The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

What’s the likeliness of a clearing space at Edinburgh university for economics

Hi, I’ve had a change of circumstances this year and I’m trying to prepare for how likely there is to be a place for me to study any economics course at Edinburgh University this year. I am Scottish and have the full required grades and I went to a school that meant I could do a widening access programme. Just trying to keep myself calm.
I thought Edinburgh didn't do clearing? Might be talking out of my ass but I heard that they're weirdly picky and don't release any places to clearing at all..... sorry
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I think you should talk directly to the university about it so they will know that your interested since they may be able to save you a space in clearing or tell you how to find out about any of their spaces quickly.
Reply 3
Original post by ToriBrown94
I thought Edinburgh didn't do clearing? Might be talking out of my ass but I heard that they're weirdly picky and don't release any places to clearing at all..... sorry

They started doing clearing spaces last year I think so I’m just hoping they’ll have one for that
Hey, sorry to put a downer on you but they are quite strict. I did one of these programmes and didnt get in (did my my grades by far though) but i knew people that where one grade way and didnt get in
Original post by Eilidhaaaa
Hey they’ve updated the website so its saying there are places I just don’t know if I can be eligible for it due to the SIMD20 thing

There's a checker here, so if you type in your postcode, it will let you know :smile: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/2019/ucas/scotland/clearing
Reply 8
Thanks everyone. I tried to apply and all they asked was my postcode which was a 4 minute walk away from being within it so I’m not eligible. Guess I’ll just have to apply next year
Thanks everyone. I tried to apply and all they asked was my postcode which was a 4 minute walk away from being within it so I’m not eligible. Guess I’ll just have to apply next year

Sorry to hear you won't be able to go there this year :console:

Not sure if it will help, but a few people have been sharing how their results and/or post school route didn't go to the original plan over in this thread...Even if you're not going with the original plan anymore, things can still turn out great and there's lots of options open to you! :smile:
Pure economics is unlikely. Last year my friend got a place for economics and geography ( despite not doing geog a level)
Reply 11
Original post by Tchoepful45
Pure economics is unlikely. Last year my friend got a place for economics and geography ( despite not doing geog a level)

Did they apply through clearing for it or did they properly apply?
Did they apply through clearing for it or did they properly apply?

Clearing they got AAA after missing oxford and lse offers for Econ
do you think with AAB i could get into a course at Edinburgh through clearing - hopefully an economics or business. I studied maths chem and economics at A level and would be a fee paying student if that makes a difference???????
Original post by abcdefg123123
do you think with AAB i could get into a course at Edinburgh through clearing - hopefully an economics or business. I studied maths chem and economics at A level and would be a fee paying student if that makes a difference???????

Every year is different so only Edinburgh can answer this to be honest.
Original post by abcdefg123123

Hi, I don't know if you're still interested but my boyfriend got an offer for economics at Edinburgh which he missed by 0.2 points in his subject specific offer (despite exceeding his overall conditions). He's international so it would be beneficial to the uni but they said no before even receiving A-level results.

I had to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately, I doubt you'll be able to get into Edinburgh for economics this September.
@abcdefg123123 Have a look at this link, they say they don't have clearing spaces this year: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/2021/ucas
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, I’ve had a change of circumstances this year and I’m trying to prepare for how likely there is to be a place for me to study any economics course at Edinburgh University this year. I am Scottish and have the full required grades and I went to a school that meant I could do a widening access programme. Just trying to keep myself calm.

What grades did you get? did you end up going to Edinburgh?

Latest

Trending

Trending