ago in the morning. 😟
Bruvvv looking at these pictures...
I’m DONE with physics! Never have to do it again!

Omg u k wat, both our physics exams required the equations at the back of the paper...we didn’t have to memorise any!

But that doesn’t mean u don’t have to 😠😏☺️
It’s so much easier to ask ur teacher what equations will be given on the gcse paper and what won’t
So u don’t have to memorise those but u memorise the others

If u do edexcel combined then I can send u something
But if not then ask ur teacher
RyanC
Everyone says u gave to make colourful notes and dat
Wat u’ve done is good! Like at least ur making notes and those will help u so much

Remember how I was like after ur 11 I couldn’t be asked AT ALL... Yh all my notes were in black pen

On a flashcard Yh u don’t need to add color
But like mind maps and dat it would be helpful to highlight or wrote in coloured pen to see stuff clearly
But u can just use a black or blue pen and highlight

If ur not bothered
Original post by Sannah 21
It’s so much easier to ask ur teacher what equations will be given on the gcse paper and what won’t

He does AQA but the equations on the back of the edexcel papers aren't all of the ones you need to know. There are some you need to memorize and some that are given on the paper.
Original post by maschro
He does AQA but the equations on the back of the edexcel papers aren't all of the ones you need to know. There are some you need to memorize and some that are given on the paper.

Yh but u can memorise the ones that aren’t there
But the units aren’t given on the equations on the paper so memorise units

But u k u can memorise all if u want... I’m just saying
Reply 30
Original post by Roses & Dreams
They look better than mine so keep up with it. And your handwriting is so neat, I'm jealous.

My Spanish ones are horrendous. I was rushing them 2 days ago in the morning. 😟

Thanks :biggrin: my handwriting has improved so much this year.. Thanks for the idea that you have now given me of making ones for French 😂I think I'm gonna make a to do list.

Like @maschro said, I am doing AQA but there luckily is lists of equations that we have to memorise and ones we don't so I'm only gonna write the ones we do. IK this is kinda weird for me to want to happen but I really want the test to be full of equation questions 😂like the only reason I got predicted a grade 7 in physics is because we did a test that was 90% equation questions.

RyanC
Everyone says u gave to make colourful notes and dat
Wat u’ve done is good! Like at least ur making notes and those will help u so much

Remember how I was like after ur 11 I couldn’t be asked AT ALL... Yh all my notes were in black pen

On a flashcard Yh u don’t need to add color
But like mind maps and dat it would be helpful to highlight or wrote in coloured pen to see stuff clearly
But u can just use a black or blue pen and highlight

If ur not bothered

I've told myself not to make colourful flashcards because I am a perfectionist so if they look a bit off or I mess up one letter it has to be fully redone 😂.. I'm loving how mine are going rn tho :smile: Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------
Knowing me this is all I'll do to help in the summer and then I will use the excuse that like 30 flashcards + some reading is better than nothing when its not really all that much :colone:. I have cleaned my room and desk though so that's something else I have checked off the list :biggrin: + "accidentally" ordered some stuff off ebay and this random stationery website that I definitely (really dont) need for school :ahee: .
Original post by RyanC_
I've told myself not to make colourful flashcards because I am a perfectionist so if they look a bit off or I mess up one letter it has to be fully redone 😂.. I'm loving how mine are going rn tho :smile: Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------
Knowing me this is all I'll do to help in the summer and then I will use the excuse that like 30 flashcards + some reading is better than nothing when its not really all that much :colone:. I have cleaned my room and desk though so that's something else I have checked off the list :biggrin: + "accidentally" ordered some stuff off ebay and this random stationery website that I definitely (really dont) need for school :ahee: .

Ur welcome!
And also Yh wat ur doing is enough!
Loool I’m a perfectionist too 😂 that’s a reason y my notes were in black pen coz then it would take WAY too long 😌

About physics omgggg I loved equation questions and rearranging they were sooo easy! I was SOO pissed off when on our 2 physics papers we only got to use the equations at the back coz I liked memorising them. But there was ALOT of rearranging which was fun!
But u k how u do topic tests in class Yh um the equations given on the gcse paper may not be given on ur class tests coz maybe ur teacher wants to be extra and make u memorise the wrong thing 😒
Do u think that’ll happen? U can ask ur teacher wen u start yr 11 but that might be unlikely

Lol maybe u can tell by now I think too much of the slightest things and lol that’s part of y my notes weren’t colourful coz I’d constantly be thinking ‘should I have used this colour? It doesn’t match with the others Urghh this is a mess’ 😂😂😂

Lool enough talking...hope I Helped! Lol (don’t think I did) but u have someone to chat to 😂😂
Tag me
Original post by yaseen1000
Tag me

Who?
Tag me to this thread please Ryan C
Reply 35
Ur welcome!
And also Yh wat ur doing is enough!
Loool I’m a perfectionist too 😂 that’s a reason y my notes were in black pen coz then it would take WAY too long 😌

About physics omgggg I loved equation questions and rearranging they were sooo easy! I was SOO pissed off when on our 2 physics papers we only got to use the equations at the back coz I liked memorising them. But there was ALOT of rearranging which was fun!
But u k how u do topic tests in class Yh um the equations given on the gcse paper may not be given on ur class tests coz maybe ur teacher wants to be extra and make u memorise the wrong thing 😒
Do u think that’ll happen? U can ask ur teacher wen u start yr 11 but that might be unlikely

Lol maybe u can tell by now I think too much of the slightest things and lol that’s part of y my notes weren’t colourful coz I’d constantly be thinking ‘should I have used this colour? It doesn’t match with the others Urghh this is a mess’ 😂😂😂

Lool enough talking...hope I Helped! Lol (don’t think I did) but u have someone to chat to 😂😂

Even in black/blue it seems to take me forever 😂I think as my handwriting has improved so has how much my perfectionism affects me (more and more).. Revising all of the equations is probably too much like there is 23 but better be safe than sorry in the exam I suppose.. knowing these exam boards like 3 will probably get picked 😂.

Don't worry about it! :smile: I do think a lot of the tiniest things too.. part of the reason why it takes me a long time to reply 😂😂

You have helped me :biggrin: its great when you know people are interested like you are! IDK if I ever asked, but would you like a tag?
Reply 36
Original post by yaseen1000
Tag me to this thread please Ryan C

I will when I next do a proper update (on Wednesday) :biggrin: thanks!
Original post by RyanC_
Even in black/blue it seems to take me forever 😂I think as my handwriting has improved so has how much my perfectionism affects me (more and more).. Revising all of the equations is probably too much like there is 23 but better be safe than sorry in the exam I suppose.. knowing these exam boards like 3 will probably get picked 😂.

Don't worry about it! :smile: I do think a lot of the tiniest things too.. part of the reason why it takes me a long time to reply 😂😂

You have helped me :biggrin: its great when you know people are interested like you are! IDK if I ever asked, but would you like a tag?

Nah it’s fine don’t tag me
Lol glad I helped!
Reply 38
Nah it’s fine don’t tag me
Lol glad I helped!

Ok :smile:
Hey! To help for yr 11....
Idk if ive already said this
But download the specification and use it as a checklist
That really helps!

Quick Reply