The Student Room Group

teacher training interview

Hi i have an interview at hope uni and i wondered if anyone can tell me what level maths they test you on in the interview. is it key stage 2 or GCSE level.thank you
they tested up to foundation G.C.S.E
Original post by teach92
Hi i have an interview at hope uni and i wondered if anyone can tell me what level maths they test you on in the interview. is it key stage 2 or GCSE level.thank you

Hello there :hello:,

The tests on the interview are not equivalent to a Skills Test or G.C.S.E Equivalency test. These tests are for the admissions and department team to gauge your level. Further requirements may then be set depending on the result of the test.

If you have any further questions, please do get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.

Many Thanks,
Tom :five:
Reply 3
Original post by Liverpool Hope University

The tests on the interview are not equivalent to a Skills Test or G.C.S.E Equivalency test. These tests are for the admissions and department team to gauge your level. Further requirements may then be set depending on the result of the test.

If you have any further questions, please do get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.

Many Thanks,

Thank you Tom, that is great.
Reply 4

Many Thanks,

I have not been in education for 10 years and worried my maths wont be up to scratch in time. Do the marks impact decisions?
Original post by teach92
I have not been in education for 10 years and worried my maths wont be up to scratch in time. Do the marks impact decisions?T

Thank you for the reply, :top:

I wouldn't worry to much about the results, our admissions team will use the results to ensure that your level of mathematics meets that of the course to ensure you are not at a disadvantage. Our admissions team can then use the results to offer advice on the next step if for whatever reason you may need further mathematics before the course.

Tom :biggrin:
Reply 6
Thank you for the reply, :top:

I wouldn't worry to much about the results, our admissions team will use the results to ensure that your level of mathematics meets that of the course to ensure you are not at a disadvantage. Our admissions team can then use the results to offer advice on the next step if for whatever reason you may need further mathematics before the course.

Tom :biggrin:

Thank you!
Original post by teach92
Thank you!

Hi there,

You're welcome. Remember, you CAN do this and good luck!

Fi :horse:

Quick Reply