The Student Room Group

Process safety vs safety and reliability engineering

Between process safety and safety and reliability engineering which is most core in the oil and gas industry ?
Original post by Nengim
Between process safety and safety and reliability engineering which is most core in the oil and gas industry ?

Your degree title will matter far less than the content of your degree and your experience. You can look up where grads for both courses end up. You may also want to look at what qualifications jobs you are interested in need.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Your degree title will matter far less than the content of your degree and your experience. You can look up where grads for both courses end up. You may also want to look at what qualifications jobs you are interested in need.

Thanks
Original post by Nengim

What do you mean by "most core"?
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
What do you mean by "most core"?

Most relevant
Original post by Nengim
Most relevant

They're both relevant. What's your background, and what would you rather study?
Reply 6
Chemical engineering. I have a eye for both
Original post by Nengim
Chemical engineering. I have a eye for both

Process safety is probably a slightly better fit for an undergrad in chemical engineering, but I know of people with chemical engineering backgrounds who has studied (or are studying) safety & reliability engineering... It's difficult to advise either way because it really depends on which one you'd rather study, and which way you want your career to progress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending