The Student Room Group

Vegan but NOT an animal lover, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Saw the title and I was like "It's gotta be @Obolinda innit?" :rofl:

What's your favourite colour?
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi
Alas, my question remains unanswered .-.

I forgot, sorry! I prefer the ones you get ready-made at the shops like Tesco.

Original post by RazzzBerries
Saw the title and I was like "It's gotta be @Obolinda innit?" :rofl:

What's your favourite colour?

:wink: :lol:

Haven't got one :dontknow:
Have you tried any decent vegan chocolate?
I’m not vegan, but don’t have dairy products and literally cannot find any nice chocolate which was the hardest thing for me to give up
Original post by Wooord
I’m not vegan, but don’t have dairy products and literally cannot find any nice chocolate which was the hardest thing for me to give up

Get a vego chocolate bar.
Original post by Wooord

Not really a sweet tooth!
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
Get a vego chocolate bar.

I’ll try it, thanks!!

Original post by Obolinda
Not really a sweet tooth!

Ah so I’m guessing you’ve never had Lotus Biscoff spread?? If not you’re missing out hun
I forgot, sorry! I prefer the ones you get ready-made at the shops like Tesco.

Haha, it's cool :P

Good choice tbh. I'm quite easy with all kinds of popcorn, but the cinema popcorn is so good!

Expensive though.. ^~^
Original post by Wooord
Ah so I’m guessing you’ve never had Lotus Biscoff spread?? If not you’re missing out hun

eww, it looks disgusting, cookies are yuck. :s-smilie:
eww, it looks disgusting, cookies are yuck. :s-smilie:

Incorrect 😔😔😔 idk for you
Original post by Wooord

I really like the sainsbury's non-dairy chocolate bars, they're not too expensive either :smile:
Original post by Protostar
I really like the sainsbury's non-dairy chocolate bars, they're not too expensive either :smile:

This! They're really yummy :smile:
Original post by Protostar

Original post by Paracosm
This! They're really yummy :smile:

Had them and thought they tasted like sugar with margarine, couldn't taste any chocolate. Tasted like really cheap advent calander chocolate.
Had them and thought they tasted like sugar with margarine, couldn't taste any chocolate. Tasted like really cheap advent calander chocolate.

Nothing wrong with cheap advent calendar chocolate!

They are very sweet tbh. Maybe I just like the taste of cheap advent calendar chocolate :lol:
Can honey, eggs or dairy ever be ethical?
Original post by Paracosm
Nothing wrong with cheap advent calendar chocolate!

:lol:

Original post by the beer
Can honey, eggs or dairy ever be ethical?

Interesting question, thx. Since I'm opposed the exploitation and commodification of animals, I'm inclined to say no(mostly!).

Let's assume they treat the animals impeccably.
If we don't artificially inseminate cows and allow them to naturally breed, but keep them for their milk(while allowing the calf to have a sufficient amount), I would still consider it wrong by virtue you would be commodifying and exploiting the cow for our benefit. If milk drips and is accidentally collected in a container - don't really see the problem. Now, if we don't have chickens that selectively breed chickens to lay an unhealthy amount of eggs. Then, we don't immediately kill the male hens, keeping a hen for the eggs is commodification. Although if a hen abandons an unfertilised egg in the grass, would have no problem with it.

Don't really know about honey, bit unsure.
:lol:

Interesting question, thx. Since I'm opposed the exploitation and commodification of animals, I'm inclined to say no(mostly!).

Let's assume they treat the animals impeccably.
If we don't artificially inseminate cows and allow them to naturally breed, but keep them for their milk(while allowing the calf to have a sufficient amount), I would still consider it wrong by virtue you would be commodifying and exploiting the cow for our benefit. If milk drips and is accidentally collected in a container - don't really see the problem. Now, if we don't have chickens that selectively breed chickens to lay an unhealthy amount of eggs. Then, we don't immediately kill the male hens, keeping a hen for the eggs is commodification. Although if a hen abandons an unfertilised egg in the grass, would have no problem with it.

Don't really know about honey, bit unsure.

what is ur view on breast milk?
Original post by Range_Rover_
what is ur view on breast milk?

That it is produced for human babies and is healthy for baby.
That it is produced for human babies and is healthy for baby.

what about get ur hubby to suck ur tits for a drink instead of going to the kitche in the middle of the night
Original post by Range_Rover_
what about get ur hubby to suck ur tits for a drink instead of going to the kitche in the middle of the night

Um, if someone consents to doing that, don't think I would care :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest