The Student Room Group

What’s your favorite book?

Mine is : The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elle.c
Mine is : The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

what a coincidence i literally just bought that book from poundland - read too many books to have a particular favourite
I have read about a couple of hundred books so I can't say for sure what my favourite book is. Having said that, off the top of my head I did get a lot from reading 1984, Brave New World, A Song of Ice and Fire series and Slaughterhouse Five.
A Thousand Splendid Suns must be my favourite book ever. It made me cry so much. I don't think I've gotten that much from any other book (and I've read so many) and anyone looking for an interesting book should read it!
Reply 4
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
what a coincidence i literally just bought that book from poundland - read too many books to have a particular favourite

It’s such a good book! Have you ever seen the film?
Reply 5
Original post by MathsMania
A Thousand Splendid Suns must be my favourite book ever. It made me cry so much. I don't think I've gotten that much from any other book (and I've read so many) and anyone looking for an interesting book should read it!

Someone told me to read this book the other day! What is it about?
Reply 6
Original post by SpaceDucks
I have read about a couple of hundred books so I can't say for sure what my favourite book is. Having said that, off the top of my head I did get a lot from reading 1984, Brave New World, A Song of Ice and Fire series and Slaughterhouse Five.

my friend has read this and she loves it!
Reply 7
It's kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini 👍
Original post by Elle.c

It's about this illegitimate daughter in Afghanistan whom when her mum commits suicide she is forced to marry a man who is 30 years older than her and when she has many miscarriages the man turns abusive. When he marries a second wife her life turns better. But the ending is bitter sweet to say to the least.
Original post by Elle.c

I need to read this book asap, my friend recommended it to me and the story plot seems very interesting
Original post by SlightlySummer
I need to read this book asap, my friend recommended it to me and the story plot seems very interesting

yes, it is really good!
The Trick is to Keep Breathing by Janice Galloway.
Reply 12
Original post by Precious Illusions
The Trick is to Keep Breathing by Janice Galloway.

I love this book!
Reply 13
Has anybody ever read “my sister lives on the mantelpiece”?
Original post by Elle.c
Has anybody ever read “my sister lives on the mantelpiece”?

What is it about? Did you enjoy it?
A little Piece of Ground by Elizabeth Laird 💕
Reply 16
catch 22, crime and punishment
Reply 17
Original post by MathsMania
What is it about? Did you enjoy it?

I haven’t read it yet! I’ve been told it’s really good. If I remember rightly it’s about a family and the sister is killed in a bombing and they make a memorial for her on the mantel piece but then something happens and loads of drama follows🤷🏽*♀️ I can’t seem to find the book in any stores though :frown:
Original post by Elle.c
It’s such a good book! Have you ever seen the film?

got twenty minutes into the movie before i decided i had to read it and so ive bought it and until i finish the book im not finishing the movie lol
Wonder by RJ Palacio :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending