The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2020

Hi! so I decided to create this for those who begin year 11 in September and do their exams in 2020. You can share your worries, advice, revision tips, any work questions you are stuck with and the rest....

Scroll to see replies

Hi!!
I’m so worried about next year. Even though I tried my hardest I did so bad in mocks this year and I’m scared it’s going to repeat itself next year. If you don’t mind me asking what did you get in mocks? I got

Art-7
Biology-5
Chemistry-5 (even though I was so confident with the exam)
English Language-5
English Literature-5(I answered the poem question wrong so I’m not too bothered)
Maths-5(I don’t revise for it at all, I really should)
Physics-4
Rs-4(did an exam after, got a 9)
Spanish-3(one mark off 4, didn’t revise at all)
I also now get extra time because they found out I have dyslexia sooo I hope that helps next year:smile:
Reply 2
Art - 7
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Biology - 8
English literature - 6
English language - 7
Re - 7
History - 7
Sports - distinction
Maths - 5 ( I didn’t revise for it either!!)

I did well on my mocks but I’m so nervous I won’t pass the real exams!! I have dyscalculia (dyslexic got maths basically) so my maths is my least favourite subject but I need to work on it so much!!
Reply 4
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6041100&page=2
Please check this out!

I read this yesterday! It’s so helpful and honestly the best advice I’ve gotten about year 11 so far! Thankyou
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Does anybody study Macbeth, blood brothers and/or a Christmas carol in English?
Reply 7
Original post by shady1402
Hi!!
I’m so worried about next year. Even though I tried my hardest I did so bad in mocks this year and I’m scared it’s going to repeat itself next year. If you don’t mind me asking what did you get in mocks? I got

Art-7
Biology-5
Chemistry-5 (even though I was so confident with the exam)
English Language-5
English Literature-5(I answered the poem question wrong so I’m not too bothered)
Maths-5(I don’t revise for it at all, I really should)
Physics-4
Rs-4(did an exam after, got a 9)
Spanish-3(one mark off 4, didn’t revise at all)
I also now get extra time because they found out I have dyslexia sooo I hope that helps next year:smile:

Sounds like if you revise you'll do quite well.
how did you do so well in science!! I'm so shocked they are such good grades. and same, I dislike maths so much, one test in year 10 I decided to revise for it and I got a 7, but I just hate revising for it so I just don't do it, which is bad
Original post by Elle.c
Does anybody study Macbeth, blood brothers and/or a Christmas carol in English?

I study Macbeth
Reply 10
Original post by SlightlySummer
I study Macbeth

How do you revise for it?
Reply 11
Original post by shady1402
how did you do so well in science!! I'm so shocked they are such good grades. and same, I dislike maths so much, one test in year 10 I decided to revise for it and I got a 7, but I just hate revising for it so I just don't do it, which is bad

Science is my favorite subject as it comes very easy to me, especially physics. I focus on science a lot I’m always revising for it which is why I got such good grades. I hate revising for maths too, it stresses me out
Original post by Elle.c
Art - 7
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Biology - 8
English literature - 6
English language - 7
Re - 7
History - 7
Sports - distinction
Maths - 5 ( I didn’t revise for it either!!)

I did well on my mocks but I’m so nervous I won’t pass the real exams!! I have dyscalculia (dyslexic got maths basically) so my maths is my least favourite subject but I need to work on it so much!!

hi noticed how u got 9s/8 in sciences, Well done!!!!! do u have any advice in how to get 'the 9' and what to do extra for it!:gigg:
Original post by Elle.c
Hi! so I decided to create this for those who begin year 11 in September and do their exams in 2020. You can share your worries, advice, revision tips, any work questions you are stuck with and the rest....

guys am i the only one that cant find any edexcel english stuff on here ! i need help with my time and place poetry which apparently is the least popular anthology cluster so i cant find any help. : (
Reply 14
Original post by devanshishah
guys am i the only one that cant find any edexcel english stuff on here ! i need help with my time and place poetry which apparently is the least popular anthology cluster so i cant find any help. : (

Sorry I’m on of edexcel for English. Have you looked online?
Reply 15
Original post by Elle.c
Sorry I’m on of edexcel for English. Have you looked online?

Not on edexcel***
Reply 16
I’m so stressed out on what I should study for A levels because I have to Include those in my personal statement to sixth form

English Language - 8
English Literature - 6
Maths - 4 (don’t really like it mate, but I did try hard for it)
Science - 5
Geography - 5
Dance - 5
Music - 5
Religious studies - 9
French - 4

My parents say I should study science so I can be a doctor , but you need a form of maths to study medicine in uni but I hate maths. So what do I decide for A levels ?
Reply 17
Original post by aaa24
hi noticed how u got 9s/8 in sciences, Well done!!!!! do u have any advice in how to get 'the 9' and what to do extra for it!:gigg:

Thankyou! Make sure you know what revision material works best for you. I have gcse combined science revision guide and workbook, individual textbooks for each science, individual guides and workbooks for each science. I print off loads of past papers and practice them under timed conditions. I practice my flash cards every night. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 18
also go to any revision classes available for you!!
Reply 19
Original post by EmmaGh
I’m so stressed out on what I should study for A levels because I have to Include those in my personal statement to sixth form

English Language - 8
English Literature - 6
Maths - 4 (don’t really like it mate, but I did try hard for it)
Science - 5
Geography - 5
Dance - 5
Music - 5
Religious studies - 9
French - 4

My parents say I should study science so I can be a doctor , but you need a form of maths to study medicine in uni but I hate maths. So what do I decide for A levels ?

Think about what you are passionate about, where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What do you love, what was your favorite lesson in school. If being a doctor isn’t for you then don’t study it because you won’t enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest