The Student Room Group

Predict your A-levels Results?!

Scroll to see replies

UUU
Maths - A
Physics - hopefully A*
Further maths - A. Need A* :frown:.
Original post by GrayestOwl0900
Hey I also did the Pre-U too! I need to get A*A*A* (straight D2s) or A*A*A with A*s in Maths and FM and a grade 1 in any STEP Paper. I think I may scrape a grade 1 in STEP I (STEP II and STEP III were yikes). This is for MMath at Warwick.

Maths: A*/D1 (I don’t mean to be cocky but I thought the papers went great)

Further Maths: A/A* / D3/D2 (was predicted D1, honestly don’t know why, but Further Applied wrecked me so probs D2, worst D3)

Physics: A*/ D2 (I think I can get a D2 - Paper 1 and 3 were good; 2 was poop)

omg I'm so glad I can finally talk to someone who won't just say "if you found it hard you're stupid" like a lot of people at my school! I'm not the world's best person at maths but I reckon I'm pretty good (good enough to do FM at the very least).

In those FM papers I legit doubt I *can* even get 50%. That will probably leave me with an M1 given past boundaries and I went in hoping to get a D2 instead of a D3...

Single Maths was fine. From what I've heard, the people who only did single Pre-U it was apparently really "unfair" so I'm expecting lowish boundaries which is why I still have a little hope for a D1 (but I made way too many careless mistakes to actually expect one).

As for physics, I didn't really take it as seriously as I should have. We did a mock in April and my teacher was mad because I got a D2 (my predicted grade) but was only 2 marks off the D3 boundary, but I just said "I only need a D3 anyway" which quite rightly just pissed him off even more. Had I known how badly FM was going to go, I definitely would have tried a little bit harder in Physics to kind of help my case, though I was lucky in that a lot of the questions were repeats from other papers that I remembered how to do...(it still felt like cheating)
Original post by MediocreSince01
I did OCR too. It’s such a pain because the grade boundaries are so high - and I always find little mistakes adding up and costing me the top grade.

Oh I did AQA :bawling: I am just praying for that A*, to be honest and yes to the grade boundaries and I can relate with the mistake thing its little things but again they add
Original post by Untamed-child
You have worked hard through the revision and exams and now it's just waiting time. Result day is soon with about 9 days to go ( sorry if you feel attacked because you were putting off thinking about it)

So what do you think your results would be?

Post your predictions on this thread !!

For example:

AQA English Literature: A*
Edexcel Maths: A
OCR Chemistry: B

Question time!

Do you have any required grades for university?
e.g AAA at Lancaster university for Law LLB

Other comments

how do you feel about results day? ( :smile::frown::tongue::wink::biggrin::mad::s-smilie::confused::rolleyes::angry::eek::colondollar::colone::u::h::colonhash: and explanation)
how did you find the exams?
Feeling optimistic?

All Credits to @04MR17 who created a similar thread but for SQA results day thank you

What mark do you think you got in math
Original post by Banshee123
What mark do you think you got in math

I didn't do maths, I did AQA biology,AQA chemistry and AQA psychology but I did the old spec a level maths in year 8 ( not through school my mum wanted me too so I thought why not)
(edited 4 years ago)
I didn't do maths, I did biology, chemistry and psychology but I did the old spec a level maths in year 8 ( not through school my mum wanted me too so I thought why not

OOh i see what grades do you think you got in them
so you did Edexcel Maths A level in year 8 and got an A?

not Edexcel but CIE but i got a B
Original post by YlandDylan
Maths (Edexcel): B (But I would like an A)
Compsci (OCR): A
Economics (AQA): B

Maths I’m scared of because Ofqual states that last year’s grade boundaries may not be at all similar to this year’s ones.

Grade boundaires for maths this year will be lower than last year. What mark do you think you got in maths?
OCR Biology: A* (I love plants don't judge me)

Chemistry:A/A*(OCR chemistry this year was pretty hard compared to the previous years. A* with hopefully significant low grade boundaries).

Edexcel Maths: A/B (most likely B). The papers were insane.
Original post by MaherphD
OCR Biology: A* (I love plants don't judge me)

Chemistry:A/A*(OCR chemistry this year was pretty hard compared to the previous years. A* with hopefully significant low grade boundaries).

Edexcel Maths: A/B (most likely B). The papers were insane.

what mark do you think you got in maths?
Original post by bayanotbee
edexcel maths - B (although who knows what this year's grade boundaries will be like)
aqa biology - A
aqa physics - C (B if i'm lucky)

i need AAA for uni so absolutely f*cked it unless my predictions are way off (insurance is AAB but i don't wanna go there)

what mark do you think you got in biology
Who did AQA A level biology and AQA A level chemistry?:colondollar:
Who did AQA A level biology and AQA A level chemistry?:colondollar:

me
what mark do you think you got in maths?

Between 170 - 180
Original post by hewgcrusty
It’s for imperial to do aeronautical engineering :biggrin:

Oooo hope you get that A* :biggrin:
Oooo hope you get that A* :biggrin:

thank youuuuu
Eduqas Sociology: A
AQA History (Tudors/Weimar & Nazi Germany): B
OCR Chemistry: D/E (lol seriously the 3rd paper was beyond awful. I will die if I see a bottle of Dettol ever again haha.)

Sociology went the best, though I feel like the papers were relatively easy this year compared to the previous years. Betting that the grade boundaries will be sky high tho.

History was eeehhhh lol. Missed out a few key things in the Germany paper and didn't study government much at all for the Tudors paper so kinda screwed up for the source question on that. The essay questions in the Tudors paper were phrased quite weirdly too, and the father of a mutual friend of mine who is history teacher said that many people misinterpreted the questions which has me silently pooping myself lol.

Chemistry was just awful. There are no words I could use to describe how awful it went. I thought the first paper was bad but then they hit us with the third. OCR were out for blood this year:frown:. Second paper I feel went alright - organic is my favourite and my strength in chem but the third paper was mostly inorganic so tbh I won't be surprised if I fail entirely yay.

For reference, I was predicted As in History and Sociology and somehow an A* in Chem... idk how either lmao.
I'm stressed, but not as stressed as I would be if not for my unconditional I guess. I still feel awful tho lol, like I've cheated my uni:s-smilie::frown:
Anyway, wishing everyone good luck for their results!:biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
This thread just called me dumb in 5 languages
Original post by highcaffeinejava
omg I'm so glad I can finally talk to someone who won't just say "if you found it hard you're stupid" like a lot of people at my school! I'm not the world's best person at maths but I reckon I'm pretty good (good enough to do FM at the very least).

In those FM papers I legit doubt I *can* even get 50%. That will probably leave me with an M1 given past boundaries and I went in hoping to get a D2 instead of a D3...

Single Maths was fine. From what I've heard, the people who only did single Pre-U it was apparently really "unfair" so I'm expecting lowish boundaries which is why I still have a little hope for a D1 (but I made way too many careless mistakes to actually expect one).

As for physics, I didn't really take it as seriously as I should have. We did a mock in April and my teacher was mad because I got a D2 (my predicted grade) but was only 2 marks off the D3 boundary, but I just said "I only need a D3 anyway" which quite rightly just pissed him off even more. Had I known how badly FM was going to go, I definitely would have tried a little bit harder in Physics to kind of help my case, though I was lucky in that a lot of the questions were repeats from other papers that I remembered how to do...(it still felt like cheating)

Yeah, a lot of people who did only did Single Maths struggled a lot whereas those who did FM thought it went really well.

For FM, Further Pure was difficult (IMO, more difficult than last year’s) but somehow I managed. I’m a bit annoyed that I made a silly mistake on the very last question which was on trigonometric integration where you had to substitute a hyperbolic function, but oh well, what’s done is done.
But Further Applied? I honestly thought it would be easier this year since in the mock (we did the 2018 paper) was super hard; I think I got 16/60 in the Mechanics section in that paper. I’m honestly not looking forward to my FM grade.

The only bad thing about Physics was again Paper 2 but I think I did well enough in Paper 1 and 3 (I hope my Personal Investigation was good) to scrape a D2. But yeah, I was surprised in Paper 1 some of the questions were past paper questions.

I hope we both get results better than we expect them to be. Can I ask what uni you’ve applied to?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest