The Student Room Group

How to make a revision timetable?

How do you make a revision timetable?
Use the website get revising
Reply 2
If you have a phone honestly i recommend using MyStudyPlan, it was a life saver for me to get my revision into order.
Reply 3
Original post by MZKay
If you have a phone honestly i recommend using MyStudyPlan, it was a life saver for me to get my revision into order.

how do u use the app once you download it?
Reply 4
Original post by FluffyUnicorn18
Use the website get revising

tried that but it wouldn't save my revision timetable?
Reply 5
Original post by ITNQT
how do u use the app once you download it?

So it will ask you what subjects you have and if you have exams for them and how long you would like your study session to be(if your going in to year 11 just write down june and any time) it will then ask you to prioritise them by sliding up and down to find a percentage that you agree with. For me i had prioritised biology and chemistry so they were are 70%. Then it will ask you which days you would like to revise and how long you can revise on each day depending on your availability. I was busy on Wednesdays so i only had a 1h slot that day in comparison to other days which may have been 4h. Then it will make a plan for you by taking in all the information given. It has settings such as 5m breaks which can be used if you have completed a session and want to have a break and continue without procrastinating. You can time how long you have revised as it has a stopwatch feature to tell you if you how long you have revised and it will notify you if you have completed a session or if you have some to do.
Sorry for this long reply.
Original post by ITNQT
tried that but it wouldn't save my revision timetable?

Weird. You could copy the timetable it makes into a notebook.
Timetables never work
It really comes down to what you need it for. It's there to help you, so we can't really recommend how you should make one. I would say, some people turn exam timetables into a distraction and spend a lot of time agonising over them. Mine never went beyond having a list of things to do that day, with no hour by hour planning. If you're completely lost as to how to start one, it might not help you.

Original post by noobmaster
Timetables never work

I found they were useful for pacing myself with past papers and equally making sure I'd done enough. This was at A-level though, didn't do any at GCSE.
Original post by _gcx
It really comes down to what you need it for. It's there to help you, so we can't really recommend how you should make one. I would say, some people turn exam timetables into a distraction and spend a lot of time agonising over them. Mine never went beyond having a list of things to do that day, with no hour by hour planning. If you're completely lost as to how to start one, it might not help you.

I found they were useful for pacing myself with past papers and equally making sure I'd done enough. This was at A-level though, didn't do any at GCSE.

I used to waste time by making timetables and watching videos on how to revise :rolleyes:
Timetables never worked for me -i used to think unrealistically thinking straight after school I'll revise at 4:00pm but it took me an hour eating (settling in as soon as you came back from school) then saying i'll finish this subject in 2 hours when it would actually take the full night.
I found it hard to revise 3 different subjects on the same day I would always stick to 1 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest