The Student Room Group

Article 370 and Article 35 Abolished by Indian Gov for Jammu and Kashmir

In a sensational turn of events the BJP led Government of India has passed the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, 2019 which transforms areas of Jammu and Kashmir into Union territory and Ladakh as the other one.

All special statuses and provisions will be removed for Kashmiris and the aim is for the state to be fully integrated into Indian society with the hopes of population relocation as well as economic investment into the area ( which was banned under these articles).

At last Kashmiri youths will not be forced to be the Pawns for the Separatist parties in the state who have been using them as bait in return for Pakistani funding, and now can get jobs and opportunities as the rest of their indian counterparts are doing in the rest of the country.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/article-370-for-special-status-on-jammu-and-kashmir-to-be-removed-proposes-amit-shah-in-parliament-2080379?pfrom=home-topscroll
(edited 4 years ago)
Share spices
Original post by keptinside
Share spices

It’s not a joke mate :frown:
Reply 3
Intrigued by the timing of it
Original post by sachinisgod
In a sensational turn of events the BJP led Government of India has passed the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, 2019 which transforms areas of Jammu and Kashmir into Union territory and Ladakh as the other one.

All special statuses and provisions will be removed for Kashmiris and the aim is for the state to be fully integrated into Indian society with the hopes of population relocation as well as economic investment into the area ( which was banned under these articles).

At last Kashmiri youths will not be forced to be the Pawns for the Separatist parties in the state who have been using them as bait in return for Pakistani funding, and now can get jobs and opportunities as the rest of their indian counterparts are doing in the rest of the

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/article-370-for-special-status-on-jammu-and-kashmir-to-be-removed-proposes-amit-shah-in-parliament-2080379?pfrom=home-topscroll

I honestly dunno what to think whether it’s good or bad as of now only time will
Tell . However the Indian government thoroughly annoys me because no one asks what the Kashmiris want and BJP is so hindutva I wanna lull myself . India is in turmoil rn look at what’s happening after the Kathua and Asifa rape case no action was taken and it’s horrifying and amit shah needs to **** off. Also I was going through my Instagram and saw a post by Hindu nationalists feeling proud that India is finally one and the post had Kashmiri girls and the caption was - now we can marry and put sindoor on their foreheads and someone wrote Jai shree ram and how gorgeous they’ll look like for real look at this cheap mentality of all these people they’re all selfish af and I’m getting oissed now but idk what’s gonna happen
Original post by bobzzzzzz
I honestly dunno what to think whether it’s good or bad as of now only time will
Tell . However the Indian government thoroughly annoys me because no one asks what the Kashmiris want and BJP is so hindutva I wanna lull myself . India is in turmoil rn look at what’s happening after the Kathua and Asifa rape case no action was taken and it’s horrifying and amit shah needs to **** off. Also I was going through my Instagram and saw a post by Hindu nationalists feeling proud that India is finally one and the post had Kashmiri girls and the caption was - now we can marry and put sindoor on their foreheads and someone wrote Jai shree ram and how gorgeous they’ll look like for real look at this cheap mentality of all these people they’re all selfish af and I’m getting oissed now but idk what’s gonna happen

I can equally point out the mass genocide of Kashmiri hindus which drove them out of their houses by the Valley terrorists or recent social media posts of muslim men openly claiming on camera they will rape and kill hindu girls.. putting aside the extreme rhetoric on both sides for second..

These articles gave J&K a special status which has only caused problems for the state by not letting it integrate into the fast developing Indian society and industry.

1. Kashmiris can live and buy property in India but other citizens cannot live in kashmir. Why?

2. Kashmiris dont have to pay income tax but the rest of the country does. Why?

3. No companies can invest and create jobs in Kashmir so no opportunities for Kashmiri youth to advance themselves. Why?

Get my drift? Once there is normalcy in the area due to economic prosperity then there will be no place for these troubles.
1. Kashmiris can live and buy property in India but other citizens cannot live in kashmir. Why?

3. No companies can invest and create jobs in Kashmir so no opportunities for Kashmiri youth to advance themselves. Why?

Because those were the terms that the Jammu and Kashmir Constituent Assembly set out for its full accession into India way back in 1949. You want them changed, then persuaded voters there to change them.
Could someone explain to me what this all means?
Original post by anarchism101
Because those were the terms that the Jammu and Kashmir Constituent Assembly set out for its full accession into India way back in 1949. You want them changed, then persuaded voters there to change them.

Well apologies for the government trying to give an equal right in every aspect regardless if someone’s from Kashmir or Punjab or Mumbai! These terms were made 70 years ago and a lot has changed since then.

These articles are a temporary measure which in turn have cause massive problems within the state and its integration in indian society due to Pakistani interference.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this change is going to stay for the betterment of the whole country. If any individual is not happy living in a more democratic and prosperous area then he/she is more than welcome to cross the border to an area where they feel more at home.
(edited 4 years ago)
I can equally point out the mass genocide of Kashmiri hindus which drove them out of their houses by the Valley terrorists or recent social media posts of muslim men openly claiming on camera they will rape and kill hindu girls.. putting aside the extreme rhetoric on both sides for second..

These articles gave J&K a special status which has only caused problems for the state by not letting it integrate into the fast developing Indian society and industry.

Get my drift? Once there is normalcy in the area due to economic prosperity then there will be no place for these troubles.

I agree 100% with u it’s a completely 2 sided equal conflict but what makes u think peace will be established after this extremely harsh move by the government . Like let the curfew vanish the people are going to go mad
Well apologies for the government trying to give an equal right in every aspect regardless if someone’s from Kashmir or Punjab or Mumbai! These terms were made 70 years ago and a lot has changed since then.

These articles are a temporary measure which in turn have cause massive problems within the state and its integration in indian society due to Pakistani interference.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this change is going to stay for the betterment of the whole country. If any individual is not happy living in a more democratic and prosperous area then he/she is more than welcome to cross the border to an area where they feel more at home.

Oh sorry to burst ur bubble but India is slowly eroding it’s own democracy by all the things that happen there , lynching and rapes , honour killings , sexual harassment. Btw according to the constitution of India the government its allowed to revoke the article without asking the state legislation which they clearly didn’t. When did democracy even exist in India when everything u do ur attacked for.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Could someone explain to me what this all means?

This means more people dead and more war or complete peace
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Immediate effects are media blackouts, power cuts, curfew, military deployment, etc. (to stop protests from organising).

Long term, probably will mirror what China does to its own ethnic minority areas - flood them with Han Chinese, and push Mandarin. Except here, it will be pushing Hindu internal immigration from the rest of India, to solidify its hold over the Muslim-majority state.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-49231619

conveniently forgot the Kashmiri Pandit genocide and them being driven out of the valley..? I thought so but then again you did quote the BBC who is anti india/anti hindu anyway.

If these people return to their homes then it is their rightful place. In terms of other immigration, if economic development results in economic migrants moving to kashmir from other parts of India for jobs and work then their religion is irrelevant, they could be hindu, sikh, muslim, christian or buddhist. They now have the exact same right as a kashmiri muslim moving to Delhi and Mumbai for work. Why are you for those rights for muslims and not those rights for non muslims.. bit hypocritical isnt it?
Fascist India strikes again.

Full scale ethnic cleansing of Muslim-majority occupied Kashmir to follow (by radical Hindu nationalists).

Full media and communications blackout of the annexed areas; journalists and tourists expelled alike - The World's Largest DemocracyTM.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Palmyra
Fascist India strikes again.

Full scale ethnic cleansing of Muslim-majority occupied Kashmir to follow (by radical Hindu nationalists).

Full media and communications blackout of the annexed areas - disgusting behaviour.

Exactly, spot on.....and then you have these so called tsr politicians who follow the Indian band wagon. Anyone needing any political facts or info come to me I will give you a 101 in politics.
Original post by hacked
Exactly, spot on.....and then you have these so called tsr politicians who follow the Indian band wagon. Anyone needing any political facts or info come to me I will give you a 101 in politics.

India should have learned from its time as subject to imperial English rule that imperialism (and this particular Israel-inspired form of Hindu settler-colonialism) rarely works out well.
(edited 4 years ago)
Absolutely embarrassing from India and their Hindu nationalist leader.
Reply 17
I just do not see this ending well.....the religious agenda of the Hindu nationalists is making this much worse, I feel for the innocent civilians. My prayers are with them.
kashmir will become a land of Islam
Reply 19
An interesting post a friend of mine in the Indian defence establishment wrote concerning Pakistans response, thus far, to this development;

To my Pakistani friends chest thumping for war since monday.. we can understand your emotions but peace should prevail.. Paks external debt is $105 Billion.. Pak exports $24 Billion.. imports $52 Billion.. deficit $28 Billion..

Pak has to pay $37 Billion to IMF in 39 months.. starting July 2019.. it's $948 Million per month or $31.6 million per day.. this amount is principal debt for loans taken before 2018.. IMF will not bail out Pak if this deadline is not met.. unfortunately IMF Chief Economist is Indian so can't expect leniency..

Pakistan owes $19 Billion to China.. interest rate at least 4.5%.. Gulf loan interest rates are not more than 3%.. Japan's interest rate is 0.1%.. China is just exploiting the debt vulnerability of Pak to convert debt to equity.. Chinese lenders will take away Pak ports n mines as they did in Sri Lanka..

Pak cannot rely on its classical insurgency and terrorism policy.. it's on the FATF grey list for terror financing and money laundering.. it needs to implement 18 of 27 conditions to exit grey list.. if Pak does not complies then it will remain in grey list and IMF will stop all incoming international loans.. if it does any misadventure it will be demoted to black list and UN sanctions will be imposed..

If Pak wants to challenge India's decision in UNSC then it should first answer why it never complied with UNSC 1948 resolution.. Pak deliberately stalled handover of PoK to India since 7 decades.. Pak should first fullfil its 1948 resolution obligations to UNSC for it to be heard.. in alignment with 1972 Shimla agreement..

It costs at least $1 Million to fly one squadron of jets for 10 hours.. Either Pak will run out of funds mid war or will request ceasefire n UN intervention after few days.. in both cases it will not have upper hand on the negotiation table.. status quo will be enforced by UN n borders will not change.. but its debt hole will become deeper..

India is not interested in war yet again.. if Pak starts war it will be the aggressor n will attract sanctions n leftover foreign investments will also dry.. post war only China will be the sole lender to Pak.. China will have monopoly in interest rates.. Pakistan can suspend trade with India but it should ensure it doesn't gives that market share to China for its own good.. China will pump money till Paks debt surpasses it's GDP.. Pak is on course to become China's 24th province unless it realigns it's national interests n objectives..

Whether you like it or not.. Pakistan is not in position to start sustain or end war financially militarily and diplomatically..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending