The Student Room Group

I need help with Revison only got a month left :(

Hello, I am Angel I'm doing my third year at college and really worried that I wont to get the grades I need to pass this year.

To pass the course you need two merits or higher. I am studying BTEC information and technology Level 2 my tutor told me they have put exams in the BTEC so it's not easy anymore. I have completed the revision guide and close to completing the revision workbook, but I was gonna just do past papers.

I've read up to that you shouldn't use resources and only relies on what you know to complete the past papers. I don't know anything because I haven't had any lessons for the course, but I want to get ahead start so I can get merits or possible Distractions.

Here is an image to what I need to cover in the exam

P.s I've never revised in my life so it would be helpful If you can tell me how or how to maybe pass this course.
Original post by BizzFrog22
Hello, I am Angel I'm doing my third year at college and really worried that I wont to get the grades I need to pass this year.

To pass the course you need two merits or higher. I am studying BTEC information and technology Level 2 my tutor told me they have put exams in the BTEC so it's not easy anymore. I have completed the revision guide and close to completing the revision workbook, but I was gonna just do past papers.

I've read up to that you shouldn't use resources and only relies on what you know to complete the past papers. I don't know anything because I haven't had any lessons for the course, but I want to get ahead start so I can get merits or possible Distractions.

Here is an image to what I need to cover in the exam

P.s I've never revised in my life so it would be helpful If you can tell me how or how to maybe pass this course.

Have a google for revision methods and try out a few, and figure out which ones work best for you. For me, I revised best by making mind maps and flash cards, and using the website Quizlet to create tests to test myself on key words/content. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Have a google for revision methods and try out a few, and figure out which ones work best for you. For me, I revised best by making mind maps and flash cards, and using the website Quizlet to create tests to test myself on key words/content. Good luck :smile:

I've just found out that there is no paper version of the past papers. The only past papers I can do is online won't this make revision harder?
I've just found out that there is no paper version of the past papers. The only past papers I can do is online won't this make revision harder?

Can you not print out the questions?
Reply 4
Can you not print out the questions?

I can but some of the questions you need to click on to get more answers :/
some require you to watch videos too
I can but some of the questions you need to click on to get more answers :/
some require you to watch videos too

It'll make it harder but not impossible. If you really want to you'll be able to do it
Reply 6
It'll make it harder but not impossible. If you really want to you'll be able to do it

So would you say printing them out won't be a bad idea?
So would you say printing them out won't be a bad idea?

It's worth trying to see how you get on
Reply 8
It's worth trying to see how you get on

Also would you recommend making notes or just use the revision guide and the revision workbook?

The revision workbook I have all the answers written down
Also would you recommend making notes or just use the revision guide and the revision workbook?

The revision workbook I have all the answers written down

Only make notes if it's active and will help you with your revision
Only make notes if it's active and will help you with your revision

Okay it’s just when it comes to 4 marked questions or 8 I tend to get stuck but may be if I use my revision book and guide it will stick hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending