The Student Room Group

Sport Technology Loughborough 2019 applicants

Hi all,
I created an account just because I became frustrated that no one talks about this degree. So to any one who is applying for Sport tech at Loughborough for 2019 entry what other courses are you applying to? And reasons for taking this course, as it is such a neesh degree.
Reply 1
Original post by student98989
Hi all,I created an account just because I became frustrated that no one talks about this degree. So to any one who is applying for Sport tech at Loughborough for 2019 entry what other courses are you applying to? And reasons for taking this course, as it is such a neesh degree.
Hi mate, applying to Loughborough for sports
Hi thanks for replying
When did you send your application off ??
Reply 3
Hi thanks for replying
When did you send your application off ??

I haven't actually, been quite busy past few weeks. But I'll probably send it off in 7-10 days. Are you applying to any other unis? As I don't live in the UK I've no idea about actual uni experience (rankings are misleading imo). I've heard great things about Exeter for this particular course, any help will be appreciated!
Yes for sport science Exeter is good
so is Newcastle, Notttingham and Birmingham. But im not actually applying for sport sciences im applying for sport technology/engineering courses.
Reply 5
Hi all,
I created an account just because I became frustrated that no one talks about this degree. So to any one who is applying for Sport tech at Loughborough for 2019 entry what other courses are you applying to? And reasons for taking this course, as it is such a neesh degree.

Just finished the foundation year at Loughborough and going into sports technology this sept so if you’ve got any questions about Loughborough or the course which I know abit about feel free the drop me a message
Oh great thanks so much! Are you able to do a foundation year if you miss your offer grades because I’m worried that I may miss mine? Thanks.
Reply 7
Oh great thanks so much! Are you able to do a foundation year if you miss your offer grades because I’m worried that I may miss mine? Thanks.

Normally the foundation years are very oversubscribed from what I remember last year there were no foundations years in clearing at all as they were all full. That being said a friend mine applied to first year but had really bad mitigating circumstances around the time of his a-level exams so his grades weren’t what he needed for the course but they instead offered him the foundation year to do instead due to his personal circumstances but this was a unique situation I think. But with these things you never can say they might be abit lenient. How far off do you think you are from the grades you needed?
Original post by jayden97
Normally the foundation years are very oversubscribed from what I remember last year there were no foundations years in clearing at all as they were all full. That being said a friend mine applied to first year but had really bad mitigating circumstances around the time of his a-level exams so his grades weren’t what he needed for the course but they instead offered him the foundation year to do instead due to his personal circumstances but this was a unique situation I think. But with these things you never can say they might be abit lenient. How far off do you think you are from the grades you needed?

by one grade
Reply 9
by one grade

What do u think you’ll get and what grades did you need
I need ABB, but I could get = A*BC
Yeah A*BC would be fine I worked in the clearing call centre last summer andantes of students had that when they needed ABB for example and they got in, also on the website for sports technology it’s either ABB or AAC so your grades should be fine :smile:
Yeah A*BC would be fine I worked in the clearing call centre last summer andantes of students had that when they needed ABB for example and they got in, also on the website for sports technology it’s either ABB or AAC so your grades should be fine :smile:

Sorry for the spelling mistake not sure what that was lol but Yh you get the gist of what I was saying
Thanks so much for your help
No worries any other questions about Loughborough or the course just let me know :smile:
Just finished the foundation year at Loughborough and going into sports technology this sept so if you’ve got any questions about Loughborough or the course which I know abit about feel free the drop me a message

Hi, what were your A-Level subjects & results for the foundation year?
My a-levels were in biology, business and economics( one subject) and geography and I got an average of 60 on the foundation year if that’s what you were asking
My a-levels were in biology, business and economics( one subject) and geography and I got an average of 60 on the foundation year if that’s what you were asking

Thanks for your reply. What were your A-Level grades and your GCSE Maths Grade?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest