UK Tier 4 Visa Timelines 2019

Watch
msmith1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone! I thought it would be nice to create a thread with people's timelines for their tier 4 visa. The old one hasn't been updated in like a year, and I know I am anxiously waiting for my own result. Shall we model the following structure? I'll input with my details first.

Online application submission date: 6/19/19
Biometrics appointment date: 7/2/19 (at ASC not a VFS location)
Documents mailing date: 7/2/19 (Standard processing)
Documents received date: n/a (UPS tracking said it was delivered to NY Scanning Hub 7/3/19)
Received confirmation from Sheffield: 7/3/19 (That online application received, no word yet about documents)
Processing started: n/a
Decision made: n/a
Documents returned: n/a
Comments: I made a few errors in my online application and so I submitted a covering letter with my application as instructed by my university. Praying everything goes okay!

I will update once I have more information! Feel free to modify the format
msmith1995
Rep:
?
UPDATE: I received my visa and it was approved. Yay! I'll share my experience so that if anyone goes through something similar, they can hopefully not feel so alone/paranoid/etc.

After I submitted my online application, I unfortunately realized I had made several errors:
1. I put the wrong number of years that I had lived at my residential address. (Good thing I am not getting my degree in math).
2. I forgot to mention three countries in my travel history. (Perhaps this is an error in the form - I was only able to input two countries for EEA. Really, I should have added the remaining three to the other countries section or the additional comments, but I stupidly didn't think to do it)
3. I stated I had not worked for the government. However I had completed an internship for a study abroad program and suddenly felt unsure if this particular experience counted toward government work or not (I interned for a member of the Scottish Parliament).
4. I (stupidly) did not mark that I was the national of a differentiation arrangement country.

With the advice of the international team at my university, I wrote a cover letter that explained the mistakes and what the correct answers should be. I included this in my application and mailed it (to VFS scanning hub in NY) off with the documents required for a low-risk national. I did not receive email confirmation for receipt of my documents from VFS or UKVI, nor did I receive an email confirmation when I had been given a decision or my documents dispatched. I only found out once my documents were returned to me, with the decision letter and visa in my passport. What a stressful few weeks, but it is now over and everything is okay If you are also stressed - have faith! It will all work out.
sunduvan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, there How did you write your cover letter? I need to write one and I just need to know the right format to do so.

Thanks.
msmith1995
Rep:
?
Hi - I had my name, address, bday, application number, and passport number at the top. Then the UKVI address for the scanning hub in NY since that is where I sent mine. Then it went
“To Whom It May Concern:
I would like the make the following clarifications on my Tier 4 Visa application:”
Then I specified each mistake and stated what the correct answer should be. I tried to make each one as concise and clear as possible. I put them in a numbered list. Then after I listed them all I ended it with:
“Please consider the above mentioned clarifications when reviewing my application. The documents submitted with my application are as specified on my documents checklist.”
Then I just signed my name. I also had the international student office at my university review it before I mailed it to get their insight on wording for things. Hope that helps!
sunduvan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks so much for your reply!

I’m applying from Malaysia so I’m not exactly sure where the scanning hub is.

But anyway, do you have any advice on the do’s and dont’s for the letter? What kind of ambiguity should I avoid or sentences?
msmith1995
Rep:
?
I would just try and be as clear as possible, and have a polite tone. For example, for my address mistake I said: "In my application, I stated that I lived at my residential address for X years, However, I would like to clarify that I actually lived there for X years. " I'm not sure what you are clarifying/why you are writing one so I can't really give more specific advice. I looked up examples online though to get a better sense and that helped me.
sunduvan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh, yeah.. So I’m writing one because I made a mistake of ticking No for the question “Have you visited any other countries in the past 10 years?”. I honestly misunderstood that and hence the mistake.
sunduvan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by msmith1995)
With the advice of the international team at my university, I wrote a cover letter that explained the mistakes and what the correct answers should be. I included this in my application and mailed it (to VFS scanning hub in NY) off with the documents required for a low-risk national.
By included in your application, do you mean you sent a printed copy of your application form?
msmith1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunduvan)
By included in your application, do you mean you sent a printed copy of your application form
Yes
YEnd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello msmith1995 You applied from the US is see, but do you hold a US passport? Also did you get interviewed at any point?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (137)
14.41%
I'm not sure (42)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (286)
30.07%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (462)
48.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed