The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management

Hi! I’m sitting this course in high school this year (2019/2020) though have limited past experience of the course as I have not sat National 5, will this be ok, also what is involved in the course in terms of course and assignment??
Reply 1
I crashed H Business last year and got an A despite failing the prelim and having rubbish teachers. But there’s a lot of content and there is a lot of specific ways to structure answers depending on the key word used in the question. You’ll get the hang of it really quickly if you’ve done history, geography or modern studies. It’s not a difficult subject to do well in but if you don’t know the content it can be hard to just make stuff up. Definitely worth it though.
Reply 2
Original post by palmegg
I crashed H Business last year and got an A despite failing the prelim and having rubbish teachers. But there’s a lot of content and there is a lot of specific ways to structure answers depending on the key word used in the question. You’ll get the hang of it really quickly if you’ve done history, geography or modern studies. It’s not a difficult subject to do well in but if you don’t know the content it can be hard to just make stuff up. Definitely worth it though.

Hi I already have a higher history award and really enjoy writing so im sure that should be ok,what is involved in assignment, is it the usual social media survey then analyse and evaluate as it had been a while back
Reply 3
Original post by Eng.Enthus
Hi I already have a higher history award and really enjoy writing so im sure that should be ok,what is involved in assignment, is it the usual social media survey then analyse and evaluate as it had been a while back

Basically, yes. You pick a company and research them, you pick an area of the course to talk about (I did marketing and the 7Ps (price, product, place, promotion, process, people and physical evidence)) and you analyse and suggest how they could improve.
Reply 4
Original post by palmegg
Basically, yes. You pick a company and research them, you pick an area of the course to talk about (I did marketing and the 7Ps (price, product, place, promotion, process, people and physical evidence)) and you analyse and suggest how they could improve.

Ive not seen much info on this assignment, so do you need to create surveys and send it to people etc to collect data
Reply 5
Yes, that’s what I did and almost everyone in my class did a survey, but I guess it would depend what your topic is and you don’t have to.
Got an A in both Nat 5 and Higher. I would recommend that if you choose it, revise what you have done every week as the week before the exam doesn't work in this subject. Business is very wordy and heavy content course. You would need to memorise a lot information and learn how to answer different questions according to the command word.
It is definitely possible to get an A if you revise constantly and try your best!
I crashed it in S6 and loved it. There is quite a lot to remember but I found the subject interesting so it wasn’t that bad. I definitely recommend it.
Reply 8
Original post by bsb2392
Got an A in both Nat 5 and Higher. I would recommend that if you choose it, revise what you have done every week as the week before the exam doesn't work in this subject. Business is very wordy and heavy content course. You would need to memorise a lot information and learn how to answer different questions according to the command word.
It is definitely possible to get an A if you revise constantly and try your best!

Yeah I have allocated time to study so this would be possible but it’s just with other commitments finding time but I’m really interested in finding more about the course
As most people have said so far there is a lot of content in the course and each command word has a specific method you need to use to answer however if you put in the work to revise the content and learn how to properly answer each command word then it shouldnt be too difficult. In my experience I really enjoyed the subject and got an A at nat 5 and higher, hopefully youll enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending