The Student Room Group

Are London Universities Worth going to?

I've currently got a place at Bristol University to study economics with a year in France. However, I live very close to Bristol so I am considering going through adjustment as I think I will get good A-levels (A*AAA in maths, chem, phys and AS further maths). I want to change city and still go to a prestigious university. I am wondering whether London unis such as LSE and UCL are still good fun to go to and not too expensive as I've heard a lot of negative things from people who went to London Universities.
Do people think UCL and LSE will give me better qualifications then Bristol for economics and is it worth living in London to get that qualification?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Original post by Crapaud8
I've currently got a place at Bristol University to study economics with a year in France. However, I live very close to Bristol so I am considering going through adjustment as I think I will get good A-levels (A*AAA in maths, chem, phys and AS further maths). I want to change city and still go to a prestigious university. I am wondering whether London unis such as LSE and UCL are still good fun to go to and not too expensive as I've heard a lot of negative things from people who went to London Universities.
Do people think UCL and LSE will give me better qualifications then Bristol for economics and is it worth living in London to get that qualification?
Any advice is much appreciated.

only one A* is impressive but isn't that special tbh, plenty of Bristolians will have those grades. i would avoid London like the plague.
Reply 2
Original post by A Rolling Stone
only one A* is impressive but isn't that special tbh, plenty of Bristolians will have those grades. i would avoid London like the plague.

Yeah, one A* is the min I was predicting myself. I think I could get one in maths and physics. But avoid London is pretty much all the advice I've been hearing 😂
Reply 3
tbh theres acc bare ppl whod rather london than bristol...juss depends on the kinda person you are

Original post by A Rolling Stone

Yeah, one A* is the min I was predicting myself. I think I could get one in maths and physics. But avoid London is pretty much all the advice I've been hearing 😂
Reply 4
Original post by syrup!
tbh theres acc bare ppl whod rather london than bristol...juss depends on the kinda person you are

Yeah, it's really only because I live in Bristol already that ik considering London.
Reply 5
Yeah, it's really only because I live in Bristol already that ik considering London.

are you gonna go thru adjustment??
Reply 6
Original post by syrup!
are you gonna go thru adjustment??

I'm going to try but ibdont think UCL or LSE do so I might try again next year based on my results and whether London unis are worth going to
Reply 7
I'm going to try but ibdont think UCL or LSE do so I might try again next year based on my results and whether London unis are worth going to

UCL do, LSE never do
Original post by timif1
UCL do, LSE never do

UCL don't either for Econ:

"Q: Is it possible to apply for the BSc (Econ) degree programmes through the UCAS Adjustment process or Clearing?
A: The number of offers made exceeds the number of places available to allow for those who choose to go elsewhere or do not meet their offer conditions. This means that we never have any available places in August/September and do not participate in either the Adjustment process or Clearing, nor do we operate a waiting list."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending