The Student Room Group

Hello. This is my GCSE GYG? 😲

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Satyr
Hopefully I meet them

You will do, don't worry! 😄

Original post by mez_merising
congrats on the passes!
and I commend you for not wanting to put out your grades but..in all honesty I don’t think anyone is really that caught up about them😂😂

remember to have fun this summer! seriously it’s your last one of freedom...

Thank you! I think you may be right, I might start putting them up... 🤔

I will do, I hope I'm going on holiday somewhere. Even if I'm not I'll make sure to relax, but I have to finish off some things and learn a new language. 😓

Have a good summer!
[scroll]Omg this is the coolest thing ever:dance:[/scroll]

Good morning everybody! :nyan:

This week has been perfectly hectic and all over the place, but I've been enjoying it. :excited:
I'm a bit annoyed with my school because my timetable isn't coming out and I want to know what lessons are where and if I'm doing Spanish.... :afraid: :headfire:

My life so far....
Binge watching Netflix. :bhangra:
Spending all day on a train. :albertein: :train:
Went to a theatre omg it was awesome! :clap2:

Lots and lots of shopping for unknown causes... if I collapse somewhere it'll be in a shop. :cry2:

Eating in a restaurant and just being crazy. :ymca:

Btw I saw a litter of puppies and they were the cutest things ever. Ever. 🐶 As in, they were old enough to be sold but not old enough to be classed as a dog. I almost cried with cuteness... :eek: :dancing2:

I found this thread called 10,035 posts by 2020. If you have any spare time, help out a kindred soul... :adore:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5736006&page=115

Study time!
Blah. 😝
Well, I have done quite a bit I guess. I've made a ton of flashcards which are kinda piling up and drowning me. :colonhash: So far, I have gone over P1, C1 and a fair bit of B1 for the sciences, I've done Memrise work for Spanish and analysed key quotes for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. :troll:

I really want my French writing exam back. Well, I don't want it back I need it back. @RazzzBerries , you may or may not remember this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5880786

[scroll]This was my first post so don't judge! 🤤[/scroll]

Well, I discarded that account. Or I forgot my password. :blah:
For those of you who do not want to read a looooong post, I had to write 110 words in 15 minutes because this silly Unicorn spent an hour on her 90 words question. :bebored:

What I never got to say at the bottom of that page (I was in English at the time lmao 😂) was that I finished off those 110 words in 10 minutes and had 5 minutes to check everything. I was walking to the class so slowly and reading through everything it was hilarious. :colone: :crazy:

I also never got to say thank you properly to @RazzzBerries and the other people who encouraged me. You guys helped me so much, I was terrified point blank and you gave me tips and advice to conquer that. :cube:

Anyway long talk over, I want the paper back because I got 60 marks and I need to see how I structured it. Cos girl doesn't remember a thing... :cookie: :motz:

Today I'm doing more Spanish, perhaps bookwork, and relaxing. :dontknow:
:party:

Tags:

Spoiler

I actually got through a post without a fiesta! :redface:

If anybody wants to be removed or added to the tag list, just ask. :rolleyes:

Bye guys, carry on having a great holiday and I'll post next week. Xx :dumbells:
hope you’re relaxing as well as studying!!
Original post by mez_merising
hope you’re relaxing as well as studying!!

:dance: :youbetcha: :yep:
Reply 64
Original post by Roses & Dreams
[scroll]Omg this is the coolest thing ever:dance:[/scroll]

Good morning everybody! :nyan:

This week has been perfectly hectic and all over the place, but I've been enjoying it. :excited:
I'm a bit annoyed with my school because my timetable isn't coming out and I want to know what lessons are where and if I'm doing Spanish.... :afraid: :headfire:

My life so far....
Binge watching Netflix. :bhangra:
Spending all day on a train. :albertein: :train:
Went to a theatre omg it was awesome! :clap2:

Lots and lots of shopping for unknown causes... if I collapse somewhere it'll be in a shop. :cry2:

Eating in a restaurant and just being crazy. :ymca:

Btw I saw a litter of puppies and they were the cutest things ever. Ever. 🐶 As in, they were old enough to be sold but not old enough to be classed as a dog. I almost cried with cuteness... :eek: :dancing2:

I found this thread called 10,035 posts by 2020. If you have any spare time, help out a kindred soul... :adore:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5736006&page=115

Study time!
Blah. 😝
Well, I have done quite a bit I guess. I've made a ton of flashcards which are kinda piling up and drowning me. :colonhash: So far, I have gone over P1, C1 and a fair bit of B1 for the sciences, I've done Memrise work for Spanish and analysed key quotes for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. :troll:

I really want my French writing exam back. Well, I don't want it back I need it back. @RazzzBerries , you may or may not remember this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5880786

[scroll]This was my first post so don't judge! 🤤[/scroll]

Well, I discarded that account. Or I forgot my password. :blah:
For those of you who do not want to read a looooong post, I had to write 110 words in 15 minutes because this silly Unicorn spent an hour on her 90 words question. :bebored:

What I never got to say at the bottom of that page (I was in English at the time lmao 😂) was that I finished off those 110 words in 10 minutes and had 5 minutes to check everything. I was walking to the class so slowly and reading through everything it was hilarious. :colone: :crazy:

I also never got to say thank you properly to @RazzzBerries and the other people who encouraged me. You guys helped me so much, I was terrified point blank and you gave me tips and advice to conquer that. :cube:

Anyway long talk over, I want the paper back because I got 60 marks and I need to see how I structured it. Cos girl doesn't remember a thing... :cookie: :motz:

Today I'm doing more Spanish, perhaps bookwork, and relaxing. :dontknow:
:party:

Tags:

Spoiler

I actually got through a post without a fiesta! :redface:

If anybody wants to be removed or added to the tag list, just ask. :rolleyes:

Bye guys, carry on having a great holiday and I'll post next week. Xx :dumbells:

Hiii, does sound like quite a hectic week! Mine has been the complete opposite 😂.. and I have seen your posts on that thread + something tells me your pretty obsessed with it!!
I still have no idea where you get your motivation to study!? Like I made them equation flashcards and then just died of boredom and haven't done anything since..

(btw I just realised that in my tag u got the _ in the wrong place, its RyanC_ :smile:)
I had no idea that was you! Glad I helped! :h:

I think you can get an email for a new password for the account. Just request it. :yep:

Try not to study toooo much, you need your fun this holiday because it gets serious after this. :lol:

Enjoy the rest of the hols xx
Groot luck :rave:
Original post by RyanC_
Hiii, does sound like quite a hectic week! Mine has been the complete opposite 😂.. and I have seen your posts on that thread + something tells me your pretty obsessed with it!!
I still have no idea where you get your motivation to study!? Like I made them equation flashcards and then just died of boredom and haven't done anything since..

(btw I just realised that in my tag u got the _ in the wrong place, its RyanC_ :smile:)

Yup I've been all over the place.
The train was the worst, I was sat their dying with boredom all day because I forgot my phone and any other forms of entertainement. :colonhash: :eek4:

Yeah I guess I kinda am obsessed with it... I really wanna get to 10,000 at least. :bhangra:

Well, I guess I study the subjects I love (Spanish, French, Biology- everything other than physics and some parts of English Lang *cough cough creative writing* :redface:) on websites I love (Memrise etc). That makes me want to study the ones I like, but the others I tell myself to get on with it and then I relax, go out with friends, treat myself etc.

Overall, I've had a really nice holiday so far (only been 1 week lol) but if I go on holiday than it will be even better. I'm just chilling tbh and enjoying myself, it's probably going to be the last summer I do! So, although I am studying it's just going slowly, no burning out or anything. 😢

If you really want to revise- which I wouldn't advise too much- perhaps just tell yourself to do 10-15 minutes and treat yourself.

Ahhhh sorry lol, I had you down as RyanC_ but it was just this morning lmao I was rushing.

You are udapting your GYG tomorrow right?
Reply 68
Yup I've been all over the place.
The train was the worst, I was sat their dying with boredom all day because I forgot my phone and any other forms of entertainement. :colonhash: :eek4:

Yeah I guess I kinda am obsessed with it... I really wanna get to 10,000 at least. :bhangra:

Well, I guess I study the subjects I love (Spanish, French, Biology- everything other than physics and some parts of English Lang *cough cough creative writing* :redface:) on websites I love (Memrise etc). That makes me want to study the ones I like, but the others I tell myself to get on with it and then I relax, go out with friends, treat myself etc.

Overall, I've had a really nice holiday so far (only been 1 week lol) but if I go on holiday than it will be even better. I'm just chilling tbh and enjoying myself, it's probably going to be the last summer I do! So, although I am studying it's just going slowly, no burning out or anything. 😢

If you really want to revise- which I wouldn't advise too much- perhaps just tell yourself to do 10-15 minutes and treat yourself.

Ahhhh sorry lol, I had you down as RyanC_ but it was just this morning lmao I was rushing.

You are udapting your GYG tomorrow right?

Oh myy... wow u poor thing I would actually die if I had nothing entertaining to do!! I should really do that but I get wrapped up in Netflix and then any hopes of studying are gone .. :frown: I should really try twisting it around and using Netflix as an incentive to study but that never works either! 😂 I think I'm gonna do something small and make some checklists (wow boring) or every topic cos I'm sure they will be helpful to track my progress next year and find out how I feel about everything..

Yes, definitely make sure you have enough rest, the next 2 years will be the most important in your life so far..

It's ok :biggrin: and yes I will be but it will probably be quite a short update.. if there is one (my laptop is playing up and smelling of burning and I'm kinda scared to use it + I can't get to an apple store until maybe Friday! :frown:)
Original post by RazzzBerries
I had no idea that was you! Glad I helped! :h:

I think you can get an email for a new password for the account. Just request it. :yep:

Try not to study toooo much, you need your fun this holiday because it gets serious after this. :lol:

Enjoy the rest of the hols xx

I didn't really know how to use TSR lmao, so I posted once and then just abandoned it. I came back a couple of months later on this account because I found it so useful, and the people here are so kind. :emog:

I don't think I want to anymore. I'm so used to this account that I don't want to leave it. :cool:

I'm only doing a little bit, just over-looking some key concepts from this year and learning Spanish. Other than that I'm relaxing quite a lot and going out often. :eek3:

Thank you, enjoy the rest of yours too. :cube:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Groot luck :rave:

Thank you Grooty, would you like a tag? :cookie:
I didn't really know how to use TSR lmao, so I posted once and then just abandoned it. I came back a couple of months later on this account because I found it so useful, and the people here are so kind. :emog:

I don't think I want to anymore. I'm so used to this account that I don't want to leave it. :cool:

I'm only doing a little bit, just over-looking some key concepts from this year and learning Spanish. Other than that I'm relaxing quite a lot and going out often. :eek3:

Thank you, enjoy the rest of yours too. :cube:

Thank you Grooty, would you like a tag? :cookie:

No worries :h:
That would be lovely :hugs:
Original post by RyanC_
Oh myy... wow u poor thing I would actually die if I had nothing entertaining to do!! I should really do that but I get wrapped up in Netflix and then any hopes of studying are gone .. :frown: I should really try twisting it around and using Netflix as an incentive to study but that never works either! 😂 I think I'm gonna do something small and make some checklists (wow boring) or every topic cos I'm sure they will be helpful to track my progress next year and find out how I feel about everything..

Yes, definitely make sure you have enough rest, the next 2 years will be the most important in your life so far..

It's ok :biggrin: and yes I will be but it will probably be quite a short update.. if there is one (my laptop is playing up and smelling of burning and I'm kinda scared to use it + I can't get to an apple store until maybe Friday! :frown:)

Omg I hope your computer gets better soon lmao! :flip: If it smells like burning then perhaps turn it off so that you don't have a :headfire: moment...

I was almost dead when I got off the train, all I could do was watch cows grazing in a field. 🐮

The Netflix approach doesn't always work for me either lmao... you do those checklists! :deal:
They'll help when you are too busy in Year 11. :redface:

I'm having a rest day today. Good luck and enjoy the holidays!

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
No worries :h:
That would be lovely :hugs:

I'll add you on next Tuesday. :cube: :grouphugs:
Omg I hope your computer gets better soon lmao! :flip: If it smells like burning then perhaps turn it off so that you don't have a :headfire: moment...

I was almost dead when I got off the train, all I could do was watch cows grazing in a field. 🐮

The Netflix approach doesn't always work for me either lmao... you do those checklists! :deal:

I'll add you on next Tuesday. :cube: :grouphugs:

Thank you :lovehug:
Reply 73

I've tried everything I can do :frown: I'm really hoping I don't have a :headfire: moment! 😂 I think I'm gonna have to beg my dad to take me to the apple store which could probably be an expensive journey.. I will :biggrin: .. well at least if I don't blow up first!

Have fun resting!
Original post by RyanC_
I've tried everything I can do :frown: I'm really hoping I don't have a :headfire: moment! 😂 I think I'm gonna have to beg my dad to take me to the apple store which could probably be an expensive journey.. I will :biggrin: .. well at least if I don't blow up first!

Have fun resting!

Please don't blow up, I won't have anyone to moan to!
Did you ever get my PM back btw?
Reply 75
Please don't blow up, I won't have anyone to moan to!
Did you ever get my PM back btw?

I'll try not to 😂. I just checked and I realised have a PM from a week ago that says it's read but I never read it! I will reply to it now! My phone must've messed it up when I was using data on holiday.. sorry!
Original post by RyanC_
I'll try not to 😂. I just checked and I realised have a PM from a week ago that says it's read but I never read it! I will reply to it now! My phone must've messed it up when I was using data on holiday.. sorry!

It's ok- it happens to me all the time!
Ooh, didn't realise you had a GYG :gah: Best of luck!

Spoiler

Original post by nyxnko_
Ooh, didn't realise you had a GYG :gah: Best of luck!

Spoiler

Thank you!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Roses &amp
Thank you!

Spoiler

:hugs:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending