The Student Room Group

Is there an “access to scripts” option for Scottish students?

Does anyone know if Scottish students can pay a fee to obtain their marked exam papers? I’ve heard of “AQA”, but not sure if I would have to go through SQA?
AQA is an English exam board that is completely separate from the SQA. As far as I know there is no way to see your actual exam papers but you can speak to your school and look at the post results services the SQA have. They can give you a clerical check which basically checks that you have been sent your results and that the marks were added up correctly etc. You can also get a remark which means the paper is marked again but remember that the grade can go up or down. I’d recommend you ask to see a breakdown of your marks from your school to see how far away you wear from the next grade up, it’s not always worth risking a remark. Good luck :smile:
Original post by AngelT1499
Does anyone know if Scottish students can pay a fee to obtain their marked exam papers? I’ve heard of “AQA”, but not sure if I would have to go through SQA?

No, you cannot see your actual exam paper, as they are exempt from freedom of information requests. As goldilocks has said, AQA is just one of the exam boards in England.

You can request your component marks from your school however :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks so much 😃👍 I’ll request the component marks from the school. I take it you just ask the teacher for the subject?
Thanks so much 😃👍 I’ll request the component marks from the school. I take it you just ask the teacher for the subject?

In my school it’s the office that give you them and they give you all your subjects (or whichever ones you ask for) but a subject teacher should be able to give you them for their subject too
Reply 5
Original post by goldilocks12
In my school it’s the office that give you them and they give you all your subjects (or whichever ones you ask for) but a subject teacher should be able to give you them for their subject too

Alright, thanks 👌 I’ll ask at the office when the schools start back
There is one thing better you can do than just access to your component marks ( however it still isn't access to your scripts) if you submit a subject access request you can get a very detailed breakdown of how you did on the exams. it shows you how many marks you received on each question. I did it last year and it was very interesting ( not sure if a lot of people do it, as far as I know, I think I'm one of the only people that have done it) hope this helps
Reply 7
Original post by tigermangos
There is one thing better you can do than just access to your component marks ( however it still isn't access to your scripts) if you submit a subject access request you can get a very detailed breakdown of how you did on the exams. it shows you how many marks you received on each question. I did it last year and it was very interesting ( not sure if a lot of people do it, as far as I know, I think I'm one of the only people that have done it) hope this helps

Hmm I’ve never heard of that, but would be just what I’m looking for. How do you go about that?
Hmm I’ve never heard of that, but would be just what I’m looking for. How do you go about that?

here's more information on it https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/57681.html
Reply 9
Thanks 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending