The Student Room Group

Hair disaster!!!! Helppp

So i had a bit of a mid life crisis moment and dyed my hair from bleach blonde to brown.
I hate it! It makes me look so pale and the colours not even on it at all. It's gone green at the back!!
I really regret doing it and i want to go back blonde.

I know it will damage my hair, at this point i don't really care.
What's the cheapest and quickest way to go back blonde at home via box dyes etc?

can anyone suggest what in the bloody hell i can do to sort this out please?
Reply 1
Go to ur hairdresser
Reply 2
The health of your hair is so important. The reason the brown may look bad is because you haven’t picked the right tone for your undertones. Maybe try and tone it before dying it. Box dye is always a bad idea so maybe get it professionally done. Try natural methods too for hair lightening such as honey, cinnamon, ACV and lemon juice. Try and use homemade hair masks for your hair health too
As it's gone green, your best bet is the hairdresser to fix it.
I reckon box dyes will much it up more
I agree with the others. It would be cheaper and safer in the long run to get your hair seen to be a hairdresser now. :smile:
Hi,
You should go to the hairdresser!
Before dying your hair again you should try to wash off as much brown dye as you can so just look up ways to wash off the dye first.
Original post by kate1039
So i had a bit of a mid life crisis moment and dyed my hair from bleach blonde to brown.
I hate it! It makes me look so pale and the colours not even on it at all. It's gone green at the back!!
I really regret doing it and i want to go back blonde.

I know it will damage my hair, at this point i don't really care.
What's the cheapest and quickest way to go back blonde at home via box dyes etc?

can anyone suggest what in the bloody hell i can do to sort this out please?

Shave it off completely and go bald till it grows back. I did that when the hair got too long and I didn’t want to risk a hair disaster lol.
Original post by boulderingislife
Shave it off completely and go bald till it grows back. I did that when the hair got too long and I didn’t want to risk a hair disaster lol.

Hopefully she's sorted it by now lol
honestly the best thing you can do now is leave it and wait until hairdressers open again next month! they will be able to get you back to the blonde you want, maybe in a few sessions, in a way that will leave your hair healthy and not snap it off like it will if you bleach at home now! in the meantime, buy yourself some products like olaplex no. 3 and 6 along with the matching shampoo and conditioner if you can afford to, if not try the shea moisture products or moroccan oil. these will help get your hair into a condition where it is healthy enough to bleach again and the blonde you want should be achieved a lot more easily in a hairdressers. good luck, stay away from box dye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest