The Student Room Group

Predict your A-levels Results?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Edexcel Salters Nuffield Bio A/A* (hope A* but depends on mark scheme
AQA Chem A/A* (depends on how many mistakes I made)
Edexcel Maths A (I hope!)
Need A*AA for imperial college London (A* in bio or chem) so I'm hoping for the best 😭.
Reply 61
Edexcel Maths - D
OCR Physics - C
Edexcel Chemistry - B
Predicted an A in all three, needed AAB for Chemistry at St. Andrews though :cry:
Why only OCR and AQA ?Did anyone answer Alevel Edexcel in June 2019?
Original post by GrayestOwl0900
Yeah, a lot of people who did only did Single Maths struggled a lot whereas those who did FM thought it went really well.

For FM, Further Pure was difficult (IMO, more difficult than last year’s) but somehow I managed. I’m a bit annoyed that I made a silly mistake on the very last question which was on trigonometric integration where you had to substitute a hyperbolic function, but oh well, what’s done is done.
But Further Applied? I honestly thought it would be easier this year since in the mock (we did the 2018 paper) was super hard; I think I got 16/60 in the Mechanics section in that paper. I’m honestly not looking forward to my FM grade.

The only bad thing about Physics was again Paper 2 but I think I did well enough in Paper 1 and 3 (I hope my Personal Investigation was good) to scrape a D2. But yeah, I was surprised in Paper 1 some of the questions were past paper questions.

I hope we both get results better than we expect them to be. Can I ask what uni you’ve applied to?

My firm is Imperial for Electronic and Information Engineering. They asked for D2 D3 D3 but I'm kind of hoping that they may consider looking at my chemistry (A Level) grade if I really mess up FM since a couple people I know who did two of each of Pre U and A Level weren't given specific subjects for engineering (just A* in maths) but hopefully it won't come to that...
So its time for me to say what I think I got :afraid:

AQA A level Biology A*/A ( because the papers were ok but AQA and their mark schemes are going finish me so i am thinking more so an A)
AQA A level Psychology A/B( paper 1 ruined any chances of an A* but pray its not a B cause if it is I am finished)
AQA A level Chemistry A*/A ( Right this is a sticky one still i am predicted an A* but I and my silly mistakes could have cost me but hopefully not chem is the one I find easier and do better in so hopefully I get an A*)

BEST CASE: 3A*s ( praying for this but I worked hard man no social media for 3 months just because of A levels you should have seen me during exam season did I even know myself, I was a zombie:cry:)

Not gonna lie I am mad scared trust me after 2 days I am gonna be thinking I failed completely like I got 3 D's so I thought why not put it on here but realistically I am thinking AAB( based on how the exams went). but really want the best case :h:

for more context here is my gyg: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5858400&p=82385870#post82385870
(edited 4 years ago)
Graphic Communication (AQA) - A
Film Studies (WJEC) - B/A
English Language (WJEC) - C/B

I need BBB to get into my firm choice (Huddersfield). Got an unconditional from UCLAN, although I'd probably take a year out to gain some work experience as well as having more time to think if doing an Illustration degree is really worth it, or whether I should study Graphic Design instead
Eduqas biology: A/A*
Eduqas religious studies: A*
OCR chemistry: A/B (messed up the last paper so idk)

Need ABB for medicine at Newcastle, hope everything goes to plan :redface: also waiting on someone else’s results for the same course so even more nerve wracking
Original post by gomgossa
Eduqas biology: A/A*
Eduqas religious studies: A*
OCR chemistry: A/B (messed up the last paper so idk)

Need ABB for medicine at Newcastle, hope everything goes to plan :redface: also waiting on someone else’s results for the same course so even more nerve wracking

Hope you get in. I think you will :h: good luckkkk
I think I got a c in English a b in psychology and a b in Spanish and I need AAB for my firm of Loughborough 😞 is anyone just wanting results day to come so they can know what’s happening or am I just weird haha
Maths : A*

Further Maths : A/B (need an A)

Biology : A/A* (hopefully A*)

Firm : UCL need A*AA
Insurance : Nottingham AAA

I am eligible for adjustment at Cambridge so for that possibility I’d need three A*s.

I think I did really well in the pure maths exams despite everyone saying it was very hard. I expect about 240/300. In Further I did a lot of silly mistakes which cost me, I did D1 and FS1. Im expecting about 220/300.
In Biology, I think I did really well in paper 1 and paper 2 but made lots of silly mistakes in paper 3. So I’m just hoping I did well.

Anyways whatever happens happens. Good luck to everyone.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kikiakilx
I think I got a c in English a b in psychology and a b in Spanish and I need AAB for my firm of Loughborough 😞 is anyone just wanting results day to come so they can know what’s happening or am I just weird haha

hopefully, you got AAB if not higher :biggrin: and you are not weird i am thinking the same thing but soon we will find out
Original post by Untamed-child
hopefully, you got AAB if not higher :biggrin: and you are not weird i am thinking the same thing but soon we will find out

I really doubt it, I fully gave up at the end I was fed up of everything 😂😭 good Im glad all my mates are like nah we don’t wanna know🙄
Reply 72
Original post by OGbaby69
Maths : A*

Further Maths : A/B (need an A)

Biology : A/A* (hopefully A*)

Firm : UCL need A*AA
Insurance : Nottingham AAA

I am eligible for adjustment at Cambridge so for that possibility I’d need three A*s.

I think I did really well in the pure maths exams despite everyone saying it was very hard. I expect about 240/300. In Further I did a lot of silly mistakes which cost me, I did D1 and FS1. Im expecting about 220/300.
In Biology, I think I did really well in paper 1 and paper 2 but made lots of silly mistakes in paper 3. So I’m just hoping I did well.

Anyways whatever happens happens. Good luck to everyone.

that 220/300 for FM could be an a*. u never kno
Reply 73
Original post by Dsk10911
Hi,
I need it for HSPS at Cambridge. I found paper 1 & 2 okay, it wasnt bad but also not as outstanding as everyone made it out to be. Mainly because of the 9 & 15 markers being limiting in terms of what you can write and the extent you could analyse it. Paper 3 was amazing for me. I done really well I think in the MCQ and had plenty of time to answer the remaining questions well.

What about yourself? Also, if you have done Edexcel Math how many marks do you think you got?

Fair. Paper 1 econ was a bit peak. Not expecting anything above an A for that. Paper 2 and 3 went better tho. Maybe going for A* but have to see what boundaries are so il probably go for A hopefully for firm (A*AA). I did Edexcel maths and Further. For a FM student I massively underperformed in normal maths and I think I only just got an A*. Funny thing is I did better in Further maths as well
Original post by Untamed-child
Hope you get in. I think you will :h: good luckkkk

Thank you 😭 good luck to you as well
Maths A*/A
Biology A/B
Physics B
Further Maths B
Welsh Bacc :dontknow: doesn't matter
All WJEC of course

Need ABB for Strathclyde, exams were pretty bad, but I think I should pull through, if not appeal with new information and additions to my PS that couldn't add at time of applying.
Could of gone with my A*AA offer from Imperial but nah not getting those grades with my current state of mind. And the course wasn't quite what I wanted to do.
Yh it could be but I don’t want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed on results day...
Original post by timif1
that 220/300 for FM could be an a*. u never kno
Original post by highcaffeinejava
My firm is Imperial for Electronic and Information Engineering. They asked for D2 D3 D3 but I'm kind of hoping that they may consider looking at my chemistry (A Level) grade if I really mess up FM since a couple people I know who did two of each of Pre U and A Level weren't given specific subjects for engineering (just A* in maths) but hopefully it won't come to that...

I see... well I do hope you meet or exceed your offer 👍. I applied to Imperial but got rejected due to my absolutely poor MAT score (40/100; this is the lowest I’ve ever gotten. In past papers I was scoring high 60s to mid 70s, sometimes even 80s. I think my nerves got to me that day, since I started preparing in the summer right after I got my predicted grades up to October.)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kikiakilx

Also firmed Loughborough, need ABB but I'm scared I wont get that. I wish results day was tomorrow so I wont have to wait.
Edexcel gce Chinese A*
Edexcel ial Biology A
Edexcel ial Chemistry A
Edexcal ial Maths A
Edexcel ial Physics A
Edexcel ial (AS) Further maths B

Worst scenario for science subjects would be B but it is slightly unlikely and there is a possibility for getting an A* depends on the boundary. People came out and said it was difficult so I think I might hv the chance

Requirements for my firm is AAB

Quick Reply

Latest